Henna and Permanent Color...

kitchen_tician

Yes, another henna question. I tried the search but I couldn't find my specific question.
I know you can use baq henna over colored hair. But, Can you "highlight" OVER henna'ed hair. For example, if I've used baq henna and then a couple of months later, I would like to add some real highlights with permanent color, is this possible or is this a disaster waiting to happen? :confused: Thanks.

Last edited:

Islandclo

I havent had a problem..I've been using BAQ HENNA for five years now..and been dying over it using Dark and Lovely honey blonde....my hair is still on my head..lol ....

balisi

kitchen_tician said:
Yes, another henna question. I tried the search but I couldn't find my specific question.
I know you can use baq henna over colored hair. But, Can you "highlight" OVER henna'ed hair. For example, if I've used baq henna and then a couple of months later, I would like to add some real highlights with permanent color, is this possible or is this a disaster waiting to happen? :confused: Thanks.
Do a strand test on a small section of hair. Rinse, shampoo, condition and dry. Then look at your strand test in natural sunlight in order to know if you should proceed.