Awesome detangler.....

SUPER SWEET

Imma have to get this asap... because detangling has made me want to run to the BSS and get a relaxer..But im holding on to transitioning!:ohwell:

BrooklynSouth

I shampooed with Nexxus Aloe Rid, used the Cowboy Magic Rosewater Conditioner as a 15 minute deep con with plastic cap, no heat, then used the Cowboy magic Detangler...I have never had such an easy comb through of my roots with minimal hair in the comb..funny how the container says.."TESTED ON HUMANS ONLY"
YEAH, I KNOW..INGREDIENTS:

CYCLOMETHICONE
DIMETHICONE
PANTHENOL
HYDROLYZED SILK
ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE
TOCOPHERYL ACETATE
FRAGRANCE

A quick morning update to let y'all know my hair is still a combing breeze...this Cowboy Magic is a serious keeper..Coffee found a great product line...give it a try!!!

Last edited:

Eisani

^^Thanks for bumping, I may have to look into this. I'll be 10 months post on the 13th and detangling is getting "worser and worser". I'm willing to try this if it can help keep a relaxer out of my hair!

tallnomad

Thanks OP. I LOVE horse products. They give me hope, because sometimes you see horses with that dry, brittle hair, and once they get some of those good products, the hair is much for slick and conditioned. I'm going to get the Cowboy Magic this week!

belle_reveuse28

Hmmm.. will definitely try... my natural roots is about to make me run a relaxer through with a quickness because they are getting so thick using this Mega-Tek. I was going to get the Mega-Tek hydrating detangler, but i'll try this too and compare. Apparently the Mega-Tek doesn't have cones, and this does. So I will see which one is best.

BrooklynSouth

Hmmm.. will definitely try... my natural roots is about to make me run a relaxer through with a quickness because they are getting so thick using this Mega-Tek. I was going to get the Mega-Tek hydrating detangler, but i'll try this too and compare. Apparently the Mega-Tek doesn't have cones, and this does. So I will see which one is best.

Belle, you will be delighted!!

bellebebe

If anyone needs the horse hair detangler, it would be ME! Gosh... I'm so glad that thing said something about dreadlocks because baby please believe after I take out my braids and wash my hair, I look like rasta faya. LMAO. God bless you mamita, I knew I came on this site for a reason.

tallnomad

Here are some interesting tail growing methods--or tail retention methods horse owners use. I found this on a horse board. Some of these tips are basically protective styling. Cowboy magic is mentioned.

OP: Hey there guys, I am new here and i need a lil help. I just bought myself a new horse, and she is kinda lacking in the tail department. I was wondering if anyone has any techniques or anything like that that i could use to help stimulate tail growth?

Responses:

--people that own arabs like their tails really long so what they do is braid their horses tail and put it in a sock. tie the sock securely through the braid and leave it there. only take it out and wash the tail/sock every month. it will grow in no time!!

--I don't think there is anything to encourage the growth of the tail but as suggested put it in a tail bag. Wash the tail out, let it dry then put some cowboy magic in the tail, braid it from the end of the dock down and fold it up and wrap it in vet wrap but not to tight! That will keep it nice and clean and let it grow without the horse swishing it around and the chance of it getting stuck on the fence and hairs being broken off.

--Yep; I'm with jumpergirl on that one...also use a good conditioner in the tail before you wrap it up. I use Cowboy magic leave-in detangling stuff. Works great on my hair too!

--When i groomed for some saddlebred people (that was an interesting adventure..lol) they wrapped the tails, and they said they put a type of oil on the tail before they wrapped it to help encourage growth even more. I dont remember what type of oil it was, but im sure it would do the same thing as cowboy magic.

--THe best thing to do when you want a mane/tail to grow is not brush it. when you brush them the hair falls out! So get your show sheen or what ever kind of spray in conditior you use, spray it in run your fingers throught there tail to get rid of the nots and then braid it in just a normal brade. i ususally redo the brades every 3 days and put more conditioner in it!

http://www.themanestreet.com/showthread.php?t=1827

Pretvl323

I went out and bought this product at Southern States the day after I read this post. All I can say is...WHOA!! Cowboy Magic is the business! I haven't used one product marketed towards humans that has worked better. Thanks for this information.:grin:

tallnomad

I just got mine now!!!! The detangler came with a sample of the shampoo and then I bought the conditioner. A large bottle of the conditioner was onlyl $10.

I'm going to use the shampoo and conditioner now. I'm washing my hair in braids and getting my hair re-braided later today, so I will use the detangler once I unbraid and do a comb out.

Will be back to post my results later.

Xavier

I can't find USA in the drop down where it asks for the Country. I have looked several times. Can someone help me?

Opalsunset

This sounds great! I'm going to get some for myself and my mother. Our hair both tangles pretty bad. Thanks for posting this! :)

tallnomad

Cowboy Magic detangler has changed my life! I have never been able to comb my hair out like that ever! I used the shampoo, conditioner and then later on the detangler. My hair was super soft after I unbraided and then when the detangler was added to my hair, all tangles, shedded hair and knots literally fell out.

I love the texture of the detangler too. It's kind of oily, but not, and me and the braider didn't even have to add anything additional to my hair to re-braid. This is a DEFINITE keeper!!!!!

BrooklynSouth

Cowboy Magic detangler has changed my life! I have never been able to comb my hair out like that ever! I used the shampoo, conditioner and then later on the detangler. My hair was super soft after I unbraided and then when the detangler was added to my hair, all tangles, shedded hair and knots literally fell out.

I love the texture of the detangler too. It's kind of oily, but not, and me and the braider didn't even have to add anything additional to my hair to re-braid. This is a DEFINITE keeper!!!!!

Ditto, ditto, ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No kidding, this stuff is the B-E-S-T!! The only way to find out is to give it a try. Hard to do with so many products being pushed as THE ANSWER to your detangling. LHCF..this one is FOR REAL, no joke!! I had my second shipment waiting for me from 123Tack..2 days and it was here, my poo, detangling, conditioner...free 8 ounce shampoo sample included too!! I shampoo, condition then comb out. Combout is so easy and fast I feel confused afterward..used to take me hours!!!

NYAmicas

Seeker
I'm so jealous of everyone who has their products already. Thanks for posting about this Coffee, the store locator on the site gave me an address not far from where I live. I hope it can detangle my hair!

Yellowflowers

I went to the feed store to pick up some fish food and of course I wasn't going to leave without looking at the horse products! I am so happy I did! I purchased something called Cowboy Magic, a concentrated detanger & shine. It works like I just had a fresh relaxer, the comb just glides through so easy!

That is very interesting. This is origionally where Mane and Tail was found. What animal is it used for?:grin:

HoneyDew

The detanger is too 'cone filled for me - I am not sure how I would incorparate it into my regimine with all of my staples in use.

Is it like a serum? Cream? liquid? Someone may have explained that, but I have not read all comments.

But, I do like the silicone free conditioner. Well, I just glanced quickly at the ingredients. It seems to be pretty cone free, a preference for me in my conditioners.

I also LOVE that it is chelating which is ideal my hardwater problem. The conditoner also has Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, which is a detergent. hmmm, for cowashing maybe.

I may give it a try.

Edited to add
I am seeing two sets of ingredients on the Rosewater conditioner.

From:http://www.americanlivestock.com/pc-794-15003-cowboy-magic-rosewater-conditioner.aspx
Deionized water infused with Extracts of Rose, Sage, Rosemary, Thyme, Nettle, Chamomile, Seaweed, Mint, Lavender, Lauryl Methyl Gluceth-10 Hydroxypropyidimonium Chloride, Cetearal Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Cetyl Alcohol, Steralkonium Chloride, Hydrolized Silk, Tetrasodium EDTA, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Fragrance.

From:http://www.cowboymagic.com/products-rosewater-conditioner.html
Water, Dicetyldiomonium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Cetyl Alcohol, Honey, Rosa Centifolia (Rose) Flower Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Rosemarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme Oil), Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint Leaf Extract), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Symphytum Officinale (Comfrey) Extract, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Extract, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Polysorbate 20, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Fragrance.

I like the list from the CBM website better.

Last edited:

tallnomad

Ditto, ditto, ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No kidding, this stuff is the B-E-S-T!! The only way to find out is to give it a try. Hard to do with so many products being pushed as THE ANSWER to your detangling. LHCF..this one is FOR REAL, no joke!! I had my second shipment waiting for me from 123Tack..2 days and it was here, my poo, detangling, conditioner...free 8 ounce shampoo sample included too!! I shampoo, condition then comb out. Combout is so easy and fast I feel confused afterward..used to take me hours!!![/B]

Girl, you ain't neva lied.

I used to never comb out my hair because it would take too long and leave me overwhelmed, now I feel very confident. I really think this is my holy grail! I used to worry about 'cones, but I think the benefit of having hair I can comb outweighs anything too negative from the 'cones--hopefully.

Thank you so much Coffee for sharing this info.

tallnomad

Is it like a serum? Cream? liquid? Someone may have explained that, but I have not read all comments.

It's more of a thick serum. I have this Cantu Shea Butter hair shine stuff (forget the exact name), but it's very close to that in texture. It initially feels oily, but then dissipates. It's like a serum, but very liquidy and saturates your hair. It's almost like it has this "intelligence" and goes directly to the "problem" area that needs to be corrected, and then it works its magic!

I really think I'm in love with it.:grin:

MissRissa

yeah i think imma hit up the leave in detangler but imma need some folks to test out the rosewater shampoo and conditioner. my pockets can't take anything right now thats not a sure thing.

HoneyDew

yeah i think imma hit up the leave in detangler but imma need some folks to test out the rosewater shampoo and conditioner. my pockets can't take anything right now thats not a sure thing.

Okay well you try the detangler and I will try the conditioner. :yep:

I am not messing with that shampoo though. I may try the detangler eventually, if I can find a way to incorporate it. Not sure how I can fit it in.

HoneyDew

It's more of a thick serum. I have this Cantu Shea Butter hair shine stuff (forget the exact name), but it's very close to that in texture. It initially feels oily, but then dissipates. It's like a serum, but very liquidy and saturates your hair. It's almost like it has this "intelligence" and goes directly to the "problem" area that needs to be corrected, and then it works its magic!

I really think I'm in love with it.:grin:

Think it can be used as a heat protectant? Maybe I can replace my heat protectant with it.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
hmm maybe when i finally get my own card i might get this but ill pass on this and just see the reviews. french perm ph restorer is doing the job for me. i just skimmed though. i am intrigued about the smell though. thats the only think about the FP i dont like.

did any naturals/long transitions use this?