Aveda Color... Anyone interested?

pookaloo83

Anyway I know a few people that are aveda trained and this is a good deal. I could get the color for cheap And just charge them for the services.

Sent from my iPhone 4s

SummerSolstice

Again, how would they even know what level they are, which they need to know to get this "personalized color" they want to get to?

It doesn't matter what color line they use, going for blonde takes a lot out of the hair and requires a lot of maintenence. $110 is a fraction of the costs most of us have spent to get our hair healthy and you can't put a number on the time we've spent.

I've said my peace. If they want to proceed on the EXTREMELY LIMITED KNOWLEDGE you just gave them, fine. THEY'VE BEEN WARNED.

topnotch1010 cool boo. congrats on your warning.
like i said, I'll be in the thread to guide anyone who is interested.

SummerSolstice

Anyway I know a few people that are aveda trained and this is a good deal. I could get the color for cheap And just charge them for the services.

Sent from my iPhone 4s

pookaloo83 right cuz its $10 for a salon per tube, and the lady i get it from charges $15...
At my salon if they brought color we only charged 1/2, so you could walk away better off.

pookaloo83

Top notch I appreciate you telling us the pros and cons. :yep: but I could see why summer was a lil :ohwell: it just seemed like you attacked her is all. Glad you spoke up though because there ate a lot of naive posters on color.

Sent from my iPhone 4s

A856

I've never seen one get called out on a "THANKS" but then again this is LHCF and there's a first for everything.:spinning:

Anyways, who said that that was the specific reason I thanked her?? Never assume:look: I thanked her for her opinion, which I'm entitled to do. I'm no cosmetologist nor proclaim to be one, but when I see topics like this that interests me, I read opinions from all sides, I THANK them for their input.

summerStolice :look: so defensive this morning.

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
and ultimately you don't know anything about this line of color so PLEASE can we not derail this thread, I was only trying to help...
if you only use joico i could see why this thread seems decieving... aveda color is VERY different from other colors, and also exclusive.

I've well versed in PM, Joico, Rusk, and the most popular color line Redken.

Again, it's not the actual color because it deposits. It's what you have to use to get rid of the underlying pigment is what causes the damage.

Anyway, good day!

SummerSolstice

I've never seen one get called out on a "THANKS" but then again this is LHCF and there's a first for everything.:spinning:

Anyways, who said that that was the specific reason I thanked her?? Never assume:look: I thanked her for her opinion, which I'm entitled to do. I'm no cosmetologist nor proclaim to be one, but when I see topics like this that interests me, I read opinions from all sides, I THANK them for their input.

@summerStolice :look: so defensive this morning.

A856 i hope you can see why... i was really just trying to help people, i didn't expect someone to lunch out on me.

SummerSolstice

Top notch I appreciate you telling us the pros and cons. :yep: but I could see why summer was a lil :ohwell: it just seemed like you attacked her is all. Glad you spoke up though because there ate a lot of naive posters on color.

Sent from my iPhone 4s

right... she seems like she knows her stuff, but I wouldn't have let someone order without some guidance first... i don't know why she assumed that I wouldn't at least help out. I guess theres a lot of that on the board. I haven't been over here in hair section for awhile, so i guess my bad for not explaining better??? :perplexed

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston

Sent from my iPhone 4s

You know why I jumped down her throat, because the initial info was wrong and she's not telling y'all the full story. She's making it sound easier than it is. There are a lot of factors like natural level, desired level, texture, porosity, prior chemical services including the use of henna and metallic dyes that will adversely affect the color and the health of your hair.

I know the dedication it took for some of y'all to get where you are and I would hate for it to be ruined because someone was trying to make a quick buck and not give all the facts.

I'm done here, for real this time. Good day.

SummerSolstice

You know why I jumped down her throat, because the initial info was wrong and she's not telling y'all the full story. She's making it sound easier than it is. There are a lot of factors like natural level, desired level, texture, porosity, prior chemical services including the use of henna and metallic dyes that will adversely affect the color and the health of your hair.

I know the dedication it took for some of y'all to get where you are and I would hate for it to be ruined because someone was trying to make a quick buck and not give all the facts.

Dude... stop lying. I'm not selling anything!!!!
You're just being mean at this point. SMH.

PJaye

@PJaye
I can look on the box at home and write em out for you guys. you will be pleased. Lots and lots of oils and flowers :grin:

I'm an aveda junky... it tingles my toes to think about it :lol:

Thanks, that would be greatly appreciated (FYI, I am only interested in black and dark brown hues).

KurlyNinja

I would like to be PMd. Been thinking of coloring my hair again for a while and this seems like one of the safest routes. We have an aveda salon where I'm at but I know I should be capable of doing this on my own (with some of your guidance) without the high prices of the salon.

Ms. Martina

I'm currently looking into getting my virgin hair dyed for the first time. I'm soooo nervous and scared. I have a few questions about Aveda. Is Aveda the type of hair color that doesn't play nice with other hair color brands? For example, I've heard you can't use normal color over henna. Is Aveda similar to henna in this way? I have completely virgin hair now, but if I were to get my hair colored at an Aveda salon, would I be stuck with using Aveda color from this point on in life?

Ogoma

I went in for an Aveda color consultation two weeks ago and was told I would need to let the henna grow out or bleach to eventually get the color I wanted. I was a little disappointed. We did a strand test and the non-hennaed parts were definitely brighter than the hennaed parts. I can't wait that long so I am going to keep using henna and hoping one day it would turn my black hair red :lol:.

SummerSolstice

I'm currently looking into getting my virgin hair dyed for the first time. I'm soooo nervous and scared. I have a few questions about Aveda. Is Aveda the type of hair color that doesn't play nice with other hair color brands? For example, I've heard you can't use normal color over henna. Is Aveda similar to henna in this way? I have completely virgin hair now, but if I were to get my hair colored at an Aveda salon, would I be stuck with using Aveda color from this point on in life?

Ms. Martina aveda color is not similar to henna. I have seen stylists color someone's hair a few months after they used henna. I will check and see what my colleagues have to say... stylists are not henna fans :lol:
And if you use aveda once, you don't have to go back. you can use other colors. I'm not sure if you would want to just because the color is so beautiful.
When coloring your hair with any color, you would only apply it all over during your first application. After tthat you would then only retouch your new growth just like relaxers. Unless you are using the semi permanent gloss. Those can be applied all over, and I would say they can be used safely every 6 weeks.

LadyPBC

Well I am one of the posters who knows nothing about color - I now use henna exclusively but now I'm a little gunshy (based on the back and forth discussions) so I may only be interested in semi permanent or glosses if they are available. I really like the color that was inspired by the trees though.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Thanks op for the info. Your hair looks fab with the tree inspired color. I have to admit I am intrigued and will be watching this thread. I love aveda.

Ms. Martina

Ms. Martina aveda color is not similar to henna. I have seen stylists color someone's hair a few months after they used henna. I will check and see what my colleagues have to say... stylists are not henna fans :lol:
And if you use aveda once, you don't have to go back. you can use other colors. I'm not sure if you would want to just because the color is so beautiful.
When coloring your hair with any color, you would only apply it all over during your first application. After tthat you would then only retouch your new dgrowth just like relaxers. Unless you are using the semi permanent gloss. Those can be applied all over, and I would say they can be used safely every 6 weeks.

Thanks, I'm going to book a few consultations and see who I like best.

*CherryPie*

topnotch1010

I appreciate it!:yep:

If someone had warrned me before I put color on my hennaed hair, I wouldn't need to cut my ends so often trying to get 3 inches of colored ends off. The product that was used on my hair was said to have no bleach, ammonia, or peroxide, etc. too. But it was permanent color. So, how did it lift without any of that?

I'm done here, for real this time. Good day.

tuffCOOKiE

I'm actually a little confused at the OP, about this Aveda hair color. To be clear, this is a real question and not an accusation. I got my hair colored with a low ammoinia hair color (Kaaral, Boca Line #12) and then a 40 developer was used.

MY hair is naturally jet black and now that I am natural, I wanted to add dimension and also lighten the hair around my face.

My hair stylist did not use bleach, but I would say something in the developer would have made my very dark hair turn light.

The question: SummerSolstice what is in the Aveda color that made your hair turn to that golden brown/blondish color?

Ms. Martina did you get your hair colored in the end?