The Aveda Thread

Kimiche

Alright ladies. I have been in quite a few threads where some of you mentioned Aveda products. I have 4a/b relaxed hair (with new growth kicking), and I would like to know which Aveda line would help me out. I am so willing to try Aveda again. I tried the Brilliant pomade back in the day, but I didn't like it too much. Please, let's discuss Aveda. :grin: And go!!

Last edited:

dream13

Alright ladies. I have been in quite a few threads where some of you mentioned Aveda products. I have 4a/b relaxed hair (with new growth kicking), and I would like to know which Aveda line would help me out. I am so willing to try Aveda again. I tried the Brilliant pomade back in the day, but I didn't like it too much. Please, let's discuss Aveda. :grin: And go!!

Aveda :love:er here!

The Damage Remedy line is the truth. It's a light protein, that strengthens, and moisturizes. For an extra moisture boost, I :love: the Sap Moss concentrate (soon to be discontinued).

ETA: I didn't care for the Humectant or the Anti-Humectant pomades either.

Kimiche

Ooooh! I heard about the Sap Moss. I wanted to buy the pre-shampoo treatment yesterday to try it out, but it wasn't available online. :sad:

soonergirl

Another aveda-er here!!! Love Aveda!! I used the Dr line, it is sooo wonderful.... I also have the brillant and smooth infusion line as well... I am 4a relaxed and the dr line has worked wonders on my hair!!!

~*Tigget*~

I have relaxed 4a/b hair. And I recently started using the Aveda line, and I absolutely love it. Seriously this is so good for my hair, I have never had soft, silky hair, I thought I was a white girl for a minute...:grin:

Anyway I use the DPR line, and occasionally the Brilliant Anti-Humectant, cause its been hot lately. The only thing I didn't like was using my coconut oil w/ the conditioner, I think it takes away from its effectiveness. So I will save my coconut oil and add it w/ my cheap conditoners for in between co-washes.

FlawedBeauty

Does the damage remedy line have much protein in it? im bored with my poo's and condish they just arent doin it for me anymore. looking for some new stuff.

Cleve_gryl

Another DR lover here!! I have the whole line...the Treatment is the high protein conditioner. I can only use this when I'm feeling major damage or splits. The regular DR conditioner is excellent!! :love:

I also have the Sap Moss Concentrate. Haven't used it in a while, but its very nice to prepoo with on occassion...Waiting for the Moisture Remedy line to get here :yep:

chebaby

looks like i better start using this stuff. i have the humectant pomade which i love. i hate the smell but i think i've gotten used to it. i also have the brilliant conditioner but have yet to use it.

honeybadgirl

i find that the sap moss concentrate works even better with heat and mixed with a conditioner:lick:
i loved aveda but i switched to Elucence

Cleve_gryl

Do you have to use the Damage Remedy Treatment with the accompanying shampoo or can you use it with anything?
I suppose you can use different products with it, but like most brands they work best if used together :confused:. I always use AO Honeysuckle Rose after the Treatment with no adverse effects.

Irresistible

Another DR lover here!! I have the whole line...the Treatment is the high protein conditioner. I can only use this when I'm feeling major damage or splits. The regular DR conditioner is excellent!! :love:

I also have the Sap Moss Concentrate. Haven't used it in a while, but its very nice to prepoo with on occassion...Waiting for the Moisture Remedy line to get here :yep:

I guess I can try it just be sure I rinse it out and not leave it in long

chebaby

bumping:creatures:creatures:creatures
because now im a aveda stalker. im gonna get some this weekend:look:.

Hi ladies- the 4% product junkie self left in me is going to get some Aveda...

Where can I get these products for the best deals? I have never seen these products anywhere but CVS-which was pretty expensive...