Aveda Salon Color/Highlights?

Black Hoya Chick

So I am going to visit an Aveda Concept salon to inquire about face-framing highlights. I want some "pizzazz" in my hair but am afraid of drastic change. And I also want the healthiest/least damaging color possible. Anyone have experience with aveda color/highlights? Care to share? ...:grin::rolleyes:

blessedandlucky

me! my old stylist was at an aveda salon. i got highlights three times and loved them. they do a consultation first and listen, so i'm sure you will not be disappointed. don't forget to post pics!

blessedandlucky

i just noticed your name - if you go to the georgetown aveda - schedule with lisa - she will hook you up. she's natural too - probably 3c.

blessedandlucky

i'd say highlights b/c you can place them strategically and it's not subjecting your entire head to the process. however, i am also relaxed, so i was wary of being overprocessed. plus, i think that highlights are less worrisome when they grow out if you keep the color you choose pretty natural.

Black Hoya Chick

i wasn't going to color my whole head, just the last few inches. but i see what you mean since i only want the highlights in the front. i am just TERRIFIED of the bleaching

Black Hoya Chick

so i visited the georgetown aveda salon yesterday and spoke to lisa (who is fabulous by the way and has fabulous natural hair) and she convinced me to get full highlights since i wear my hair predominantly curly. i will be doing it next tuesday or wednesday, so i should have pics by then =)

pmichael52172

so i visited the georgetown aveda salon yesterday and spoke to lisa (who is fabulous by the way and has fabulous natural hair) and she convinced me to get full highlights since i wear my hair predominantly curly. i will be doing it next tuesday or wednesday, so i should have pics by then =)

I'll be waiting for them too!

MissBCurly

you should. its not the cheapest, but i will spend money for quality and health. she has been there for 10 years so she knows her stuff. and she is FAB lol

your not making this any easier! lol and im def going to go talk to her andi def know the high price, i took my mother to the gtown one we both got our hair done, lets just say....i worked overtime to make up the difference! lol

chebaby

i went to the aveda salon on pentagon row and i had an ok experience lol. the girl that did my hair was nice and she had a long talk with me about what i wanted but i still didnt end up with what i wanted lol. that was about 3 months ago so now im thinking about going to another salon to get more color done but we will see.

C(squared)

Has anyone worked with Brooke? She said she specialized in natural hair styling and also color. Just curious...

MissBCurly

Has anyone worked with Brooke? She said she specialized in natural hair styling and also color. Just curious...

Brooke used to be just a shampoo tech when I first went there and she handled my mothers appt she was very knowledgable about curly/natural hair she was advising my mothers stylist (felipe) my stylist (an older white man nolonger seems to work there. but out the two I would go to Brooke or Lisa =)

CheLala13

Just wanted to say that I went to Brooke yesterday for hair color (it was my first time ever getting color) and she was very personable and knowledgeable about natural hair and hair color. She listened to what I wanted, although I didn't really know what I wanted, and was very helpful in choosing the right color for me and she wasn't even annoyed in the slightest! Haha. I loved how my hair came out and I'll try to get you updated if I see any damage. If I want to get a more intense hair color, I would definitely go back here with Brooke, I highly recommend her! :)

Nefertiti0906

Any updates? I want to get my hair colored or highlighted at Aveda. Based off the responses in this thread, I guess I'll go for Brooke or Lisa.

naturalTAN

Y'all are making me smile talking about the positive experiences at the Aveda salons. I plan on studying cosmetology there in a year.

Nefertiti0906

Any updates? I want to get my hair colored or highlighted at Aveda. Based off the responses in this thread, I guess I'll go for Brooke or Lisa.

I ended up going to Lisa. She did a good job but I got the impression that she didn't know how to handle my hair type, which is a mixture of 3c and 4a. Lisa is no longer in the salon.

Brooke used to be just a shampoo tech when I first went there and she handled my mothers appt she was very knowledgable about curly/natural hair she was advising my mothers stylist (felipe) my stylist (an older white man nolonger seems to work there. but out the two I would go to Brooke or Lisa =)

Has anyone been to Brooke recently? I'd rather go to her if she's very comfortable with natural hair.