Aveda Brilliant Hair Spray - Have You Tried This For Humidity?

Isis

I read a post here a few weeks ago about this hair spray (not the Aveda Shine On Spray, which I have) and according to the Aveda website, the Aveda Brilliant Hair Spray "defies humidity and adds shine to all hair types." That sounds good to me but I want to know more.

I'm wondering how effectively this defies humidity. I posted this on another hair board also and a lady gave it a thumbs up :up: but didn't experience it with humidity.

Who has used this hair spray and what has been your experience with it, especially with your hair in humid conditions?

comike

I don't use the hair spray but I do use the Aveda Brilliant Emollient Finishing Gloss. I've used it for years but last week (when the humidity was kicking up), I decided to apply it to my hair while it was wet and I have to say that my hair didn't puff up as much or rather not much at all. Plus it make it a lot silky looking after blow drying and curling.

MizaniMami

Are you talking about the Brilliant Shine spray???

Personally, I didn't care for it. It felt as if I didn't add anything to my hair at all.

Isis

MizaniMami said:
Are you talking about the Brilliant Shine spray???

Personally, I didn't care for it. It felt as if I didn't add anything to my hair at all.
No, not the Brilliant Shine spray in the cobalt blue bottle, I have that and you're right, it didn't do much at all. It's not made for humidity either.

This comes in a white bottle and is designed to protect the hair from humidity.

Isis

comike said:
I don't use the hair spray but I do use the Aveda Brilliant Emollient Finishing Gloss. I've used it for years but last week (when the humidity was kicking up), I decided to apply it to my hair while it was wet and I have to say that my hair didn't puff up as much or rather not much at all. Plus it make it a lot silky looking after blow drying and curling.
I haven't used this following heat but I love this serum! :yep:

peacelove

I've tried everything from this line except this. I am completely off hairspray. They have the anti-humectant pomade - have you tried that?

Isis

peacelove said:
I've tried everything from this line except this. I am completely off hairspray. They have the anti-humectant pomade - have you tried that?
I've used the anti-humectant for a few years, correctly after LHCF. It's not 100% effective against humidity but I do love it and because castor oil is the main ingredient, I know it's doing wonders for my hair.

so so chic

MizaniMami said:
Oooh Okay, The only thing that kept me from trying that is that it says it provides hold. An dlord knows I don't want no kinda hold.

I've tried this and it does seem to help with the humidity. And about the hold, I didn't notice any hold at all. I don't need any hold either, I like my hair to be bouncy with lot's of movement :) .

Isis

so so chic said:
I've tried this and it does seem to help with the humidity. And about the hold, I didn't notice any hold at all. I don't need any hold either, I like my hair to be bouncy with lot's of movement :) .
I'm glad you tried this So so chic! :) How did you use this spray? Did you just spray it on your hair as the last step? It looks like water, did it make your hair wet? And how well did this Aveda Hair spray help with the humidity?

lexi08

so so chic said:

I want to try this does the spray have a strong smell?