Anyone Use Aveda Hang Straight for Humidity?

Isis

Have any of you ladies tried Aveda Hang Straight Straightening Lotion? It's supposed to "smooth flyaways, boosts shine and resists effects of humidity on curly or wavy hair". Apparently, it's been around for a while but I don't recall reading any posts about it (although I'm still catching up on lots of posts). Has anyone here used this product?:)

I did this summer. I live in Okinawa and it is very humid! This worked well when I applied before i blow dried my hair. I used it also, when I was bunning too. It made my hair very soft and manageable. It stayed very moisturized. I really like Aveda since I live in Japan, and it is humid and their products work great. The aveda be curly lotion is also nice for braid outs. I like this it really defined my waves and curls. Try them! They are definite 2 thumbs up!

Does it help straighten airdried hair, too? I've got airdrying down pact, and my hair airdrys like I've blowdried it, but after a few days, I get some frizz. Does this tame it?

aliajp said:
I did this summer. I live in Okinawa and it is very humid! This worked well when I applied before i blow dried my hair. I used it also, when I was bunning too. It made my hair very soft and manageable. It stayed very moisturized. I really like Aveda since I live in Japan, and it is humid and their products work great. The aveda be curly lotion is also nice for braid outs. I like this it really defined my waves and curls. Try them! They are definite 2 thumbs up!
Thank you Aliajp for your reply. If I try this (I may ask for a free sample from Aveda), I would apply it on my wet hair before rollersetting to airdry. It's good to know your hair stayed moisturized with it and that this product worked for you in such great humidity! :up:

Ebonygurl00 said:
Does it help straighten airdried hair, too? I've got airdrying down pact, and my hair airdrys like I've blowdried it, but after a few days, I get some frizz. Does this tame it?
I would like to know this also although I'm not looking to straighten my hair, just to keep it from reverting in very humid conditions. I'm still using my Aveda Anti-Humectant but I'm open for alternatives or additions to that.

No, it will not straighten like ntm does. I tried it with the scarf too:) but, it did however, make the hair softer like the waves from wet hair remain smooth and not frizzy. I think because may be ntm has that sodium stuff used in relaxers and this does not:perplexed I may be wrong though! It works well to make the hair not frizz. It kind of made like a braid out look when air dried overnight at least for me it did. I also used oil to like seal it. hth.

aliajp said:
No, it will not straighten like ntm does. I tried it with the scarf too:) but, it did however, make the hair softer like the waves from wet hair remain smooth and not frizzy. I think because may be ntm has that sodium stuff used in relaxers and this does not:perplexed I may be wrong though! It works well to make the hair not frizz. It kind of made like a braid out look when air dried overnight at least for me it did. I also used oil to like seal it. hth.
What attracts me is the flax seed and organic marshmellow root which is supposed to smooth the hair. Are you getting build up on your hair with this?

Last edited:
No, I wash every Saturday and Tuesday. It is really nice for me, especially when I have alot of new growtht. It super moisturizing!! But, It is light. I did reapply a little daily but, no build up for me! I realized I only needed to apply evrey other day.

aliajp said:
No, I wash every Saturday and Tuesday. It is really nice for me, especially when I have alot of new growtht. It super moisturizing!! But, It is light. I did reapply a little daily but, no build up for me! I realized I only needed to apply evrey other day.
Thank you for this info Aliajp! :)

Back