August Products

Am I the only one who DC every 2 weeks if I am not in a protective style?

Nah, I DC every week. It's like clockwork for me lol...

And the major differences between this thread and the Use Up the Stash thread is:
1) It's not a Use Up the Stash thread. While you may do that inadvertently, you aren't encouraged to use up anything, just stick with certain things for one month
2) It will be monthly, not quarterly (I will title it differently from next month on)
3) You are not encouraged to post and update your stash
4) Since it will be monthly and you aren't posting that much, it won't be very difficult finding your posts and updating them. You don't even need to update your stash, just post and report on things you are using during the month.

To me, it's the same like the use it up thread.
@gorgeoushair

Maybe to You. But not to me. "Use it Up" You are listing everything you own and attacking products on that list to use them up.

For me, this is a more planned out approach, where you are matching products to your Regimen and then using them for an entire month.

I stated why I felt they were different (for me) upthread.

Chile, How often do u co wash?

@gorgeoushair

Wednesdays and Saturdays. Twice a Week. Why? How often do you cowash?

Leave-In & Detangling:
BBD Stretch Crème
Daily:
APB's Lotion & Butter (assorted)
*All of these Products are currently open.
**These may change before the Month is out. (If I use them up)
If it does, I'll either pull out Back-Ups or a similar product.
***I probably won't buy another if I have something similar and don't have a back-up.

Finished Up BBD Stretch (have a 16oz Jar back-up)
Also finished up: APB Hair Butter & Lotion (Pearberry) No back ups of Pearberry. Also used up: Jakeala's Nappy Hair Butter (Pink Sugar)

But I do have half jars/half bottles of: Fairy Dust & Chicks Dig It (Butters & Lotions) that I will pull back out for September and use up.

Pulled out Mission:Condition's Goji Berry Hair Silk (Lotion).

@gorgeoushair

Maybe to You. But not to me. "Use it Up" You are listing everything you own and attacking products on that list to use them up.

For me, this is a more planned out approach, where you are matching products to your Regimen and then using them for an entire month.

I stated why I felt they were different (for me) upthread.

Not me. I didn't list everything I owned. That is #teamtoomuch. I would list the products I wanted to use up simply because I had them too long and didn't want any to spoil. Everything that I listed did fit into my regimen such as DC's, leave-ins, etc.

@gorgeoushair

Wednesdays and Saturdays. Twice a Week. Why? How often do you cowash?

Ok so for real for real... I'm going to try and stick to something for the remainder of this month :lol: I just tried the GVP Detangler (from Sally's) and Hask Repair That Hair... I like them both. I used the detangler as a deep conditioner by itself and I really like it. Made my hair soft, moisturized and detangled. Tried the Hask and I like it too - detangled the very few tangles I had left and kept/made my hair soft. Unsure if I'm going to put it in place of the Shea Moisture Kids Detangler but I might... it's thicker/creamier and says it offers thermal protection which I need since I blow dry my hair. I'm really tempted to buy the GVP Balm and try it out before my relaxer so I can see how it performs on this much new growth. The good part about it is that all of these things are cheaper than the Shea Moisture products I like and with the GVP they're bigger in size.

Daily:
APB's Lotion & Butter (assorted)
Oils:
Marie Dean's Jojoba (Brown Sugar & Fig)
KeraVada Coffee Oil

*All of these Products are currently open.

Used these up.

Cowashing/Co-Cleansing
Oyin Handmade Honey Hemp

Will Pull out:
SD's Destination Hydration (Cowashing)
Hairveda's Acai Phyto Berry (Cowashing)

Hi ladies! I'm not sure that a similar thread as been started, but I thought that it would be a good idea to start a thread focusing on certain products that would be used each month. I wouldn't say this was necessarily a use up the stash type thing (even though it may help) but I find that my stash isn't completely overwhelming if a pick out a few things to consistently use each month.

This is not necessary a challenge (although I am personally challenging myself lol), but it has really helped me not really jump around from product to product. Plus it can give you a chance to see how well a product really works or not. I will go first.

I will be using during the month of August:
As I Am Cleansing Pudding
Annabelle's Perfect Blends Broccoli and Avocado Smoothing Conditioner
Naturale Grow's Irish Moss DC
Soultanicals Knot Sauce
Sarenzo's Creamy Oil
EcoStyler Argan Oil Gel
Sarenzo's Body Frosting
Nature's Gate Pomegrantate and Sunflower DC
Annabelle's Perfect Blends Green Powerhouse Oil
Soultanicals Hair Sorrel Kink Drink

If you run out of your monthly selected product, you may either replace it or pick up something new. But whatever you pick up, should be consistently used during the month. Oh, and how you use your selected products are totally up to you and can be switched up as long as they are still being used during the month.

What say you ladies?

Used up:
Annabelle's Broccoli and Avocado Smoothing Conditioner
As I Am Cleansing Pudding
Soultanicals Knot Sauce
Soultanicals Kink Drink
Tossed:
Nature's Gate Pomegranate and Sunflower Conditioner
Naturelle Grow's Irish Moss DC
Still have:
EcoStyler Argan Oil Gel
Sarenzo Body Frosting and Creamy Oil
APB Green Powerhouse oil

I have never used up four products in one month. I can't wait for next month! :yay:

I used up a gallon of distilled water, a jar of purification mask, and a sorrel kink drink. :drunk:
Almost done with my Bee Mine DC. I have one more use. Will reup for Black Friday.
For September, I will concentrate on using my Silk Dreams DCs, another jar of the purification mask, the rest of the marula maru (a little goes a LONG way) and another bottle of Sorrell Kink Drink. Getting this stash down so I can go cray-cray on Black Friday. :evilbanana:

For my final, end of the month check in:
I gave away the Soultanicals DC. It didn't work for me either Blue.
I am almost out of Oyin Hair Dew. Gotta order some more.
I used up a Silk Dreams DC (since I had to replace the ST with something)

I did pretty good this month. This definitely helped me focus on using certain items. Great idea Blue!

I have been trying to focus on certain products until used up so that I'm not jumping around so much. This is the reason I never use up anything. This thread is going to be really helpful. I always plan out what products I will use ahead of time (I actually type them out on my phone before I get in the shower) and note the results but since I tried the Roux porosity control everything I revisited works just fine. So using up stuff will be a bonus; I just want to stick with something until its finished.

Is there a seperate thread for September or are we continuing in this one?

Back