Refrigerated products and condensation?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
NaturallyATLPCH

I Agree.:grin:

It is 'fun' to try new things and see what's new out there. Smells, Textures, Consistencies, Performance, Vendor Experiences. It all counts.:yep:

Just when I thought I could slow down....more new things pop up.:spinning:

But I need to start stash shopping.

There are so many things I haven't even gotten around to, to even give an opinion on because I keep adding to a never ending, always growing stash.

And I want to/need to seriously work on that.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
NaturalBritt87

PJ-ism is real. And it's hard to control, manage and break.

It's almost like you 'cross over' to a place where only a certain few truly understand.

Once You're In You're In and it's hard to get out!:lol:

That sounds strange as I type it.:blush:

I don't visit YT much, but sometimes I need to go there to see other folks stash's to know that there are other folks that have the same "hobby". *cough*:look:

And definitely some of the folks in U1 B1. There use to be quite a few folks over there early on, that were strictly about the Business of Hauling.

It's fun and it's exciting and it is totally hard to stop.:nono:

Just my PJ perspective.

NaturalBritt87

IDareT'sHair you are right. I think we try so much because we like the feeling of having a package come in the mail for us, knowing its new hair products. Just when I'm content on what I bought and say "ok no more hair products" then, I see a sale that's hard to resist and it's usually from a company I have been wanting to try. Then, don't let me love what I bought, or like the scent, consistency, packaging, then I'm all geared up ready to try more even though I may have only tried a couple things in the package I just got. I am also starting to not like multiple things opened at one time, for freshness sake. It's like the song on Lamb Chops "this is the song that never ends...." :lol:

NaturallyATLPCH

NaturalBritt87

PJ-ism is real. And it's hard to control, manage and break.

It's almost like you 'cross over' to a place where only a certain few truly understand.

Once You're In You're In and it's hard to get out!:lol:

That sounds strange as I type it.:blush:

I don't visit YT much, but sometimes I need to go there to see other folks stash's to know that there are other folks that have the same "hobby". *cough*:look:

And definitely some of the folks in U1 B1. There use to be quite a few folks over there early on, that were strictly about the Business of Hauling.

It's fun and it's exciting and it is totally hard to stop.:nono:

Just my PJ perspective.

OMG, when I first big chopped, YouTube and those product reviews were the devil!

Then I joined Curly Nikki. Double whammy.

I can't imagine what my stash would look like if I'd joined here sooner. :drunk:

But I'm not going to say I've fully recovered, just narrowed down a lot based on bad experiences.

That Venders thread and Pampered Tendrils might get the best of me though. :lachen:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
NaturalBritt87

Yeah, it's definitely a cycle. :spinning:

But I won't say it doesn't have it's advantages.

You can reach out and personally touch Vendors and they respond.:lol:

So, in that sense, buying power definitely talks and can call some shots and dictate a few outcomes.:drunk:

So, I can't say it's totally a 'bad thing'.

There are some definite 'perks' thrown in there too.:yep:

NaturalBritt87

NaturallyATLPCH I love and :sekret: the vendor's forum it keeps me in the know about companies and product experiences, it's how I found out about APB. I love Pampered Tendrils! So much variety, super fast shipping, excellent packaging. I just need them to sell CJ online to be shipped then I'm really gonna be in trouble. :)

NaturalBritt87

IDareT'sHair you have to start somewhere, right? I have started on a body lotion kick, particularly all or mostly natural body products. TJ Maxx and Marshall's can be the devil, especially when you turn the bottle over and see the price tag of $5.99! How could you not get it, I mean it was $5.99 and regularly retailed for $22 or something :grin:
I haven't branched into purses like that, but have couple I rotate. Shoes has always been hard (got it honest from my mom). Lately I have been trying to replenish my summer wardrobe with nice summer dresses. So I totally get it. I try to do those things in moderation, but yes hair is a world of its own.

Last edited:

lamaria211

This thread has went from fridge talk to my favorite Stash talk! Sometimes I hide or give away a bunch of stuff because I have so much it gets overwhelming. Then I feel like my stash is empty and I buy a bunch of new stuff. Its a vicious cycle. I promised myself I'd use up at least 10 products then only buy 5 but I think I've bought about 20+ in the last few weeks and I ain't use up sh*t.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
This thread has went from fridge talk to my favorite Stash talk! Sometimes I hide or give away a bunch of stuff because I have so much it gets overwhelming. Then I feel like my stash is empty and I buy a bunch of new stuff. Its a vicious cycle. I promised myself I'd use up at least 10 products then only buy 5 but I think I've bought about 20+ in the last few weeks and I ain't use up sh*t.

lamaria211

:huh:........:lol:

NaturalBritt87

IDareT'sHair glad I could help :rofl: :lachen: I could talk all day about hair products and hair too. You and NaturallyATLPCH have given me such great advice! When I was just a lurker on this forum, I always thought you ladies gave such great advice and am glad to fellowship with my fellow hair enthusiasts! It's nice to talk to someone who understands my enthusiasm and doesn't judge me for my product stash :lol:

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
Hello ladies!

I have looked through a lot of threads regarding refrigerating natural hair products. I want to refrigerate some of my products as I noticed oil on the top of my CR algae renew DC. The weather is already really warm where I live and my house temps are in the low-mid 70s when someone is home but can get quite a bit warmer when no one is home. My products are currently stored away from moisture in my closet in dark colored sterilite 3 drawer bins. However, I am worried about condensation building up in the bottles/jars of my product and then thus producing water which could possibly cause consistency changes and maybe even mold. Any problems with condensation build up in your opened/unopened hair products?
Here some brands I currently have in my stash:
Curl junkie, Crece pelo, Shea radiance, BASK, Annabelle's perfect blend, Entwine Couture, AO, Curls, Oyin, Camille rose, Jane carter, Darcy's botanicals, Qhemet biologics, Komaza care, Nene's secret, Giovanni, Nubian heritage

Would you refrigerate any of these brands?
Thanks

I refrigerate the highlighted brands that you have. After some of the scariness I saw in the forums late last year/early this year, I refrigerate everything I buy online now except oils or butters (unless the butter has stuff in it like aloe vera). None of my OTG purchases (mostly shampoos and heat protectants) get refrigerated though.

Now about the stash - my stash has currently taken over the bottom shelf of my refrigerator (even with me giving products away, which I do about once a month). I'm now searching for a mini fridge so I can reclaim my food space.

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
I keep most of my natural hair products in my mini fridge. The only one I don't refrigerate is APB since I keep it stored in my closet. I definitely need to use up products cause my bathroom and fridge is over flowing for real lol. As mentioned already in this thread, I love trying new things and receiving packages in the mail....so much so that when the mail man hasn't seen me in a few days he'll ask me what happened lol. I know I need to slow down but the pj struggle is real.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF