Attention activator users (s-curl etc)

PretteePlease

#fakeworkouts
A while back someone posted and said that the activator that she used as a daily moisturizer made her hair mushy or brittle or just stopped being effective for her. Well that stayed in my mind. I was using a non activator glycerine based spray well i ran out and saw a Giant bottle of World of Curls for only 3.99 Anyways i was comparing this to other activators and most of them have protein. Do you think that the protien in the activators over time was the problem? I have been avoiding moisturizers with hydrolized protein, collagen, soy protien, collagen, and amino acids (the building blocks of protien). Let me know what you /images/graemlins/think.gif

lisatamika

I don't like the way activator makes my hair feel either . . . it wet feeling but still kinda hard. I'm getting way better results using mango butter and recovery.

Carlie

SCurl has protein? I've been using SCurl for over 6 mths and I haven't had a problem...I think I discovered gold! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I don't see many activators with protein. Maybe because I normally use gels... WOC in the tub and Hawaiian Silky in the spray bottle don't have protein. Neither does S-Curl (spray) or Long Aid regular formula (tub).

PretteePlease

#fakeworkouts
carefree gold, carefree, one of the long aid gels, right on and some others have protien

scurl is no protien

i was just using that as an activator sample

do you guys think protien in products can cause probs over time seems like everything has protien

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
Oh, I see. I do try to avoid daily products with protein high on the ingredient list. Just in case... I think wheat protein is ok, though. It's supposed to be a "softening" protein.

Carlie

Oh, ok....I /images/graemlins/love.gif my SCurl...oh, I said that already. /images/graemlins/look.gif

Anyway, there are some moisturizers w/o protein out there...but yes, too much protein can be damaging to the hair. A large culprit many fall into is following up protein treatments w. moisturizers full of more protein....continuously hardening the hair instead of bringing it back to balance. It's important to keep the hair balanced when it comes to protein and moisture. Your hair will let you know when you're OD'ing it w. protein and will scream for moisture....the signs will be there. HTH

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I like S-Curl No Drip Activator&Moisturizer. I used it when I was on the bun challenge. It kept my hair moisturized. I also used it when I wanted a wet scrunched look. You can't use a whole lot of it and you have to make sure it's evenly distributed throughout your hair. Right now I dont use it because I'm doing a rollersetting-every-2-weeks challenge.

buffalosoldier

I didnt like s-curl it did NOTHING for my hair but i do like the world of curls spray and i've had no problems /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Allandra

I think it'll work well for my hair during the cold weather months. Then it's back to my regular ole moisturizers during the warm weather months.

Divastate

My hair wasn't fond of the world of curls or most regular activators. I have had luck using a braid spray that has glycerin in it- its just the right amount of moisture without leaving my hair greasy or oily feeling.

Britt

I love S-Curl I have been using it since late summer. I spray it on my edges and on my new growth when it becomes unruly.

ChasingBliss

[ QUOTE ]
I think it'll work well for my hair during the cold weather months. Then it's back to my regular ole moisturizers during the warm weather months.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you mean, I love S Curl in the winter. It's like constant moisture all day while up in the bun no matter how cold it is out there.

babyblue

I love s-curl and have had no problems with it. it keeps my ends nice and moist. Carefree curl gold on the other hand made my hair kind of hard.