Heavy Protein Conditioners

Blacktresses

Does anyone have any suggestions on heavy protein conditioners ?

Right now, I am using Nexxus Emergrncee. I love it however, I do not love the price tag. Is anyone feelin' me ? I am lookin for a subsitute. I am in need of a heavy duty protein conditioner that contains collagen amino acids, hydrolized elastin, hydrolized collagen and keratin. I'm finding it increasingly difficult to find a product with these ingredents.

Does anyone know of a simular product?
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

I use Ion but catch on sale at Sally's. You might also want to try adding a egg to a regular conditioner to save even more. Hope that helps Q

Last edited:
Blacktress, have you tried Affirm 5 in 1. It's considered a moderate protein (it's heavy for my hair) and I think it has most of the ingredients that you're looking for. I paid $17 for mine.

I feel you on the price tag for emergencee; however I have not yet found a comparable substitute for this awesome product -- it simple WORKS on my 4b relaxed hair. I tried other stuff, like aphogee, affirm 5 in 1, sebastian's penetrait, etc. and I still can't beat the results I get from emergencee . . .

blacktresses, I have found that Elasta QP breakage control serum is really good especially for the price. I think it was only somewhere arounf $4 and it works nicely. it has the same consistency as the emergencee and ppl here have compared it to the elucence repair treatment. I say give it a whirl and see if its comparable. Of course Nexxus is better but for the price tag, this is a good substitute, and it can be used fairly often.

Lisa, if u dont want to pay shipping, they sell it at almost any salon that sells nexxus, also Im sure u have trade secret or Ulta in LA or somewhere else that sales nexxus. I even saw emergencee at the walmart salon!

Back