Attention Adrienne and all other activator users

garr6982

Is the brand of activator you use sticky? I'm thinking that if so, it is because of the amount of glycerine in them.

I have used Care Free Curl dry look, Soft Sheen (purple/gold bottle) dry look, Long 'Aid, and my fav hawaiian silky dry and they all have a degree of stickiness although they all work wonderfully to keep my hair moisturized.

I think that I am going to add my own little concoction of shea/olive/jojoba in addition to Adrienne's idea of gel to the activator and see if that helps.

Any other suggestions?

soslychic

S-Curl dosn't seem sticky (at least not to me). Just wonderfully moisturizing!

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I have tried Long Aid, Wave Nouveau, Fantasia and Care Free Gold. They all felt sticky on my hair. And they made my scalp itch, too.
Right On Curl Extra Light wasn't sticky, but it was very oily. I bought it even though it had mineral oil in it.

Worlds of Curls, Proclaim and S-Curl Spray don't feel sticky on my hair at all. I mix S-Curl Spray with the Proclaim to make it 'wetter'.

Teva

I am tried most of them and so far the S-curl is not sticky at all. It's very moisturising and I love it.

garr6982

Thanks All
!

I had a huge jar of activator, huge jar of gel (from my all natural days) and some herb infused olive oil that I mixed together last night so that I could use up what I had before I start on another product. (Big time PJ
)!

So far so good but I have to see how it works when I hit the streets today.

After I use up this concoction, I'm off to try S-Curl and World of Curls. I can't just buy one product you know; so un-product junkie like
!

Thanks again!

adrienne0914

yeah, they all seem to go on kind of sticky, but once dry they're not. i guess it hasn't bothered me since i'm wearing my hair up. and i kind of consider it a small trade off for all the moisture that i get.