Are You Having a Good Hair Moment ?

kblc06

I am right now :grin:. The more I rollerset, the better I get (down to ~40-45 min.). Afterwards I did, a saran wrap, poking small holes so that the air could ventilate and tied a scarf over it. My hair feels so moisturized and my ends are holding up very well.

Steps
-Washed with Jason's biotin shampoo
-Deep conditioned with jasons biotin & aloe vera conditioners, Ion reconstructor, honey, hair mayo & coconut/olive oil
-Rinsed after a few hours (fell asleep :look:)
-Applied leave-ins: Chi Keratin Mist, Emergency 911-extra dry, a little cantu & hair mayo, and chi silk infusion
-My hair was mostly air dried, but I sat under the dryer for about 25-30 minutes to help speed up the process.
-Combed out the curls, wrapped, and sat under dryer for about 5-7 mins (I'm seriously getting sick of the dryer :wallbash:)

I'm really happy with it right now. It seems as though the healthier my hair gets, the easier it is to style and maintain. Since I've gotten back to my naturals shampoos & cons and regular protein treatments, my hair is thriving again (it's so spoiled :rolleyes:). I plan to post pics later today.

is that your rollerset in your siggy? if so it is GORGEOUS :yep: the only time i rollserset is when i get ready to flat iron.i know, im lazy :rolleyes:

awww ladies, chin-up! yall will work out whatever's giving you the not so good hair moments!

KBLC, you're killing those rollersets! Each one looks better than the last :yep::lick:

i'm having a good one. this box braid braid-out survived the night looking exactly the way i took it out yesterday (can't believe it), i almost hate to wash it out:lachen: .

We've got a huge weekend coming up next week - company over for superbowl festivities and we're going to the Steve Harvey show the night before that and i was planning ahead how i was gonna wear this hair. looks like a box braid braid-out just might be soup de jour for that weekend!

Yes and No.

Yes - I self relaxed with Mizani Butter Blend last night and my hair turned out like butta.

No - Now, that I have a nice touch-up, I don't know how to style my extremely short hair. I can't even pull it back into a bun. I guess I'll have to go back to wearing my half wig. It's a shame because my hair turned out so nice from the touch-up and now I have to hide it. :ohwell:

I'm liking my bun this week. I did a more elaborate design in the back by twisting several sections and pinning them in all sorts of directions.

After not knowing what to do with my thick castor oil, I decided to use it to lay down the hairs in the front. So that's what I've been doing and tying it down with a scarf. In about 30mns or less my hair lays down quite nicely and looks and feels soft. I'm going to wear a bun again next week and then I need to twist these babies up! Today folks at work have complimented me on my face, asking if I have make up on etc but I think it's really the hair laying down nicely....

Yep... I'm rocking the heck out of the silkiest, bounciest, shiniest flexi-rod set ever!
Yesterday I was told that I have perfect hair
:yep:

Sweetcashew your hair is absolutely gojess! lol....really nice, When myhair grows up i want it to be just like yours!:lachen:

I'm having happy hair days now,I've learned from all the ladies here how to better care for my hair and to find what's right for me.:weird:

I'm so glad to see others having awesome hair-days. These are the times that I can see the progress my hair has made in terms of health :yep:. I know if only it would reach my tailbone already :rolleyes:

It might be getting better.:perplexed Right now, my hair is being a bit mediocre. I need better and bigger rollers, sans metal clips.

It might be getting better.:perplexed Right now, my hair is being a bit mediocre. I need better and bigger rollers, sans metal clips.

Are you natural or relaxed? I thought I re-called somewhere that you said you were natural as well, but I'm not certain

Yes I am! My hair is slicked back into a pretty, thick bushy ponytail with a barrette at the ends. It's swinging and bopping all over the place. I love my hair when it's pressed but the steam from my shower gives it that kinky/wavy texture. I get sooooo many compliments. I'm loving my hair right now!:yep:

Yes I am! My hair is slicked back into a pretty, thick bushy ponytail with a barrette at the ends. It's swinging and bopping all over the place. I love my hair when it's pressed but the steam from my shower gives it that kinky/wavy texture. I get sooooo many compliments. I'm loving my hair right now!:yep:
*LOL @ ur siggy* I wish I could go workout right now, I have some steam to blow off.

Heck no I'm not having a good hair moment. I'm having a bad hair one. I'm sitting here in a dumb bun, a half straight and half bushy/peasy bun. My hair sux real hard right about now.:ohwell::perplexed:wallbash:

I am right now :grin:. The more I rollerset, the better I get (down to ~40-45 min.). Afterwards I did, a saran wrap, poking small holes so that the air could ventilate and tied a scarf over it. My hair feels so moisturized and my ends are holding up very well.

Steps
-Washed with Jason's biotin shampoo
-Deep conditioned with jasons biotin & aloe vera conditioners, Ion reconstructor, honey, hair mayo & coconut/olive oil
-Rinsed after a few hours (fell asleep :look:)
-Applied leave-ins: Chi Keratin Mist, Emergency 911-extra dry, a little cantu & hair mayo, and chi silk infusion
-My hair was mostly air dried, but I sat under the dryer for about 25-30 minutes to help speed up the process.
-Combed out the curls, wrapped, and sat under dryer for about 5-7 mins (I'm seriously getting sick of the dryer :wallbash:)

I'm really happy with it right now. It seems as though the healthier my hair gets, the easier it is to style and maintain. Since I've gotten back to my naturals shampoos & cons and regular protein treatments, my hair is thriving again (it's so spoiled :rolleyes:). I plan to post pics later today.
Your hair looks very nice..especially the roller set.
And yes...I'm having one of my better hair days with my hair in twists. :yep:

Nope:nono:
Back in my raggedy braids...
They look good for the first couple of days,but i co-wash and deep condition so much that they get so frizzy. I'm so tired of wearing a scarf outside. I like to do it when i WANT to,not because i NEED to:wallbash:

:grin:I'm having good hair moments cause I have my hair in twists. This makes moisturizing and styling a breeze. I'm gonna rock twists till at least April.
I plan to take out my twists once a month- clarify, deep condition and twist her right back up.

Originally posted by MtAiryHoney
*LOL @ ur siggy* I wish I could go workout right now, I have some steam to blow off.

Heck no I'm not having a good hair moment. I'm having a bad hair one. I'm sitting here in a dumb bun, a half straight and half bushy/peasy bun. My hair sux real hard right about now.:ohwell::perplexed:wallbash:

Awww...that's okay. Get rid of your hair frustration when you workout today. That will be a great way to burn up some extra calories!:yep:

Yes, I am. The fact that my hair is protected in a sew-in and I don't have to deal with it everyday, I would say I'm having a good hair moment!

Back