Natural Rollerset Pics: My Sets Have Actually Made Some Progress

kblc06

Now I wished I had taken a pic of the actual roller and bobby pin placement. I also did a few things differently:

(1) Since it was early Sat. morning when I did this, I only sat under the dryer for about 30 minutes. I double bobby pinned the rollers and slept with one of those hair nets that it looks like you fish with, not the lunch lady hairnets. So it was left to mostly airdry while I slept, but I spent another 25 minutes under the dryer when I woke up just in case. I also sat under the dryer 15 minutes for my silk/saran wrap, rather than the usual 10 min.

(2) I used Africa's best Organics hair mayo as my primary leave-in instead of Cantu (I've sometimes mixed them). I also used Chi silk infusion & Beyond Straight to smooth

(3) I rinsed with cool water in the shower after washing out my DC- I've noticed that my cuticles lay much smoother when I do this.

Here are the actual pics (I'll be updating my fotki later on)

Natural State: Both Wet and Dry

Rollerset Hair:

Silk Wrapped & Pin-Curled (I flat-ironed the front edges of my hair on low heat):

Damn, you did a good job! I love a nice rollerset.

Some relaxed heads cant even get a set to look that nice! Kudos.

Now THAT'S a rollerset! It's so nice and shiny and silky looking.

You have inspired me to keep practicing on my rollerset!

BB

Damn, you did a good job! I love a nice rollerset.

Some relaxed heads cant even get a set to look that nice! Kudos.

I know I love a rollerset too when it turns out nicely. I'm doing my own personal bootcamp, but I wanted straight hair soooooo badly, if only temporarily :spinning:

Gorgeous! What did you put on your hair to make it look so shiny? Looks nice and moisturized.

Well part of that shine can be attributed to flash :look:. But I think the EVCO & a >teensy< amount of blue magic coconut grease helped a lot. It was still very light and silky

Gogeous! What kind of rollers did you use?

I used the 1 3/4" diameter purple magnetic rollers with the clamps (I attached bobby pins as well for extra tension (my tutorial & method is in here--> http://public.fotki.com/kblc06/new-hair-year-2-jan/wet-rollerset-tutor/ )

Had to look at this again..makes me almost (not quite) want to go natural!!! (Did you all peep the roots on that rollerset- smooth as butter???)

Had to look at this again..makes me almost (not quite) want to go natural!!! (Did you all peep the roots on that rollerset- smooth as butter???)

You know you want to transition....why are you questioning yourself...your hair will be so thick and full :look: (can you tell I'm trying to brainwash you yet :lachen:). Your hair is already gorgeous and thick though

But seriously, just try stretching your relaxers, if you don't like what you see, then you can always relax it plus it's beneficial for your scalp :yep:.

*oh and about those roots, I think it was the double bobby pinning (providing extra tension)-they have never come out like that smooth. It always takes an additional day of being in a ponytail for them to look like that*

I have tried a roller set with my natural hair but it has always come out very badly. I will definitely use your method the next time I try. Thanks for sharing. Your hair is gorgeous.

You know you want to transition....why are you questioning yourself...your hair will be so thick and full :look: (can you tell I'm trying to brainwash you yet :lachen:). Your hair is already gorgeous and thick though

But seriously, just try stretching your relaxers, if you don't like what you see, then you can always relax it plus it's beneficial for your scalp :yep:.

*oh and about those roots, I think it was the double bobby pinning (providing extra tension)-they have never come out like that smooth. It always takes an additional day of being in a ponytail for them to look like that*

Thanks "K" ...girl my hair is far from thick, I just rollerset ALL the time but it's so hard for me to stretch longer than 10-12 weeks as it stresses out my fine hair....Man, the things we go through for our hair!

Back