My Hair Stayed Moisturized All Week!

PrettyBrownEyes

Last Saturday night I washed my hair, and prior to shampooing it I applied Elucence Protective Barrier Balm and sat under the dryer for 10-20minutes. They have directions on pleasantimage.com on how to use it as a hot oil treatment. After that, I shampooed my with ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo, Deep Conditioned with heat with ORS Hair Mayo and then applied one'n only Ceramic Silk ironing creme before air drying some. I then blow dried with a ceramic blow dryer and flat ironed with my Jilbere flat iron (works much better than my expensive CHI).

Anyway, its been 1 week and my hair hasn't needed anything applied to it all week! It has been soft, manageable and shiny. For reference I have thick, coarse hair, type 4b and I guess I am transitioning.

Sounds a bit like my routine, except I haven't found a pre-poo method to my madness yet...Tell me more about this Eulence:spinning:

Wow I must have missed that. I love to use it to protect from overprocessing and I love it! Thanks for sharing!

Congrats!

I recently started having the pleasure of enjoying long-term moisture. It feels so good. I have not been able to totally go a week without doing something. Maybe by day 4 or 5, I need some oil and a quick Caruso set to get me through the rest of the week, but that is still better than loading on creams and greasy oil moisturizers getting my hair all weighed down and dirty.

Again, congrats. This proves me to even more that when done right you really don't need to moisturize daily.

help my hair sucks up everything i put in it. what can i use to keep it moisturized . i think im a 4. i have shoulder lenght, thick , naturally red hair.

help my hair sucks up everything i put in it. what can i use to keep it moisturized . i think im a 4. i have shoulder lenght, thick , naturally red hair.

Well, for me I've noticed that things work better if they are added to my hair during the shampoo process, before my hair is dried/set.

Thats fantastic!! I'm glad that worked for you. My hair would be crunchy after 2 days!

I never knew Elucence Protective Barrier Balm could be used as a hot oil treatment. I have a big bottle sitting in my closet, so I'm gonna try it next week. :scratchch

Anybody else use this product (Elucence Protective Barrier Balm)? I would love to be able to go for days without moisturizing. I have 4b hair, too!

Update: I didn't pre-poo this morning but, my hair was so soft and manageable during the whole process - I shampooed with ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo, Deep Conditioned with ORS Hair Mayo, rinsed and THEN applied heated African Royale Ultimate Herbal Oil and covered with plastic cap. Rinsed after 10 minutes, towel blotted and applied the One'n Only Ceramic Silk Thermal Protection Flat Ironing Creme. My hair is air drying in 4 ponytails and they are shiny, soft, wavy/curly, and combing is a dream:yep:!

Back