Are they too tight????

Verseau_bleu

Hey guys I've just gotten cornrows today. And I think they may be too tight...but I've called the lady that did them today and asked her about it she said they are suppose to be like that for two days and then they loosen up. She also says just make sure I use some braid spray as well. This is my first time with this so I'm asking your guys for you opinion and what to do. My mom says that give it a day to see how everything feels and if hasnt improved go back and have them redo the braids that are too tight.

[img=http://aycu14.webshots.com/image/31053/2002004557022710117_th.jpg]

What do you think I should do? Are they too tight? Should I be worried? Or do you think I'll be okay till they loosen it up? :nono:

Thank you for you help.
Nikki

chicacanella

It looks as if it is pulling your skin and that isn't a good sign. The only thing I can think of that will loosen them up quickly is a growth aid.

If it were myself, I would have to take them out.

LunadeMiel

It definitely looks too tight. Your third braid is pulling so tight that it has created a bulge. Do you have a headache? (my head usually hurts when my braids are too tight). Also, try turning you head back and forth. If that hurts, it's too tight. HTH.

Miss*Tress

Hello, "Blue Aquarius". :hiya:

Those braids do look like they are pulling on your skin. Does it feel painful?

Verseau_bleu

No i'm not getting any pain. No headaches. I feel fine. And I did that back and forth thing and side to side nothing.... :perplexed Maybe i'll just leave them in for the night and see how they lookin the morning and i'll just undo those side braids.

chicacanella

No i'm not getting any pain. No headaches. I feel fine. And I did that back and forth thing and side to side nothing.... :perplexed Maybe i'll just leave them in for the night and see how they lookin the morning and i'll just undo those side braids.

Yes, if you don't undo any other ones, make sure you undo the ones on the your temples because this is where alopecia can occur making it very hard to regrow hair there once it is gone.

cocoberry10

They definitely look too tight. Tell her to fix them! This will cause damage/destruction to your hair follicles if you keep getting them tight like this!

CurliDiva

My african braider prides herself in gathering every piece of babyhair too! The hairline looks painful, but if the braids feel fine I would just oil well and enjoy!

Your hair is growing everyday, so within a week they will feel and look looser.

Reinventing21

Spreading my wings
Those are TOO tight :dazed:(even tho to them that's not tight at all :nono:)

I have very low growing long baby hairs and the period in my life I briefly wore braids I told them to NOT grab those hairs EVER.

Also the first time I ever got it braided I was too shy, after saying various times during the process that it was too tight, to say again that it was too tight. So, I left the salon, but I couldn't take it and the next day I returned. She was very nice and apologized and redid them. That's when we learned I could not tolerate the baby hairs in the braid. After that it wasn't so bad :yawn:

kandegirl

It's too tight. If you leave them in and started noticing little hairs stuck in the braids w/ white tips that your hair coming out from the follicle. I know b/c I've had too tight cornrows. If she's willing to redo, I say get them redone sooner than later. Your edges will thank you for it!

Junonia

I agree with everyone else, they look tight. Some of my braids were tight too, I had to loosen some of the them up.

LynnieB

Those are TOO tight :dazed:(even tho to them that's not tight at all :nono:)

I have very low growing long baby hairs and the period in my life I briefly wore braids I told them to NOT grab those hairs EVER.

Also the first time I ever got it braided I was too shy, after saying various times during the process that it was too tight, to say again that it was too tight. So, I left the salon, but I couldn't take it and the next day I returned. She was very nice and apologized and redid them. That's when we learned I could not tolerate the baby hairs in the braid. After that it wasn't so bad :yawn:

Blue's momma chiming in.

i think this is what probably happened to her reyna (she'll have to confirm this though but i know my daughter :yep:)

she told me she'll definitely get them out whether the same place, at my house or another braider, she's not sure but she promised they're out of there before the night's over.
----------------

thanks ladies for helping out here!

Nazarite27

Hey guys I've just gotten cornrows today. And I think they may be too tight...but I've called the lady that did them today and asked her about it she said they are suppose to be like that for two days and then they loosen up. She also says just make sure I use some braid spray as well. This is my first time with this so I'm asking your guys for you opinion and what to do. My mom says that give it a day to see how everything feels and if hasnt improved go back and have them redo the braids that are too tight.

What do you think I should do? Are they too tight? Should I be worried? Or do you think I'll be okay till they loosen it up? :nono:

Thank you for you help.
Nikki

Yes indeed those braids around your edges are FAR too tight!!

I agree with Reyna21! I simply refuse to have my edges braided and I had to learn that the hard way!! Whomever braided your hair knows good and well that those braids were too tight!!

Please take them out A.S.A.P. or you will regret it.

ShaniKeys

:eek: Get them redone LOOSER pronto!!!!

My sentiment exactly. I've been there myself, when it's that tight that you can't even laugh properly or move your neck because the cornrows are to tight at the nape: have them redone. The edges are suffering too much:nono:

chicacanella

But the thing is, I know how to cornrow, twist, and all that and braiders know that they can do them looser. We know this so why do some braiders insist on doing them to tight?:look:

MissJ

They look like they're too tight. If little bumps start forming around the braid, and little white bulbs start sticking out of the braid, that's your hair coming out from the root! It doesn't grow back easily either. Please get them redone.

Chameleonchick

Girl, they are too tight. I would take them down immediately. I had gotten some cornrows(no extensions) done about a month ago(before bc), and I told her is was too tight, she said because I had so much new growth to make it last it had to be tight. Man when i went homemy head was beating like my heart, and I kept having crazy dreams that the braids came off my head. I took them down two days later and i lost hair in the back. Just think if I would have kept them in longer.

Reinventing21

Spreading my wings
Blue's momma chiming in.

i think this is what probably happened to her reyna (she'll have to confirm this though but i know my daughter :yep:)

she told me she'll definitely get them out whether the same place, at my house or another braider, she's not sure but she promised they're out of there before the night's over.
----------------

Hi Blue's Momma ! I am glad to know she's getting them taken out! We have too much knowledge floating around on this website to just accept stuff like that. Gotta keep everyone's hair growing longer.
NO setbacks :grin:

BTW I have learned how to more effectively say what I want to some of these 'deaf' and /or strong willed stylists without seeming rude or passive.:yep:

apollo

Thank you for you help.
Nikki
Glad to hear that you are taking them out, they would give me an instant headache from being so tight.

Last edited:

DeepBluSea

Blue's momma chiming in.

----------------

(in my loud kuntry voice) Awww, LynnieB ya mama. Ya mama so nice. She so friendly and gives such good advice. :yep: Good luck with your braids!

Verseau_bleu

Thank you guys for your help. XD My mom and I took them out as soon as I got to her house...and i will be going back to the girl that did my hair sometime tommorrow afternoon to get them redone.

You guys are awesome!!!! Thanks once again for the input.

Nikki. <3