Oh lord my braids are too tight

CheerBear

I got my hair cornrowed monday night...I had planned to leave them in for 2 weeks, but the person who braided them made them way too tight! Every said to give them a few days to loosen up, but my head burns, it feels the exact same now, 3 days later and my scalp is "bubbling" if that makes sense! I feel bad for having her braid it and now taking it down and for all those people who like it, but I dont want to be bald either

CheerBear

Oh I most definitely am, as SOON as I get out of class this evening...she even told me to take them down..and apparently my scalp is sunburned which is making the pain worse

hOnii

girl, you'd beter take them down quick! would you rather lose your hair, or potentially hurt her feelings? i'm sure she'd understand anyway. just tell her that they are too tight and you're not tryna have breakage.

AFashionSlave

Before you take them down you may want to try washing them with a moisturizing shampoo. The shampoo should loosen them up a bit.

If they are still too tight after the shampoo then you should remove them immediately.

Allandra

Girl, I know you must be waiting for R E L I E F soon. Please be extra gentle with your scalp while taking out the cornrows and afterwards too.

CheerBear

BUMP Update...I've got them halfway down...i have sores
...I'm not even going to wash my hair for a few days,I'm going to aloe vera and oil it back to health for a few days or until it stops hurting

nfynit_812

Next time, take a cotton scarf and immerge it in hot water. Then, tie it on your head. The steam will loosen up the braids a lil and your scalp will feel better...