How Do You Loosen Your Rollersets/Pincurls If They Are Too Tight?

Isis

After rollersetting, I made pin curls which came out very pretty and bouncy but I made too many small ones, resulting in very tight curls. It's perfect for an updo but I want to wear it down in looser curls. Is there a way to loosen them without having to curl again and without heat? I'm wearing a satin scarf right now which I hope will help loosen them.:)

MochaEyeCandy

I take a hot shower for about 10 minutes, with my shower cap on, that's always loosens the curl. I'm not sure how it'll work for you since you're natural, it might just make it frizzy?

Isis

MochaEyeCandy said:
I take a hot shower for about 10 minutes, with my shower cap on, that's always loosens the curl. I'm not sure how it'll work for you since you're natural, it might just make it frizzy?
I'm relaxed (texlaxed). I'm not sure if your technique will make my hair frizzy or not, I'll have to see. Thank you! :)

myco

Try flipping your head over and gently finger combing all of your hair towards the front. Pin it on top of your head with a few bobby pins and leave it for a while. That should stretch out the curls in the back, sides, and front without completely pulling the curls out.

HTH

Isis

Myco - Thank you. I tried this and at the moment, it looks like a very pretty updo style! :)

Dlewis - I sense that this will work. :yep: As a Rollersetting Queen, you've probably wrapped before to successfully loosen curls! I'll check this out too as soon as I learn how to wrap. Thank you!

*looks up wrapping techniques* :fan:

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
Isis said:
Myco - Thank you. I tried this and at the moment, it looks like a very pretty updo style! :)

Dlewis - I sense that this will work. :yep: As a Rollersetting Queen, you've probably wrapped before to successfully loosen curls! I'll check this out too as soon as I learn how to wrap. Thank you!

*looks up wrapping techniques* :fan:

Right behind you :D

KiniKakes

They took the suggestions right out of my mouth! :) Letting the steam hit it (via running the hot water in the shower, while wearing a showercap or satin bonnet)....... and wrapping it, with your fingers (not a comb) for a few minutes.

Isis

I see you LadyR!

Thank you KiniKakes, 2cute2B4gotten, Dlewis, Sylver2, Undefeated Queen and Locabouthair for your suggestions. I did finger comb an amateur wrap for about 15 minutes which did loosen the curls. I realize now that I made way too many of them and they were going wild in every direction! Every which way but loose! :lol:.

I love your curls, Senimoni!

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Before bed I usually put my hair in a ponytail and do one big bantu knot securing w/ a scunci. In the morning the curls have loosened up nicely, it works everytime.

It's also less manipulation than a wrap which is hard for me to do with curls.

Last edited: