APL by Dec 2010!!!

manter26

I haven't done an actual comparison, so here goes:
June vs Oct 30, 2010

arms raised looks longer

now- after trim.

i plan on keeping it straight for a few more weeks so i won't be putting anything in it. i think i'll stick with march 2011 as my final deadline for apl, it will be my 2 yr since last relaxer mark.

i've been chasing apl since i joined the board back in 2008, so to finally make it in 2011 will feel good.

PrissyMiss

Hi ladies!! I had to drop out of the challenge due to cutting my hair, but I had to share my progress with you guys.

Check out my progress in my siggy.

I am very excited that my regimen has been working. Good luck ladies!

Last edited:

ladysaraii

I dont think I'm going to be full APL, but I think that I have some hairs touching there now, so we'll see how long the others get by then.

I'll have my mom take pics when I go home over Xmas

esi.adokowa

no entries in six days? :nono:

i'm not doing much, trying to moisturize my braids daily.
i'm using aphogee keratin&green tea, infusium leave-in moisturizer, and surge.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
hey hey!!
i really don't think i'll be making APL this year, but ah well. there's always the next year.
my hair's been doing pretty well, i think. i've been keeping it really simple, it's weaved up so i just DC and shampoo once a week, keep my scalp oiled and i'm good.

ms.tatiana

nothing new is going with my hair..... i still have my braids in i won't be taking them down until thanksgiving break and i'm looking forward to being APL then (wink wink). i grease my braids with dr. miracles and sulfur 8 so i feel the tingles and hope its works.

Ijanei

PrissyMiss great progress within that short amount of time. ur almost there manter26 This thread needs revived for encouragement towards the end of the year. I damn sure know I need it. I'm hoping that I gain at lease an inch before the year is done. That right side breakage is irritating and still not thickening up. But this Left side is slightly below apl while the right is still SL:lachen::lol:

manter26

PrissyMiss great progress within that short amount of time. ur almost there manter26 This thread needs revived for encouragement towards the end of the year. I damn sure know I need it. I'm hoping that I gain at lease an inch before the year is done. That right side breakage is irritating and still not thickening up. But this Left side is slightly below apl while the right is still SL:lachen::lol:

Thanks for the encouragement. I think we all need to be reminded we need to have patience...:yep: I haven't had long hair since middle school. It's not going to happen over night. 2011 will be my year.

Janet'

Ladies, don't give up...6 1/2 more weeks and guess what...even if you don't make it, there's always next year!!!

mzsophisticated26

I have been wigging it since my last update. I am going get my hair flat ironed next wk since I have a salon visit. I need a dusting on my ends but I may hold off since APL is sooo close....lol

Melaninme

Lookin' good Asha97. Looks like you will make too. Good luck.

Thank you. I keep wanting to check it every week now:lol: as we fast approach December. I will straighten my hair during the second or third week of December and hopefully, I'll be amazed!

Ijanei

Um sorry to inform you all but I WILL be trimming my hair back to SL. The ends are too see through. I am getting a sew-in this weekend so I'm wondering if I should wait to trim or do it now

bellesocialite

I flat ironed my hair last Thursday. I didn't get the roots really well but it looks like I may closing in on APL! I'll be relaxing next week at 16 weeks post. Hopefully I'll be APL. We shall see.

chasturner84

Um sorry to inform you all but I WILL be trimming my hair back to SL. The ends are too see through. I am getting a sew-in this weekend so I'm wondering if I should wait to trim or do it now

I think that you should trim now so that you will have a better idea of how much growth you got while wearing your sew in.

Ijanei

@chast true true, but now that I flat ironed my hair, it doesnt look bad. No progress in length yet, which sucks. That little piece is still hanging down and the other side is still up:lachen: (siggy pic, I'm still the same length :nono:)

chasturner84

LOL@ Ijanei. No, I don't have more pics of my ponytail!!
I really hope that you soon figure out what's keeping you stuck between SL and APL...it's really strange :perplexed

Ijanei

As u guys can see in my siggy, NOTHING has changed. what gives? and that long piece is really beginning to get on my last freakin nerve. Any suggestions? I'm about to chop it off

mzsophisticated26

I am almost there, some of my strands are dangling at APL but i cant claim it just yet...lol... I just noticed I had some breakage and in need of a trim. I may hold out until december for a trim so i can try to get a smidget pass APL and then trim back to APL. I am 7.5wks post

Last edited:

Aggie

Congrats to all those ladies who have either reached their APL goals or are less than an inch there. I hope to say this also within the next 3-6 months or so.

Ijanei

Well ladies...I will be in this challenge again next year. I cut my hair back to even SL due to the uneven ends. The one side as I stated was apl the other side was a little below SL. It drove me crazy so I cut and actually please with the results. I will post a picture tomorrow. Congrats to those who have made it so far and those to come