APL/BSL 2014 Challenge

Luscious850

Buy them and do those tea rinses as well, anything to bring back the balance to your hair.

Will do!!

Luscious850 have you tried Alter Ego garlic conditioner for shedding? It has great reviews...im going to order it from amazon and use it on my next wash day

Thanks! I'll order some this weekend. I've read up on it through searching the forum, it sounds promising. Hopefully it works for me!

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Ok so I know Christmas is months from now, but I am already making my wishlist. I want Kerastase Chroma Riche masque, a new kinky straight lace wig, and a new storage rack for my hair accessories. I may get myself a few wig stands too. I have quite the wig collection :lol:

So what's on your wishlist ladies?

ronie

Ok so I know Christmas is months from now, but I am already making my wishlist. I want Kerastase Chroma Riche masque, a new kinky straight lace wig, and a new storage rack for my hair accessories. I may get myself a few wig stands too. I have quite the wig collection :lol: So what's on your wishlist ladies?
APL hair that's all.

Fotchygirl

Ok so I know Christmas is months from now, but I am already making my wishlist. I want Kerastase Chroma Riche masque, a new kinky straight lace wig, and a new storage rack for my hair accessories. I may get myself a few wig stands too. I have quite the wig collection :lol:

My wishlist is to find a wig that can fit my natural looking hair even though it's relaxed, for my hair to grow thick and long and to find staple products cos right now I'm just using whatever I can get my hands on.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I just washed my hair on Monday, but my scalp is already itchy...and sweaty. It is awfully hot here in Texas. I may have to wash as needed instead of on a schedule. I just hate all that extra manipulation :(

I am going to try Naptural85's prepoo/cowash method. She uses 4 sections and saturates each section of hair with conditioner then clips it back. In the shower each section is rinsed, detangled and twisted.

krissyc39

Took a picture of my braidout today and compared it to old pictures... my longest layer is the same length as March but I'm seeing an overall change in my hair! Right now I have less splits and dry hair all around and my hair has grown a solid 1-2 inches in the middle (my problem area). I know I'm not amazing at retention yet but I think my hair is slowly but surely getting there :)

Anywho... Peep the pics (cause isn't that what everyone cares about anyway??). March 18-August 23

Attachments

• 3-18to8-23progress.jpg.jpg
    3-18to8-23progress.jpg.jpg
    427.1 KB · Views: 108

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Took a picture of my braidout today and compared it to old pictures... my longest layer is the same length as March but I'm seeing an overall change in my hair! Right now I have less splits and dry hair all around and my hair has grown a solid 1-2 inches in the middle (my problem area). I know I'm not amazing at retention yet but I think my hair is slowly but surely getting there :)

Anywho... Peep the pics (cause isn't that what everyone cares about anyway??). March 18-August 23

That's gr8 news! And love the braidout.

charmtreese

Took a picture of my braidout today and compared it to old pictures... my longest layer is the same length as March but I'm seeing an overall change in my hair! Right now I have less splits and dry hair all around and my hair has grown a solid 1-2 inches in the middle (my problem area). I know I'm not amazing at retention yet but I think my hair is slowly but surely getting there :) Anywho... Peep the pics (cause isn't that what everyone cares about anyway??). March 18-August 23

Pretty hair!

Fotchygirl

Your hair is a thing of beauty.

Fotchygirl

Another item on my wishlist Prettymetty is to feel my hair on my back when I wash it in the shower. I'm tired of feeling it on my neck and cheeks.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
So I almost went to work wigless yesterday. I was already on the way to my car. Then a neighbor spoke and I thought "oh crap" and ran back inside. That would've been an interesting day. I was wearing my bonnet with the celies underneath :lachen:

I gotta be more careful :blush:

charmtreese

So I almost went to work wigless yesterday. I was already on the way to my car. Then a neighbor spoke and I thought "oh crap" and ran back inside. That would've been an interesting day. I was wearing my bonnet with the celies underneath :lachen: I gotta be more careful :blush:

Lol...back when I was relaxed I went to work with my Baggie on my bun (actually it was green plastic wrap). No one said a word. I was in my office and went to touch my hair and heard the crunch of the plastic!

Luscious850

Update!

I finally got my ends clipped so I did a length check to show my new length. My hair has grown a bit since July. We ended u cutting over 2". Overall I'm happy with it because my ends were looking crazy. I have .5" of see through ends left but my stylist said it wasn't damaged or split so we will do mini trims to get rid of them over time.

image-4242722348.jpg

Right now I'm in a protective style: crochet braids. This is my first DIY with extensions. I'll still be washing weekly & moisturizing daily. I'll be leaving it in for 4 weeks

image-800845498.jpg

Fotchygirl

So I almost went to work wigless yesterday. I was already on the way to my car. Then a neighbor spoke and I thought "oh crap" and ran back inside. That would've been an interesting day. I was wearing my bonnet with the celies underneath :lachen:

I gotta be more careful :blush:
Lol, lol I go to work in those celies and they do laugh at me but I don't care since I still haven't found a fitting wig. What is your wig regimen, meaning how do you take care of your real hair? I'm currently spritzing my hair with water and a few oils every night and putting carrot oil and olive oil at the ends.

Fotchygirl

Update!

I finally got my ends clipped so I did a length check to show my new length. My hair has grown a bit since July. We ended u cutting over 2". Overall I'm happy with it because my ends were looking crazy. I have .5" of see through ends left but my stylist said it wasn't damaged or split so we will do mini trims to get rid of them over time.

View attachment 274207

Right now I'm in a protective style: crochet braids. This is my first DIY with extensions. I'll still be washing weekly & moisturizing daily. I'll be leaving it in for 4 weeks

View attachment 274209
Your hair definitely looks fuller, your braids look professional. Very nice.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Lol, lol I go to work in those celies and they do laugh at me but I don't care since I still haven't found a fitting wig. What is your wig regimen, meaning how do you take care of your real hair? I'm currently spritzing my hair with water and a few oils every night and putting carrot oil and olive oil at the ends.
I undo my braids every 2 weeks or so and wash y hair in sections with Keracare detangling shampoo, condition with Keracare humecto and then I rebraid it. I use Hello Hydration as a leave in when I do my braids. I spritz my hair with either my aloe mix (aloe juice, glycerin, argan oil) or Aphogee Keratin spray. That's pretty much it. If my ends feel dry or rough I add more Hello Hydration as needed.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Update!

Your hair still looks good. And the crochets are so nice! Gr8 job!

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I finally found my amazon gift card...I got a bottle ofAlter ego conditioner and Purvana hair-skin-nail vitamins. I can't wait to try both things. I will review the Alter ego as soon as I use it. The vitamin review will take some time, but if I love it I will let you ladies know. It was $25 for a 90 day supply and Purvana has msm, biotin, silica and all the usual goodies :grin:

Last edited:

TaylorT

I've been terrible with updating!! My goal was to reach APL by my birthday in May. I'm not there. I've been trimming quite a bit. Hopefully I can make it by the end of the year.

I'm 1.75 inches away. (Yes, I did an exact measurement. It's real out here.)

Last edited:

veesweets

Not sure if I got the right hair for my crochet braids. I can't remember the name, I think it's freetress brazilian braid? The BSS I went to didn't have a really large selection. Oh well. I'm excited! I'll pick up the hook tomorrow

ronie

Not sure if I got the right hair for my crochet braids. I can't remember the name, I think it's freetress brazilian braid? The BSS I went to didn't have a really large selection. Oh well. I'm excited! I'll pick up the hook tomorrow
Don't forget the pictures please.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I did a full head baggy yesterday for a few hours with Aphogee Keratin, aloe vera juice and Aussie Moist. My hair felt so much better afterwards.

veesweets

The "less than 2 weeks to go before I can do my celebratory 2 years post dance" bun lol

Attachments

• image-2475193768.jpg
    image-2475193768.jpg
    390.6 KB · Views: 46

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I can't wait for my hair to grow longer...my twistouts and things of the sort would look so much better. Bc my hair isn't dense it just looks so sparse and pathetic. Here's my flat twistout today. My sone wanted to photo bomb me lol. I need thickness in my life but will settle for length since I know I will always be low density.

ForumRunner_20140829_152408.jpg

ForumRunner_20140829_152419.jpg

ForumRunner_20140829_152426.jpg

ForumRunner_20140829_152433.jpg

ForumRunner_20140829_152442.jpg