APL 2012 Challenge

miss stress

aww! she is cute! i am working on my baby's hair too. i straightened it and had to cut a lot off.

Thanks! That sucks having to do a major cut doesnt it? I know I couldnt wait to have it straight to see the true length only to have my dreams crushed. Thats okay though, we WILL get our DD's back on track!

Seems we have alot in common too cause I saw upthread whn u mentioned your daughter has Autism. My son whos 4 has it as well. If u were in Oklahoma I swear I think we would be bffs lol

Niknak20

miss stress said:
hey yall! So DD whos 5 wants to join the challenge too. She was at bsl and I took her to the salon for the first time ever to have her hair straightend and trimmed. Well when our stylist flat ironed it the ends were in worse shape than I though and we ended up cutting like 4 in so shes at like cbl streched now. Hopefully I can get her back to a healthy APL by years end.

Here is some pics of the first braidout we've ever done! She loves it and wants to wear it out more but umm no.

Anyway, whn I do let her rock a braidout how can I get more definition?

She is precious! Looking like a little lady lol. She has beautiful hair btw.

faithVA

[USER=163776 said:
Onhergrind09[/USER];15345197]I haven't checked in, in forever and a day so I figured it was time. I recently relaxed after a 12 week stretch and I'm well on my way to full APL by my b-day in April.

What part of your hair isn't APL?

faithVA

[USER=18933 said:
BronxJazzy[/USER];15346091]I'm so happy. I just found out I can put my hair in a high bun. It looks so cute.

We want to see. We want to see. You know you can get spanked in this thread for not showing pics. :yep:

Evolving78

^^^^Hair and Kids? you are alright with me! Team SuperMoms Unite!

Oh my word ladies, last night i was having a bad experience with my hair. still dealing with protein overload. my hair in the crown and middle back area was stiff like straw when i rinsed out the dc. so i put two tablespoons of salt in some conditioner and mixed it in a bowl. WOW did it make a difference! my hair was so soft i didn't dc after rinsing out, because i was scared putting conditioner back in my hair was going to make it hard again. so i just put in my leave-ins and rolled my hair. i am airdrying right now. my i rolled my hair around 3am and it is still damp in some spots.

Khaiya

Woweee, been a while since i posted but i'm chugging a long, haven't done a length check recently but i dont think i'm at APL yet, (i'm past it if i pull my hair to the front but the back is another story.) So not much to report, trying to up my moisture game, i know i've been slacking badly in that department.

coolsista-paris

miss stress: Yeah your daughter is so sweet. Nice hair and Wow Already know how to pose in front of à camera .is she taking that from you?lol. My son is always posing (hubby is à photographer at times). Im the one not posing...lol

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
I think I am being too rough when I detangle, causing some unecessary breakage and thus hindering my progress. So my focus here on out will be gentleness when dealing with my hair.

coolsista-paris

bajandoc86 said:
I think I am being too rough when I detangle, causing some unecessary breakage and thus hindering my progress. So my focus here on out will be gentleness when dealing with my hair.

Do you detangle under the shower . I detangle with condit + oil on top for more slip. Never had more success with my hair than with this method... After it leaves my hair moisturized .

Onhergrind09

Seamonster & @faithVA: when I part my hair and four sections, the 2 sections in the back are full APL but the two sections in the front are barely grazing SL. My goal is to get the front to catch up. I will post a pict in a week the next time I wash my hair.

PaigeJessica

Wore my hair in an updo yesterday. I've been kind of rough on my hair this week so today it's under a hat. I haven't henna'd since last summer so tonight I'm mixing up a batch to dye my new growth then twisting it back up tomorrow.

Attachments

• image-2499047081.jpg
    image-2499047081.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 21
  • image-473783161.jpg
    image-473783161.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 19

miss stress

@miss stress: Yeah your daughter is so sweet. Nice hair and Wow Already know how to pose in front of à camera .is she taking that from you?lol. My son is always posing (hubby is à photographer at times). Im the one not posing...lol

Hey! Thanks! Yeah she wants to be a model/actress so shes always posing in pics. Its so funny cause sometimes she takes the camera and gets in the bathroom mirror and snaps pics of herself just like I do whn I'm trying to take a hair pic. Shes a mess

coolsista-paris

miss stress said:
Hey! Thanks! Yeah she wants to be a model/actress so shes always posing in pics. Its so funny cause sometimes she takes the camera and gets in the bathroom mirror and snaps pics of herself just like I do whn I'm trying to take a hair pic. Shes a mess

So cute. Wé bought à childs camera for my son...they sometimes go out with hubby and take pics. He's already in it "mummy look.this way ,dont.move ..theres too much light ..." our kids are so advanced these days .

Aggie

This was my routine for today:

Prepoo'ed with Chicoro's moisture drench avg/evoo/evco prepoo:lick:,
Shampooed with Avalon Organics Biotin thickening shampoo
Black tea and caffeine rinsed
Currently DCing with Keracare Creme Humecto:lick:
Will be using Keracare leave-in after washing out my dc:lick:
Sealing with JBCO

faithVA

I want to wash my hair tonight. But I am going to an event dinner tomorrow and I'm afraid if I take it down, I will be scrambling to do something with it tomorrow to look nice for the dinner :nono:

I think that is why I am looking forward to APL. With a few more inches, I think I will fill more confident that I can do something with my hair in a pinch.

Come on APL. I'm waiting for you.

coolsista-paris

I.co washed with frank provost ceramide conditionner. Shampoo in 2weeks now....for the moment this régi.is working for me.

I also have à party tomorrow at my brother in law's place...then working at 7am.sunday....hope this body.will follow ...wé have babies at home.

pookaloo83

Thinking of dying my hair blue black tomorrow. I have fine hair and this light color makes it look even more fine. I think the black will make it appear thicker. What do you guys think?

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-
Miss_stress she is toooo cute!

Anyway, I just wanted to share that I have been using the Lady Paniolo methods of NOT washing my DC out after I wash and protective styling and I took my hair out today after not moisturizing it for at least 4 days and it felt soooooo soft and great, so I will keep doing that until I see something negative. It's very simple and I'm poor so it works for me. Also I can put my hair into a bun and it doesn't look half bad! I was excited, here's a pic:

I'm afraid of traction alopecia, so I will only keep it up for a week and then give my edges a rest (under a wig! LOL)

Trixie58

Had a trim on sunday. I think she only dusted, I made her show me the hair that dropped in her hand and it looked like "dust" after the first couple clips, but I can still tell my hair styles easier, which I guess is what I want right?...still as always I hate trims, but every time I've gone more than a few mos I've had to do a huge chop and my hair thinned....so when I saw it getting scraggly I raced for a 3 mo duster. Could someone look at my pic and give me some encouragement? This is post trim, about a mo post relaxer, and the one in the sweatshirt is back in November when I was right at my shoulders... I honestly thought I'd a "hair" from APL by now but I still have a couple inches I guess with my little trim :(. Does SL to APL feel like an abyss to anyone else?

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 43
  • Photo Feb 24 (3).jpg
    Photo Feb 24 (3).jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 45

texasqt

itsjusthair88 said:
Well I was talking with a friend of mine and we were talking about split ends and I was saying that I didn't ever see them, and she said, "EVERYBODY has split ends" so I've been obsessing over it ever since...

Everybody has/gets split ends at some point in time so don't obsess over it. Just get to know your hair and know when you need to dust/trim lightly. I know my hair needs clipping when it starts snagging on the comb (snap, crackle, and pop) more than the norm. Other people follow a schedule and trim every 8 weeks. My hair grows slow so trimming every 8 weeks won't allow me to see much progress.

texasqt

texasqt said:
I'd like to join but I can't 'thanks' thru my phone.

~Current hair length = Almost APL

~Relaxed/Natura/Texlaxed/Loc'd = Natural who straightens 95% of the time.

~APL goal month = April maybe

~Current Reggie and styling choices = Shampoo once a month; DC weekly; flat iron weekly; moisturize, seal, and wrap nightly; exercise; eat healthy (increase lean protein and try to eat 6 fruits and veggies per day).

~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL? = I might start bunning otherwise nothing.

~Post a beginning picture

See y'all in...
March 31st
June 30th
September 30th
December 31st

Here's my brief update but no new pic until March.

I messed up a little. For some reason I started shampooing more often and it really made my hair worse off. I don't know what I was thinking because I already knew it wasn't good for my hair. Shampoo thins my already thin hair and it dries it out which leads to more breakage. And it doesn't matter what shampoo I use.

On the upside, it appears my hair is still growing and I don't have to cut right now. I'm getting back on track with my routine and hopefully my hair will thicken for my March photos.

LoveCraze

Naturalista
Anyone currently use/or previously use Henna to cover silver/grey hair?

Right in the front along my hair line I notice my silver/grey hairs are returning. Have not seen these for a while and will take this as a good sign of a healthy scalp!

I found this video on YouTube yet it is a 2-step process :ohwell: that goes from grey to reddish and then to natural color hair. Is there an easier way?

livinthevida I use henna to cover the few grays that I have sprouting in my head. I don't cover them with indigo though since there aren't that many and they blend in with my hair overall. My grays turn a reddish color.

Aside from that, I haven't done much to my hair. I think I abused it a bit this past week by wearing in a curly wash and go-ish state for a few days. I now have it in twists to give it a break. It was madd tangled and I had to remove a couple of knots that developed:nono:. I also really think I need to put my Denman down cause it has no mercy on knots.

faithVA

Had a trim on sunday. I think she only dusted, I made her show me the hair that dropped in her hand and it looked like "dust" after the first couple clips, but I can still tell my hair styles easier, which I guess is what I want right?...still as always I hate trims, but every time I've gone more than a few mos I've had to do a huge chop and my hair thinned....so when I saw it getting scraggly I raced for a 3 mo duster. Could someone look at my pic and give me some encouragement? This is post trim, about a mo post relaxer, and the one in the sweatshirt is back in November when I was right at my shoulders... I honestly thought I'd a "hair" from APL by now but I still have a couple inches I guess with my little trim :(. Does SL to APL feel like an abyss to anyone else?

You've made great progress. I think the trim gave you nice healthy ends which are going to help you continue on to APL. So don't worry. Keep on going.

SL to APL is the abyss. Its like the Vegas mirage. No matter how long you walk the building never seems to get any closer :nono: Most say this is the hardest/longest goal to make. But like I said you have made good progress. You are getting closer and looks like you may be there by summer.