APL 2012 Challenge

Trixie58

THANKS faithVA, it makes me feel better that I'm not alone in feeling this way, I really had gotten to a point that I felt my hair was growing inward towards my scalp and getting shorter, or at least not moving. I am going to keep your email on file for encouragement (hugs).

faithVA

[USER=336853 said:
Trixie58[/USER];15352681]THANKS @faithVA, it makes me feel better that I'm not alone in feeling this way, I really had gotten to a point that I felt my hair was growing inward towards my scalp and getting shorter, or at least not moving. I am going to keep your email on file for encouragement (hugs).

:lol: I have never heard of this. But I like it. I am going to start using that on the board when I want to fuss about my hair not growing. You know you aren't allowed to say your hair isn't growing on this board. So now I can say - Yeah its growing. It's growing inward towards my scalp. :lol: I needed that today.

Come here for encouragment as often as you needed it. You just happened to miss my post last week or the week before when I was in the dumps. And as always the sistahs came out and gave me the encouragement I needed.

These phases just come with the territory. :yep:

Evolving78

Thinking of dying my hair blue black tomorrow. I have fine hair and this light color makes it look even more fine. I think the black will make it appear thicker. What do you guys think?

that is why i colored mine jet black. i am going to dye it blue black in the summer. right now i am trying to work on getting my moisture back up from that Aphogee nightmare i had, so i won't be coloring my hair too soon again.

coolsista-paris

Trixie58 : you will get there .i stayed between sl and Apl for over à year !!!!!i got fed up didnt do anything...then i just kept it in ps....when i got back.here i found out i was Apl (my hair grows in layers and i dont wait for full Apl to claim ) my helpful girls in here confirmed i reached my Apl goal. I was like " at last !!!this was thriller hardest thing to reach wow " so to help you...dont be as lazy as me (kids also take time lol) but please focus on those ends like crazy!!!!!!hide them

Evolving78

Trixie58 : you will get there .i stayed between sl and Apl for over à year !!!!!i got fed up didnt do anything...then i just kept it in ps....when i got back.here i found out i was Apl (my hair grows in layers and i dont wait for full Apl to claim ) my helpful girls in here confirmed i reached my Apl goal. I was like " at last !!!this was thriller hardest thing to reach wow " so to help you...dont be as lazy as me (kids also take time lol) but please focus on those ends like crazy!!!!!!hide them

yep! i wanted to wear my hair curly and down, but i decided to just put the back in a bun and keep it moving. roll setting and bunning will get me to APL Land!

Trixie58

yep! i wanted to wear my hair curly and down, but i decided to just put the back in a bun and keep it moving. roll setting and bunning will get me to APL Land!
shortdub78, faithVA, coolsista-paris, wow coolsis that helps. I do not feel alone anymore in feeling like my hair has been the same length for soooo long. I called my mom and she reminded me that when she measured its like 6 inches from shoulders to apl for me, which is a lot. Faith u r officially clear to use that haha.

Hmmm maybe i will invest in a wig or a little bun to clip over my ends. Weaves dont work for me but sounds like i should PS. Normally i just butterfly clamp and go.

coolsista-paris

Trixie58 said:
shortdub78, faithVA, coolsista-paris, wow coolsis that helps. I do not feel alone anymore in feeling like my hair has been the same length for soooo long. I called my mom and she reminded me that when she measured its like 6 inches from shoulders to apl for me, which is a lot. Faith u r officially clear to use that haha.

Hmmm maybe i will invest in a wig or a little bun to clip over my ends. Weaves dont work for me but sounds like i should PS. Normally i just butterfly clamp and go.

Ladies treat those ends with love please focus!! I made that mistake of not concentrating on them...

I ps with wigs since à month .i love it! Twists didnt.really work .weaves dont.braids with my on hair NO. With extensions end up with breakage. Id like to try all these again by focusing on ends but to scared .WIGS are great for me.

TheNDofUO

Ugh. Just relaxed yesterday and my hair feels horrible. My mum says hair always feels like this after a relaxer and ice just forgotten because I've been underprocessing since Oct.
Plus I used a No lye and have no chelator. Will buy ASAP! O don't know if I need moisture more or protein more. Let me chelate first and then assess the damage. My hair is breaking not a crazy amount bit a lot more than normal. I see why people transition...

kupenda

Just checking in! My transition is going marvelously if I do say so myself :) lol. I know that the first few months are the easiest. So I'm enjoying it while I can. A few days ago my SO was behind me while I finger detangled and said "what did you do to your hair? How did you get it to look like that?". He was referring to the wavy/curly new growth. He said it was shiny but the rest of my hair wasn't. Ladies I can't wait to be fully natural. I love my little curls. So cute! Still trucking and using the Silk Dreams line exclusively. Right now I'm baggying because my scarf came off last night and I woke up with free hair. I'm sure I'll have to detangle again. Ugh. And I have been wearing my hair in a bun to keep it out of my way and to give my curlies a rest from my constant groping lol. But I'm still here! Miss you guys

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

lilyofthenile

Checking in. Did a scalp massage with JBCO Red Pimento Oil last night.

Plan on doing it again tonight. Tomorrow I am washing my hair with SheaMoisture Purification Masque. It's been about two months that I've had these yarn braids in for so I'm trying to find a gap in my schedule where I can take it out and redo it or something.

skraprchik

One thing I remember learning during the relaxed days is that No Lye is more drying than a lye relaxer. Something to do with the chemical formulation. Do go ahead and baby your hair as much as possible.

Poutchi

Hey APL Class of 2012 !!!
I am currently steaming with coffe oil on my scalp and hemp seed oil on my braids!!! Just felt like babying my hair... Does that happen to you like when u feel down you baby ur hair instead of swallowing ice cream? !
I am going to reach APL this year God willing!

HauteHippie

Still trying to nurse my hair back to health since bleaching/dying. It was shedding, but that has mostly stopped and my scalp is no longer sore.

The ends are still snapping off if I just so much as look at them. I have no idea what to do. Maybe my hair could stand a hard protein afterall. I'll be trying that, followed by ORS Replenishing Pak tomorrow.

NikkiQ

I'm back!!!!! Exhausted and still in my Celies. Tomorrow is gonna be a long wash day for me. I can't wait to take them down and do a nice long DC and detangling session.

NikkiQ

One Celie came loose after my shower so I twisted it back up until tomorrow. I'm okay with the length I have now,but I'm still wondering how far from APL I really am if I pull the hair in the back instead of over my shoulder.

View attachment 2012-02-25 22.18.55.jpg

Sent by me from my Android phone.Boom

pookaloo83

I put my hair in Bantu knots tonight again. This time I didn't two strand twist first. I pulled my hair down to do a lil length check. I couldn't resist. :giggle: thinking about straightening for my bday on march 17th. i dont know yet though.

Sent from my iPhone 4s

coolsista-paris

pookaloo83 said:
I put my hair in Bantu knots tonight again. This time I didn't two strand twist first. I pulled my hair down to do a lil length check. I couldn't resist. :giggle: thinking about straightening for my bday on march 17th. i dont know yet though.

Sent from my iPhone 4s

Dont forget to show us that nice pic ;-) if you do

coolsista-paris

NikkiQ said:
One Celie came loose after my shower so I twisted it back up until tomorrow. I'm okay with the length I have now,but I'm still wondering how far from APL I really am if I pull the hair in the back instead of over my shoulder.

Sent by me from my Android phone.Boom

Nice and thick .i also.think you can truly.make it by dec! Your close

pookaloo83

coolsista-paris said:
Dont forget to show us that nice pic ;-) if you do

Here's my bantu knot out from yesterday.

I didn't like it out do I put it in a puff. I'll post today's bantu knot out later when I go out.

Sent from my iPhone 4s

Attachments

• image-1886036422.jpg
    image-1886036422.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 49
  • image-2747407801.jpg
    image-2747407801.jpg
    418.4 KB · Views: 66

kupenda

I was overdue for a dusting so I did it last night. Ended up taking off about an inch in the back. Such a great feeling! I want healthy sexy ends. And holding on to ragged ones is not what's gonna get me there.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

SavannahNatural

Just got done using my mud wash and now I'm sitting with my home made DC. I took my mini twists down about a week ago and rocked my hair un-detangled for about a week. I'm hitting the gym pretty hard to achieve my weight loss goal and I'm so shocked at how well my hair holds up despite my heavy scalp sweating!

When my hair is straight it maintains itself and now I see when it's curly and stretched it does a good job of maintaining itself as well! However I must sweat a lot in my sleep because unless I pineapple or "wrap" my hair it always shrinks!

As we approach this check-in I'm sure I wont have the greatest of progress because I did a good trim around mid Jan. so I'll either be exactly where I started or a little short of that point. But overall I'm happy with my hair and progress and when I'm not I watch Reneice's hair journey for a little inspiration!

I have a tendency to fall off for a few days which just means I don't take my vitamins like I'm supposed to or drink the right amount of water, but because I know I do it it's an easy fix!

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

livinthevida

livinthevida I use henna to cover the few grays that I have sprouting in my head. I don't cover them with indigo though since there aren't that many and they blend in with my hair overall. My grays turn a reddish color.

Aside from that, I haven't done much to my hair. I think I abused it a bit this past week by wearing in a curly wash and go-ish state for a few days. I now have it in twists to give it a break. It was madd tangled and I had to remove a couple of knots that developed:nono:. I also really think I need to put my Denman down cause it has no mercy on knots.
StephElise thanks for sharing your henna reggie! I now know these greys will turn reddish and I'm ok with that just wanted to make sure it was definitely normal :grin:

Yes! that Denman Brush can pull a bit, what worked for me is to make sure I use Coconut Oil on my ends (from ear to end of hair) and brush the ends out first rather starting from crown to bottom. I find if I start with my ends then move up to ear then brush from crown that Denman slides right through :yep: