aphogee pro vitamin leave in... a ceramide?

afgirl

this product contains a ceramide
with all this talk about ceramides would this be a good product to reintroduce into my regimen? ive used it before and cant think of any reason i stopped other than... i started slacking on my regi...
what do you ladies think?

ingredients:
Water, Polyquaternium-11, Amodimethicone, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Hair Keratin, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Sodium collagen Amino Acids, Cocoyl Sarcosine, wheat Germ Fatty Acids, Linoleic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Arachidonic Acid, Sorbitol, Wheat Germ Oil, Jojoba Oil, tocopherol, Sulfur, Tallowtrimonium Chloride, Citrci Acid, Polysorbate-80, Nonoxynol-10, Aminomethyl Propanol, Dimethicone, Copoylol, Acetamide MEA, PPG-2 Methyl Ether, Fragrance, Quaternium-15, Methylparaben.

or is wheat germ oil to far down the list?

edited:
an alternate ingredient list as posted by simply hair

Water, Polyquaternium-11, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silantriol, Trimethylsiloxyamodethicone, Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Jojoba Oil, Wheat Germ Oil, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phytantriol, Amodimethicone, Tallowtrimonium Chloride, Nonoxynol-10, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Collagen Amino Acids, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Glycerin, Linolenic Acid, Linoleic Acid, Arachidonic Acid, PPG-2 Methyl Ether, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 80, Trideceth-12, C11-15 Pareth-7, C12-16 Pareth-9, Fragrance, Aminomethyl Propanol, Quaternium -15, Citric Acid, Methylparaben

Last edited:

sheba1

It's even got wheat germ fatty acids higher on the list, which I'm thinking would also contain ceramides. The only problem I have with it is that it's got a big ole' cone at spot #3. I don't like my leave ins to have cones or at least not have them way up in the list, just a personal preference.

I think I'll add my water based leave in with silk amino acids added and use my ceramide oils separately to seal in the goodness of it all.

ButtaSmooth

It's pretty far down on the list. I don't know if there is enough wheat germ oil in the product to give the results that the oil alone would. But I'm by far no expert so maybe some of the other ladies will chime in. ( BTW I use this product after every shampoo )

Yoshi3329

I would. My Matrix Biolage Ultra-Hydrating Balm and Redken Extreme-Anti snap leave-in both have ceramide at the end of the ingredient list. and they both have done wonders for my transitioning hair!

Do it! Do it! Do it! lol.

simplyhair

Hey OP, did you get the ingredient list from an online store? Unless Aphogee recently changed the formula, my bottle's ingredient list is slightly different.

On my bottle, there is a very long cone name probably the 5th from the top of the list but I don't let that concern me. I mean, it seems that a lot of leave in's, high-end or BSS, have a cone as the 2nd ingredient after water.

I have been alternating the Aphogee Pro Vitamin with QP HTwo and others in my stash, and I must say that Aphogee works better in my hair.

I believe the wheat germ oil helps play a factor in that. I could be wrong and do not claim to be an expert on the cone or ceramide theory here on the board.

Now, I'll go have a look and see if I can find the ingredient list that is on my bottle instead of typing it all out.

Last edited:

simplyhair

If Aphogee has not changed the formula, I would say those online stores have the wrong ingredient list.

My ingredient list is totally different than what OP listed. Wheat germ oil on my bottle is the 7th ingredient on the list. I think that is pretty good in spite of the long name cone.

EDITED: I typed it all out for our future reference :grin:

Water, Polyquaternium-11, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silantriol, Trimethylsiloxyamodethicone, Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Jojoba Oil, Wheat Germ Oil, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phytantriol, Amodimethicone, Tallowtrimonium Chloride, Nonoxynol-10, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Collagen Amino Acids, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Glycerin, Linolenic Acid, Linoleic Acid, Arachidonic Acid, PPG-2 Methyl Ether, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 80, Trideceth-12, C11-15 Pareth-7, C12-16 Pareth-9, Fragrance, Aminomethyl Propanol, Quaternium -15, Citric Acid, Methylparaben

Last edited:

SimJam

oohhh cool I ues this religiously wen I was relaxed, still have a big ole bottle of it too :)

afgirl

yes i got that list off a online store as i dont have my bottle on me im at work :shhh:

but when using it this morning i glanced at the list and noticed it im not sure the exact placement on the list...
i have noticed that aphogee has changed this product several times in the past

JJamiah

YEAH, SO I have been using Ceremides all a long, YOU KNOW I haven't figured this Ceremides stuff out yet :nono:

I use both APhogee 2 minute and always use Aphogee pro Leave in :) Yeah!

afgirl

yes you guys are right now that im home and looking at the bottles i have wheat germ oil is number 7 on the list of ingredients....