Aphogee 2 min Keratin has Mineral oil and petrolatum in it.

dancinstallion

I was excited to try the Aphogee 2 min Keratin treatment again. It didn't work to well the first time I tried it But since it went on sale I said I will try it again. I looked at the ingredients online throught sallys and it didn't have mineral oil or petrolatum in it. So I was cool with buying it. BUt when I got to the store it had both in it. I was disappointed.
Ladies who use this, Does your bottle have mineral oil and petrolatum in it or did they recently change the formula? (saw a post from 2009 about it having mineral oil) I wonder how it will work since the mineral and petrolatum is in it..? Well it seems that they changed the whole formula up. Does it still work like the old formula?

Ingredients on the website
Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Behenamidopropylamine Behenatem Stearolkonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cocodimonium Hydrolyzed Hair Keratin, Hydrolzed Mucopolysac Charides, Sodium Coco Collagen Amino Acids, Wheat Germ Fatty Acids, Linoleic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Arachidonic Acid, Squalane, Avocado Oil, Acetimide MEA, Panthenol, Wheat Germ Oil, Jojoba Oil, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sulfur, Amodimethicone, Polyquaternium 10, Linoleamidopropyl PG Dimonium, Chloride Phosphate, Tallowtrimonium Chloride, Nonoxynol 10, Cocoyl Sarcosine, Sorbitol, Fragrance, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Ingredients on the bottle.
Water, glycerin, Stearalkonium Chloride, cetyl alcohol, Mineral oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Hydrolyzed vegetable protein Pg-propyl Silanetriol, Timethysiloxyanodimethicone,mauritia flexuosa fruit oil, avocado oil, Wheat Germ Oil, Linoleamidopropyl Pg Dimonium Chloride Phospate, Hydrolzed Glycosaminoglycans, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Collagen Amino Acids, Squalane, Phytantriol, Petrolatum, polysobate 60, Amodimethicone, Cetrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium 10, Trideceth-12, C11-15 Pareth-7, c12-16 PaRETH-9, Arachidonic Acid, Linoleic Acid, Linolenic Acid, sTEARYL aLCOHOL, Hydroxyethycellulose, citric acid, Fragrance, disodium EDTA, Dmdm Hydantoin, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate.

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
There are two versions.
The version without mineral oil is in a white bottle, with red and black writing on it. I think that's the original formulation.
The version with mineral oil is in a cream colored bottle with purple writing on it.
I actually prefer the mineral oil version because it smells yummier, but really, I haven't noticed a difference between the two formulations. I've used both, and they work equally well for my hair.

But as an aside, generally, most reconstructors don't make a big difference in one use, unless it's a heavier treatment. Since 2 Minute is fairly light as far as protein goes, you'd probably need to use it consistently for a few times to really feel a difference.

Chevelure618

You know I've never noticed that. It works so well that it doesn't matter to me. I use another staple oil, Sof and Beautiful Botanicals oil and it has mineral oil in it, but it works so well in my hair that I ignore it. I think they use these two ingredients sometimes for the consistency of the product.

lilsparkle825

As they are not (and are nowhere near) the first two ingredients, I do not believe this would cause an issue. It is generally the products formulated from MOSTLY mineral oil +/or petrolatum that raise an issue, especially if they claim to have moisturizing properties.

In any event, I use the one with mineral oil/petrolatum and it works well for me.

LABETT

There is plenty of the old formula in my area so I have never tried the new one.
I dont have a problem with mineral oil in my products as long as it works on my hair.

mstk

I've only used the new formula, so I can't compare. The new formula works well for me though.

dancinstallion

Thank you ladies for the responses. I will definately try it again being that so many ladies are still having good experiences with it.