Which Conditioner (Please Vote) ?

Which Conditioner for Thicker Hair Strands?

• DOO GRO® Mega Thick® Anti-Thinning Conditioner

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • DOO GRO® MEGA THICK®Intense Repair Treatment

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters

*C00KIE*

I am in search of Thicker Hair Strands...

Which Conditioner do you believe would give me thicker hair strands in the long run?

DOO GRO® Mega Thick® Anti-Thinning Conditioner

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Dimethicone, Mineral Oil(Paraffinum Liquidum), Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Glycol Stearate, Avena Sativa (Oat) Protein, Panthenol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Polyquaternium-10, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Matricaria Recutita (Chamomile), Lawsonia Inermis (Henna), Hydrastis Canadensis (Goldenseal), Calendula Officinalis (Calendula), Humulus Lupulus (Hops), Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail Plant), and Sanguinaria Canadensis (Soapbark), Lactic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea,Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Sodium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum),FD&C Blue 1 (CI 42090).

OR

DOO GRO® Mega Thick® Intense Repair
Rebuilding Thickening Treatment

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Stearalkonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Parffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Limanthes Alba (Meadowfoam Seed) Oil , PEG-75 Lanolin, Silk Protein, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Acetamide MEA, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Sorbitol, Collagen Amino Acids, Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Germ) Acids, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Germ) Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Linolenic Acid, Linoleic Acid, Sulfur, Polysorbate 80, Oleth-10, Buxus Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Gel, Lecithin, Tetrasodium EDTA, Benzophenone-4, Methylchloroisathiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum), FD&C Blue 1 (CI 42090).

TIA.​

PPGbubbles

Henna has thickening properties... I see the first conditioner has henna so i vote for that one

But I say you just start doing henna treatments

*C00KIE*

Henna has thickening properties... I see the first conditioner has henna so i vote for that one

But I say you just start doing henna treatments

I noticed this also, I will probably get better results if I add Henna powder to this conditioner.
Thanks for suck a QUICK reply!

*C00KIE*

Bumping more responses, please.
(dont forget to VOTE)

ETA. Even if you dont reply to the thread, please vote.
Thanks In Advance.

Last edited:

PPGbubbles

I noticed this also, I will probably get better results if I add Henna powder to this conditioner.
Thanks for suck a QUICK reply!

I would just do a plain henna treatment. Im sure it will be more beneficial than whatever amount is in the conditioner... and probably cheaper in the long run.

lol no worries on the quick reply ... that iSpy feature really keep you up to date on new threads lol

Your Cheeziness

I don't think any of those will give you thicker strands. If anything, my vote is henna and even with that, it may take a few applications. Doo Gro is just marketing misleading to me. The ingredients are no different than most other ethnic lines.

If your hair is naturally fine, it will stay that way. If you hair is damaged, taking the time to care for it properly will help you get stronger hair.

discodumpling

There are no responses because 1. Doo gro products are considered inferior on this board & 2. Many products can give you the APPEARANCE of thicker strands but few can actually thicken the strand permanently.

...Carefull use of pure BAQ henna will achieve long lasting thckness for your strands.

melodies815

I viewed but didn't vote because I don't have experience with the product or know anyone else who does. I have used MegaTek, and it thickened my hair a lot. I was using for growth though...

Henna sounds like your best bet. Make sure you read the threads on it because it can loosen your curl pattern if you are natural and happen to be in love with your hair. Good luck, lady!!

cj

NaturalEnigma

hmmm, I don't think its possible for you to get thicker hair strands. I have fine hair, and using weekly protein conditioners, oiling my scalp with castor oil, and applying conditioner and moisturizer in my hair in sections really helped thicken my hair, and when I mean thicken I mean my scalp produced more hair, the individuals strands didn't get thicker. Maybe you can try doing this to make the overall look of your hair appear more fuller/denser.