Herbal Essences

lshevonne

Has anyone ever used the Herbal Essences Leave-In Conditioner? I thought I read somewhere that the products aren't bad.
Ingredients: water, amodimethicone, polyquaternium-11, panthenol, angelica archangelica extract, evening primrose oil, calendula extract, citric acid, castor oil, ppg-2 methyl ether, polysorbate 80, aminomethyl propanol, cetrimonium chloride, dimethicone copolyol, tri-deceth-12, fragrance, propylene glycol, methyl paraben, methylchlo-isothiazolinone...
Ok, I don't know what over half this stuff is so can someone help me out? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

BlkMane

Hi, I bought that stuff once and HATED IT! It leaves your hair with a sort of "sticky feel"...unclean. I've heard other girls say this as well. But, I've also known some people to like it.

I think Ananda Lewis said she uses it and loves it.

lshevonne

Thanks Blkmane...
I love your pic. Do you know if I can order the Dominican Product online? I notice alot of ladies say positive things about the products.

T

Tee

BlkMane is right, this is a pretty bad leave-in. I tossed mine right out.

BlkMane

Re: Dominican Products

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Poster: lshevonne
Subject: Re: Herbal Essences

Thanks Blkmane...
I love your pic. Do you know if I can order the Dominican Product online? I notice alot of ladies say positive things about the products.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi! Thanks! I think someone posted that you can contact some lady at Duane Reade (or Rite Aid)-both drugstores in NYC- and she will send it to you. Do a search for "Tropical" on this board and you might find that post. Those stores don't sell the Dady Jojoba or Lafier, though. Lafier is very popular, though. If you have a Dominican salon near you they might carry it.

jrw

I have tried the thick Herbal Essences leave-in and liked it very much. It worked nicely on my hair. It was not absolutely incredible but if it was on sale or for a less than 2 bucks I would buy it again. I have not tried the spray leave-in though.

Eyvonne7131

Hi, thier Spray Leave In Conditioner is ok, nothing to rave about, however thier Intenstive Blends Creme Leave-In worked great on my hair! /images/graemlins/smile.gif I used it instead of setting lotion and my hair came out really soft! I go to the Dominican salon now to get my hair done, but if I ever do my hair at home that is what I would use. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

lshevonne

Eyvonne, you're right. It's ok. I didn't see the other one you mentioned. I'll look into it and give my review. I didn't use much of the spray on my hair but it did help with detangling. Thanks for your help..

keylargo

for some reason, i've had bad reactions to all of their products-particularly the intensive blends line. they smell great but i think the chemicals and fragrances were too much for my hair. it's hard to describe what it did to my hair but it seemed to make my hair thinner and weak.