APHOGEE 2 STEP DIDN'T WORK FOR ME!

Estelle

I decided to use the Aphogee 2 Step because i had hair breakage and besides it's been a while since i have done a protein treatment. However i didn't like the outcome. Despite the fact that i used the Aphogee i still had breakage.

This is the Hair Regimen and Steps that i used today.

Hair Products
Neutrogena T-Gel Shampoo (for psoriasis)
Neutrogena Triple Moisture Shampoo
Aphogee 2 Step Protein Treatment
Aphogee Balancing Moisturizer
NTM Silk leave Conditioner
IC Fantasia ANTI-FRIZZ SERUM
After Roller Set
CD's Healthy Hair Butter on the Scalp
CD's Lisa's Hair Elixir (sp?)

Steps
I shampooed my hair with Neutrogena T-Gel Shampoo Once, then Twice with NTM Shampoo. After that i blot my wet hair with a Towel. Then combed my hair with my shower comb to avoid my hair from Tangling. Then i applied the Aphogee 2 Step Protein Treatment on my hair. Combed my hair for the last time to make sure the treatment also got to the ends. After that, i sat down under a hooded dryer until it was HARD and DRY (approx. 25mins).

Then after i went back into the shower and allowed the shower to run through my hair until was loose enough. After i rinsed it i used the Aphogee Balancing Moisturizer for 30mins. Then rinsed again. After it was rinsed out thoroughly i did a rollerset.

When my hair was dry i decided to do a Wrap (using a WIDE tooth comb), which i normally do after a rollerset, and to my SURPRISE my hair was still breaking :eek:

Please i woulld really appreciate it if you could please advise me on what do? Cause i really need my hair back on track . . . . .

growinglong777

I agree also and I am interested responses. I used the Aphogee 2 this past week, and it didn't help me with the breakage at all.. After a deep conditioning with Elucence MB Conditioner, it was still dry and breaking. What did seem to help was oiling my scalp with naturallady's odorless MTG and spraying my hair with Doves sheer moisture mist. I didn't lose any strands this morning.. my hair is softer and tangle free.

Estelle

growinglong777 said:
I agree also and I am interested responses. I used the Aphogee 2 this past week, and it didn't help me with the breakage at all.. After a deep conditioning with Elucence MB Conditioner, it was still dry and breaking. What did seem to help was oiling my scalp with naturallady's odorless MTG and spraying my hair with Doves sheer moisture mist. I didn't lose any strands this morning.. my hair is softer and tangle free.

The Doves Sheer Moisture Mist sounds good, would probably look into that . . .

HoneyDew

Knowing my hair, the products you used after would not have been enough moisture for me. After a few days of daily moisture, maybe it would get better, but I would see more mositure after 1 or 2 more deep conditions with some VERY moisturizing conditoners (I have my favorites)

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
Here's my suggestion after years of trial and error with aphogee. The balancing moisturizer they tell you to use after using the treatment is NOT moisturizing enough (IMO). Whenever I use aphogee I use a heavy duty moisturizer after and I use heat to make sure it penatrates. I use Paul Mitchell Super Charged Moisture or Nexxus Humectin (this one not so much anymore).

Estelle

HoneyDew said:
Knowing my hair, the products you used after would not have been enough moisture for me. After a few days of daily moisture, maybe it would get better, but I would see more mositure after 1 or 2 more deep conditions with some VERY moisturizing conditoners (I have my favorites)

Do you mind sharing some of your favorite conditioners? :)

HoneyDew

Estelle said:
Do you mind sharing some of your favorite conditioners? :)

I would love to. :D

These contain no protein and cones are not within the 1st few ingredients. i look for water and humectants only for the 1st few ingredients (preferably totally cone free - but that is not as important to me):

-Loreal Vive - I like all the formulas (fine hair, thick hair, curly hair)
-NTM Daily Deep Conditioner
-Motions Moisture Plus - Although I don't really use this one for moisture treatments - too much mineral oil. I use this one for maintenance then my moisture is on point.
-Loreal Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture
-Aussie (I LOVE THESE!!) - I like the Moist conditioner and the 3 Minute Miracle DEEEEP one (more like a 30 min miracle for me :))

kaykaybobay

I did a protein treatment too, followed all the steps to the T, and I still have breakage, tiny c shapped hairs all over my sink absolutely devastating :( I just wanna shave all my hair off :(

OneShinyface

OMG! Don't waste $ on the Aphogee Balancing Moisturizer. Get either the Paul Mitchell Supercharged Moisturizing Conditioner, Mizani Moisturefuse Conditioner, L'Oreal Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture Nurturing Creme or some other deep moisturizing conditioner. Add a little EVOO too it even and THEN proceed with your other styling products.

Aphogee is an intensive protein treatment and you have to replace the moisture lost after that process. HTH!

Estelle

HoneyDew said:

These contain no protein and cones are not within the 1st few ingredients. i look for water and humectants only for the 1st few ingredients (preferably totally cone free - but that is not as important to me):

-Motions Moisture Plus - Although I don't really use this one for moisture treatments - too much mineral oil. I use this one for maintenance then my moisture is on point.
-Aussie (I LOVE THESE!!) - I like the Moist conditioner and the 3 Minute Miracle DEEEEP one (more like a 30 min miracle for me :))

Thanks Honey Dew. :)

Would also try and get the Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Deep Conditioner.

Estelle

HoneyDew said:

Thanks Honey Dew!
Would try and get the Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Deep Treatment.

kaykaybobay

I will look into those conditioners as well. I think protien is the enemy for some like myself. I temporay fix is amla oil. Unfortunately I have some virus that shot my temperature up to 104 so I cant wash my hair or I will just keep a temp. I recieved my amla oil in the mail yesterday. I struggled to put some in my hair despite how I felt lol along with some infusion moisture conditioner. Today I noticed there was less c shaped breakge I had from say tuesday! It seemed to make my hair heavier (the amla) for now I'm just gonna keep a tad on my ends until I can wash my hair again.