Aphogee 2 Step Protein treatment REVIEW

gissellr78

Hi all,

I tried The Aphogee 2 Step protein treatment because i am relaxing next week......I can't take it anymore i am 12 weeks post.

My hair loves protein when i do Nexxus Emergencee and Sebastian Penettrait my hair comes out soft and strong BUT....Aphogee made my hair Thicker with a rough feeling. It does feel stronger but i didnt like the after results..... When i take down my wrap tomorrow i will see but so far no.

I love all other Aphogee stuff but the 2 step was messy, smells horrible and it made my hair hard and rough (yes i used the balancing condish) then i followed by the 2 minute and then a moisturizing DC for an hour!

msMicaela

Aphogee is pretty serious stuff.... i have found that if you do not have the perfect ballance of moisture after using the protein treatment that it will leave your hair hard until the next DC...... But Aphogee is a good line.... It just to be used sparingly and correctly

ChocoKitty

My hair used to feel rough after Aphogee. Now I mix it with water--now I get those soft and strong results.

Purfectalibi

I don't think you were supposed to do the 2 minute after. Its just adding more protien to the equation, thats probably what made your hair hard. Next time end with the blancing moisturizer and only do the 2 minute as your condish when you do your regular wash. HTH:look:

gissellr78

^^^^ I noticed that Ateeyaa uses the 2-minute Keratin Reconstructor after her aphogee treatment, and I nearly cringed. It worked for her, but I did think to myself that she was adding additional protein when it wasn't necessary by doing the 2-minute Reconstructor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUF2...7B8720574&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=2

Yes i did it just like ateyaa! maybe it was the 2 min...I dont know..My hair does feel strong not in a bad way just a little rough...

I am sure it will help out with my relaxer next week.