Replenishing moisture after Aphogee 2 step

blackberry815

I went out and bought the silicon mix.....let's hope I have some slip after the aphogee this time and that I don't have a dry, tangly, fused together strands mess again with this aphogee 2 step business.....thanks op for the thread.

Sent from my ADR6400L using ADR6400L

Last edited:

Krystle~Hime

Ok thanks for responding....I will give it a try. Do you deep condition longer after the aphogee with it or is the usual 25 minutes enough?

Do any of you 2 step users have fine hair? The aphogee 2 step usually bonds my strands together and makes it difficult to detangle. I want to give aphogee a second chance because I lost like no hair in the comb when I used it. Do you have any remedies for that or do you think maybe I just oversaturated my hair with the product? I'm guessing this is just not the kind of thing I should saturated my hair in?

I use Aubrey organics honeysuckle rose with a big spoon honey/molasses.
and I sit under the heat cap for 30 minutes (as usual)

Yes I have fine hair and I think your hair will tangle or not depending on how you set your hair during the 2step treatment.
Mine is sectioning in 6-8 twists. My detangling time is always during my DC moment so I will recommend using this moment(hair wet and saturated with DCmix -slip) for detangling.

blackberry815

I use Aubrey organics honeysuckle rose with a big spoon honey/molasses.
and I sit under the heat cap for 30 minutes (as usual)

Yes I have fine hair and I think your hair will tangle or not depending on how you set your hair during the 2step treatment.
Mine is sectioning in 6-8 twists. My detangling time is always during my DC moment so I will recommend using this moment(hair wet and saturated with DCmix -slip) for detangling.

last time I did it I did it in braids.. I usually wash in braids. It was crazy!! I tried to rollerset after...detangling was a nightmare.

empressri

empressri Yeah...these products are going to make me have to start standing on the corner...:lachen: I KID!!! :look:

But um, interestingly, their balancing moisturizer does nothing for me, I have always done a deep conditioner (Mixed Chicks deep conditioner, EVOO, and a little coconut oil to boot) and sit up under my steamer for about 20 minutes...does the job every time!

Janet' stop playing, id be right on that corner with you!! lol i have a 15% coupon for sallys so im going to get some. im on vacation so i have time to do the long process of the two step.

blackberry815

The silicon mix combined with the steamer was a hit... Guess I'm officially putting aphogee back into my regimen now. Thanks again for the thread op!

southerncitygirl

i have used used aubrey organics gbp, wc, j.a.y, or hsr afterwards with no heat and rinsed and my hair was fine......personally i prefer komaza care's protein strengthner as i think its a better quality product.

empressri

bumping cause i used mine yesterday...

sally's is insane. the small bottle of the step two was $6.00. I had an old bottle of the step 2 at home under the sink and it was 16 oz for $6.99. I took the little bottle right back today.

I really needed a treatment though, my hair took to it like a greedy person at a buffet. After the step 2 I didn't need to deep condition either.

hothair

I've got fine hair, never got fused hair need a 2 step treatment going to use the Aveda Moisture recovery