Replenishing moisture after Aphogee 2 step

kaytorry

What do you to replenish moisture into your hair after using Aphogee 2 step protein treatment?

Geminigirl

Silk elements moist treatment. It is on sale this month at sallys two for ten, when one is usually eleven.

True Gemini

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
You don't have to use their products. Any deep moisture products should work. I use what I have on hand.

Your Cheeziness

You have to bring out the big dogs after the 2-step treatment. If you don't already have a major moisturizing deep conditioner in your stash, I suggest to wait until you do. Mine was Silicon Mix. And I've not read one good review of the Aphogee Balancing conditioner working after the 2-step.

French Rouge

You have to bring out the big dogs after the 2-step treatment. If you don't already have a major moisturizing deep conditioner in your stash, I suggest to wait until you do. Mine was Silicon Mix. And I've not read one good review of the Aphogee Balancing conditioner working after the 2-step.

I'll have to be your first one then lol ...I only get good results after using the apogee protein of I use the balancing right after.

PJaye

whatever you like/prefer that softens your hair

and baggy with it overnite

I agree.

I will use either Hairveda Sitrinillah, Shescentit Banana Brulee or Joico Moisture Recovery Balm and sit under the dryer for 30 minutes, then leave it on overnight to further marinate.

Lucia

:lol: ITA w/ bolded

I use silicon mix with the balancing moisturizer or suave if tropical coconut with the balancing moisturizer. They both work well, Silicon mix works a little better, my hair's softer and takes less time. and my curls POP, without product.
mmm.. I've got to re-up.

I'll have to be your first one then lol ...I only get good results after using the apogee protein of I use the balancing right after.

I get soft hair with just the balancing moisturizer but I like to really do intense Moisture DC after that 2 step to make sure my hairs super soft and manageable.

Last edited:

Geminigirl

I still have that balance moisturizer as I bought the set on sale for twenty dolnars and it really stinks. I wouldn't even use it to cowash

True Gemini

Aireen

When I used ApHogee Two Step, I did NOT like the balancing moisturizing conditioner at all. It only slightly loosened my hair up, it was almost like just letting the water run for a longer period but using a cream substance instead to shorten time. I would say just use one of your absolute favourite moisturizing deep conditioners to restore a balance to your hair that you can feel.

OndoGirl

Aussie 3 Minute Miracle

Weird how different things work for different people. I did a 2 step last weekend, followed up with aussie 3 minute condish (left it on for five minutes) but it didn't return my hair to normal. I had to do an overnight dc with ors replenishing condish the next day. Now that stuff is the truth for me. Even though I only had a little bit left in the bottle, my hair came out super soft. Oh, and I did an oil rinse with grapeseed oil along with it.

I like the Aphogee 2 step and I think I will try to do this regularly as needed.

LushLox

I don't use the two step anymore but whenever I did I followed up with balancing conditioner and a moisture rich conditioner. There's no way that the Aphogee conditioner would be sufficient to use on it's own on my hair

blackberry815

To those of you that use the silicon mix after aphogee which one are u using because I see keratin as an ingredient in my silicon mix. I know that's a protein... Any insight?

sqzbly1908

To those of you that use the silicon mix after aphogee which one are u using because I see keratin as an ingredient in my silicon mix. I know that's a protein... Any insight?

Yes that is the correct one...not the Bambu or the Protein de Perla versions...even though it has Keratin in it - it is still considered a moisturizing conditioner. Even Nexxus Humectress has Keratin in it however, it's a moisturizing conditioner as well...

blackberry815

Ok thanks for responding....I will give it a try. Do you deep condition longer after the aphogee with it or is the usual 25 minutes enough?

Do any of you 2 step users have fine hair? The aphogee 2 step usually bonds my strands together and makes it difficult to detangle. I want to give aphogee a second chance because I lost like no hair in the comb when I used it. Do you have any remedies for that or do you think maybe I just oversaturated my hair with the product? I'm guessing this is just not the kind of thing I should saturated my hair in?

Sent from my ADR6400L using ADR6400L

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
A moisturizing condish your hair likes (ORS replenishing is my personal fav) leave it on overnight. I don't recommend the Aphogee balancing conditioner, didn't moisturize jack.

empressri

aphogee balancing moisturizer. ive used other stuff after the two step but NOTHING worked like their balancing moisturizer. but i do that as a rinse out. i use a deep treatment afterwards, before it was elasta qp dpr-11 mixed with some oyin honey hemp, with olive oil and honey added to the mix. made my hair feel plush!

let me briefly rant...since WHEN did the two step become $22!!!!!! I was in sallys and nearly had a heart attack. I have the sallys card and all but still! It was $16-$18 last time I bought it.

Janet'

empressri Yeah...these products are going to make me have to start standing on the corner...:lachen: I KID!!! :look:

But um, interestingly, their balancing moisturizer does nothing for me, I have always done a deep conditioner (Mixed Chicks deep conditioner, EVOO, and a little coconut oil to boot) and sit up under my steamer for about 20 minutes...does the job every time!

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
@Aireen @Janet' and @halee_J the balancing conditioner was a :nono: for me also. I stopped using the 2 step because I had a protein overload incident on my last try (with using the recommended Aphogee balancing conditioner).