Anyone thinking of relaxing in '09?

RedVelvet310

Some days I feel like I want to relax... but I know that when I reach MBL.. WL.. I'm going to regret that I didn't keep it natural. My hair has been so good to me this past year... I feel I owe it at least that much :yep:

Southernbella.

It never even crossed my mind. I can get my natural hair relaxer straight if I want to, so I have no reason to ever go back to chemicals.

Plus, I just love my napps.:grin:

silvergirl

i've always regretted it when i did. plus whenever ive flatironned my hair, i end up washing it out after a day or two just so i can get back to my curls.

Roland

no, the last time I relaxed my hair after years of being natural I regretted it. I am very happy with my natural hair.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I'm still not sure. I have issues with carpal tunnel and trying to style my TWA hurts me. I can't imagine how it's going to be when it gets longer.:nono: I will not relax strait if I do. I will probably lightly texlax and change my name again.:rolleyes: I'm giving myself a year to think about it. I'm still working on educating myself. Hopefully that education will help me remain a natural. I wonder if longer natural hair is easier to handle than short. I have a lot of learning to do. I do want to stay natural, so I'm going to stall as long as I can.

harrison

harrison i totally understand. I keep thinking my hair should be healthier right? Well i have more split ends than i've ever had when i had a relaxer. My hair is growing and its longer than its ever been but im sick of detangling forever and a day and not looking like a grown up. im 28 and i look 18 all the time. I love my nat'l hair, i really do but for the past 6 months i've really been considering a drastic change. idk i havent fully decided.

I put a pic in my photo album. Don't let that pic fool you though. When wet, it is big and puffy. I put twists in a couple of days later. So I'm pleased so far.

FeelinIt

HARRISON!!!!

THURNDER CATS!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I don't know why I did that. LOL

I can't say anything. I tex'ed a couple of months back. I'm loving it!!

I've got the best of both worlds. My hair still has that afro look but now detangling, styling and pressing are a breeze!

My natural curls pop more now too!