Anyone find the Talavera Split-Ender in stores?

naturalmanenyc

Has anyone in NYC found the Split-Ender in stores?

I'm in Brooklyn and would love to trim my hair today (wearing it straight for a couple of days) since I had to walk out on a stylist yesterday who wanted to trim an inch of my badly flat ironed hair.

I came home and rewashed and flat ironed myself but I need a trim. It's been 6 months.

I think it's only sold online...either at the main store, or on eBay. I got mine on eBay, so that I could get the PayPal protection. I've never seein it at any of the Bronx, or Manhattan BSS's or stores.

Last edited:
naturalmanenyc said:
For those that have used the split ender, I get that it snips of the splits (and trims all hair) but with respect to the splits, they do eventually split again right? Splits don't necessarily mend themselves after the split half is cut off, right?

@MrsJaiDiva
@hair4romheaven
@classoohfive
@Missdelicious1
@NJoy
@longhairdreaming
@D.Lisha
@HairPleezeGrow
@divachyk
@Myjourney2009
@frizzy
@MyAngelEyez~C~U

If I'm understanding your question correctly let me try and answer. The split ender only cuts or snips a certain amount so you go over the area 3 times is what's suggested. If your splits aren't that big or long then yes you will get the entire split and I'm guessing if you are prone to splits or always get them then yes they will come back but you just have to keep the ends trimmed. if you are cutting off your split (a little above where it ends) and taking care of your ends and trimming regularly for those of us who have to you should have your splits under control using the split ender. Basically keep using it when you need to trim or trim regularly if you need to but I like it and think its a great device especially if you are like me and don't really know how to trim your own hair or dust your own hair. I love it bc it snips just enough and keeps the hair as healthy as using your shears! HTH!

HairPleezeGrow

Thanks! That makes sense.

Now I just need to find a real one. The website is out of stock so I guess I will see if ebay has any real ones since so many people are selling fakes.

;16417235]If I'm understanding your question correctly let me try and answer. The split ender only cuts or snips a certain amount so you go over the area 3 times is what's suggested. If your splits aren't that big or long then yes you will get the entire split and I'm guessing if you are prone to splits or always get them then yes they will come back but you just have to keep the ends trimmed. if you are cutting off your split (a little above where it ends) and taking care of your ends and trimming regularly for those of us who have to you should have your splits under control using the split ender. Basically keep using it when you need to trim or trim regularly if you need to but I like it and think its a great device especially if you are like me and don't really know how to trim your own hair or dust your own hair. I love it bc it snips just enough and keeps the hair as healthy as using your shears! HTH![/QUOTE]

HairPleezeGrow

Now I just need to find a real one. The website is out of stock so I guess I will see if ebay has any real ones since so many people are selling fakes.

;16417235]If I'm understanding your question correctly let me try and answer. The split ender only cuts or snips a certain amount so you go over the area 3 times is what's suggested. If your splits aren't that big or long then yes you will get the entire split and I'm guessing if you are prone to splits or always get them then yes they will come back but you just have to keep the ends trimmed. if you are cutting off your split (a little above where it ends) and taking care of your ends and trimming regularly for those of us who have to you should have your splits under control using the split ender. Basically keep using it when you need to trim or trim regularly if you need to but I like it and think its a great device especially if you are like me and don't really know how to trim your own hair or dust your own hair. I love it bc it snips just enough and keeps the hair as healthy as using your shears! HTH!
[/QUOTE]

I didn't see any real ones on eBay, so I'd email the company directly. I hear they have good customer service.

naturalmanenyc said:
HairPleezeGrow

;16417235]If I'm understanding your question correctly let me try and answer. The split ender only cuts or snips a certain amount so you go over the area 3 times is what's suggested. If your splits aren't that big or long then yes you will get the entire split and I'm guessing if you are prone to splits or always get them then yes they will come back but you just have to keep the ends trimmed. if you are cutting off your split (a little above where it ends) and taking care of your ends and trimming regularly for those of us who have to you should have your splits under control using the split ender. Basically keep using it when you need to trim or trim regularly if you need to but I like it and think its a great device especially if you are like me and don't really know how to trim your own hair or dust your own hair. I love it bc it snips just enough and keeps the hair as healthy as using your shears! HTH!
[/QUOTE]

Yep if you contact them they will tell you when they will have them on their site and sure enough they will be there when they say it! Just shoot them an email!

naturalmanenyc
I'm looking for one too! Let me know if you have any updates once you contact them. I'm going to try to contact them today and I will PM if I have any new info for you.

I just got an email stating they will have a partial shipment stock available the week of July 26th! They will only have the pink one available.

I remember a while back, people were finding the Splitender @ Ross but I do believe they were counterfeit products. I believe the blade was really dull/cheap. So I wouldnt get it from any store....most likely it isn't real unless someone brought it directly from the site and resold it.

TheEspressoHair said:
I remember a while back, people were finding the Splitender @ Ross but I do believe they were counterfeit products. I believe the blade was really dull/cheap. So I wouldnt get it from any store....most likely it isn't real unless someone brought it directly from the site and resold it.

I figured it would be safer to order directly from the site just in case I have any problems with it.

HairPleezeGrow said:
If I'm understanding your question correctly let me try and answer. The split ender only cuts or snips a certain amount so you go over the area 3 times is what's suggested. If your splits aren't that big or long then yes you will get the entire split and I'm guessing if you are prone to splits or always get them then yes they will come back but you just have to keep the ends trimmed. if you are cutting off your split (a little above where it ends) and taking care of your ends and trimming regularly for those of us who have to you should have your splits under control using the split ender. Basically keep using it when you need to trim or trim regularly if you need to but I like it and think its a great device especially if you are like me and don't really know how to trim your own hair or dust your own hair. I love it bc it snips just enough and keeps the hair as healthy as using your shears! HTH!

If you are keeping your ends moisturized, you can reduce your split ends significantly

I didn't see any real ones on eBay, so I'd email the company directly. I hear they have good customer service.[/QUOTE]

Yup the customer service is phenomenal. I was thinking about sending mines back because it takes to long and you literally have to do small a$$ pieces and the man stayed on the phone for like thirty minutes explaining and then asked me do I have any questions he act like I had his undivided attention and no one else mattered :)

Hey girlie, I didn't buy it yet because its always out of stock & I refuse to take a chance with buying it on ebay. I actually just cut an inch off my ends last month since I couldn't get my splitender. I may sign up for the email reminder everyone is referencing. If u buy it get the insurance because I remember a thread where a member or two complained about the motor breaking after only using it a few times. I believe she had insurance & got a replacement. (I think)

naturalmanenyc, sorry I'm just now seeing this. :blush: I didn't get a notification so I didn't know I was tagged. I only clicked because I saw the thread keep popping up under new posts and got curious. :lol: I also recall people getting it from Ross but as TheEspressoHair said, a lot of them complained about dull blades and their hair getting snagged. Cutting with dull blades just makes damage worse or creates damage so I was too scared and just purchased from the site.

The SE is great for maintenance and keeping ends healthy, but if you have long splits, like the ones that make one strand look like two, then you may have to do a search and destroy for them (if the split strands are so long it may just cut the ends of each). If you keep your hair ends, including using the SE as often as you think your hair needs it you shouldn't have issues with splits like this. :yep:

I did go through a period when I wasn't taking care of my hair the way I should have. I would skip DCing for as long as possible, I wasn't using the SE, and I was wearing my hair out too much so my ends suffered. Right now for recovery, in addition to babying my ends, I'm using the SE and I did do a search and destroy. I also clipped about 1/2 inch from my ends. If your hair is really split you may want to do a search and destroy as well and then the SE will help with keeping your hair in check. :)

The company called me back today and I placed my order! Should have my split ender in the next 2 weeks!

hair4romheaven said:
shortt29 care to share? Thx

Sure! They are getting the shipment next week but just call and ask them if you can preorder yours and they will send it when the shipment arrives. I didn't want to be checking the site nonstop and then miss out. I don't have the number handy but it is on the contact us page. Let me know how it goes.

Back