Any type 4 ladies with longer than waist length goals?

I'm right around the corner from BSL, and I know for a fact that WSL is achievable. Now I'm thinking I want past WSL.

Honestly, besides HappilyMe(Dsylla) I don't see very many type 4s with hair of that length. Most of the ladies past waist are Type 3s and 2s, OR if they are type 4, they've always had hair around BSL with minimal effort (genetics). The only thing that MIGHT work in my favor is that I'm short, but that might not save me.:ohwell:

This of course won't stop me from going after my hair goals. Who else is after this same goal? Do you know of any type 4s who have successful grown past the waist? If so, what were their regimens? If anyone knows of any inspirational pictures, please post here.

If there are enough people, maybe we could start a challenge.:grin:

Hey thanks! I've seen that thread, very informative... I think that anything longer than waist is too much to handle for most :lol: So I can understand if few ladies want to deal with HL and TBL hair. :drunk:

winnettag

I'm right around the corner from BSL, and I know for a fact that WSL is achievable. Now I'm thinking I want past WSL.

Honestly, besides HappilyMe(Dsylla) I don't see very many type 4s with hair of that length. Most of the ladies past waist are Type 3s and 2s, OR if they are type 4, they've always had hair around BSL with minimal effort (genetics). The only thing that MIGHT work in my favor is that I'm short, but that might not save me.:ohwell:

This of course won't stop me from going after my hair goals. Who else is after this same goal? Do you know of any type 4s who have successful grown past the waist? If so, what were their regimens? If anyone knows of any inspirational pictures, please post here.

If there are enough people, maybe we could start a challenge.:grin:

:lachen: at the bolded.
I'm a 4b and my goal is hip length stretched, or MBL when it's in its natural state.
You're right I can't think of any 4's besides Happily Me. Well, there's Stephanie Struthers but I don't think she's active here very much. I do believe her regime is posted on her site somewhere though.
Oh, and there's Sera, who recently started posting youtube vid's I believe.

ceebee3

I'm a relaxed type 4 something but I don't want anything past waist length. I think anything longer than that only looks good on natural hair.

msa

My goal is past WL...ideally I'd like for my hair to reach my lower back. But, I've not even made it past APL yet so those lengths aren't even on my radar. I just want to be full APL. I'll worry about the rest later.

Itllbeokbaby

i want hip length :grin:

but i am relaxed. are you starting a challenge? is it just for naturals?

Last edited:

Traycee

I was full waistlength last length check....I believe Im already hip length...But I will know for sure when I relax....But my final goal is full hip length by Dec 09

Traycee

Theres more besides me....Im just horrible with names...There is actually a lot of 4 family ladies with wl hair ...both natural or relaxed...

prospurr4

I'm type 4b, texlaxed and should be WL by now; I'll know for sure when I touchup in about 3 weeks. My next goal is full WL by September and ultimate goal in full HL in 2010.

Tarae

I've been saying that once I get to full WL I'd cut back to BSL. But now that I'm pretty much WL, I think I can go longer.

It always changes with me :lol: I might try HL, but that's definitely as long as I'll go.

winnettag

I was full waistlength last length check....I believe Im already hip length...But I will know for sure when I relax....But my final goal is full hip length by Dec 09

Gosh your hair grows fast! When are you going to relax? It's gonna be hard to wait now! (For us, not you :grin:)

that_1_grrrl

I would just like to see how long my hair can grow. I think Classic Length would be nice, but I don't know. Like MSA said, first things first. I would be happy to reach APL because that would be some type of progress for me. I am tired of looking at short hair.

jahzyira

I want to be Classic Length:wallbash: I figured once I reach Waist-Length, Tailbone, and Hip ill keep my hair in a huge braid as my protective style and let it down on occasions for a voluminous braidout:lick: I know by that time ill be creating my own exclusive super healthy hair products that will help me reach great lengths......

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
I'd like to know of more HL Type 4 ladies too. As I draw closer to WL, I'm thinking well HL isn't too far away, might as well...:look:. I'll hit WL this year I'm sure so I'll review my length goal then.

lilmsjanet

im in i want unstreatched hair to reach the bottom off my butt cheeks so when im butt naked im dressed to kill...lol

Woohoo! So I'm not the only one. Crazy how years ago when I first joined this board my goal was MBL (I was relaxed then), then it turned to WSL, now that my hair is the longest it's ever been, I feel invincible. HL hair stretched would look pretty awesome with shrinkage, I'd actually feel like I had some hair when in it's natural state.

hothair

Once I get to BSL :pray: I think I'll just keep growing to see how long my hair can get, by then I should've cured my scissor-in-the-hairitis.

tkj25

my new goal is full elbow length stretched. i also want twists that hang at this length, but that'll take a little longer to grow ... but i WILL get there.:grin::grin::grin:

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
my new goal is full elbow length stretched. i also want twists that hang at this length, but that'll take a little longer to grow ... but i WILL get there.:grin::grin::grin:

My elbow is level with my waist. Is it the same for you?

Back on topic, the closer I get to waist length, the more I consider going longer. What's holding me back is the fear that HL hair would be too long for my height (5'6), overpowering me. I'll probably maintain my hair at just below WL, but no longer.

sunbubbles

Gosh that all sounds great.:yep:
um.......... I dont mean to be a Debbie Downer, but is it horrible that I just DONT think thats possible for my hair to grow that long?:ohwell::perplexed

JustKiya

um.......... I dont mean to be a Debbie Downer, but is it horrible that I just DONT think thats possible for my hair to grow that long?:ohwell::perplexed

Nope. I don't know if it's possible for my hair to do that either, and I figure there is only one way to find out. If I end up hitting terminal at BSL - oh well, at least I know for sure, rather than just assuming that it can't/won't grow to those lengths.

Ain't nothing wrong with aiming further than you can reach - you might surprise yourself. ;)

My elbow is level with my waist. Is it the same for you?

Back on topic, the closer I get to waist length, the more I consider going longer. What's holding me back is the fear that HL hair would be too long for my height (5'6), overpowering me. I'll probably maintain my hair at just below WL, but no longer.

Um...I'm all of 5'1 (probably 5'0:look:) so talk about overpowering:grin:. I want my braidouts and twistouts to look longer. How fierce would that length of hair look?

Nothing wrong with being realistic. My hair might not make it anywhere near that length, but I'm going to try. After I hit past APL I felt invincible because my hair has always been short. I think back to HS where at one point my hair was barely neck length AND damaged, now I'm on my way to BSL. WSL is around the corner from that, and I'll shoot for HL just for fun!:yep: