Any Relaxed Heads Using Wen?

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
just used the 613. my hair feels stripped. it felt good in the shower. my hair was so soft and moist. once i got out and tee-shirt dried, my hair felt like i used a harsh shampoo. so i applied some of the replenishing mist. that made it worse. i applied my regular leave-in to save the day. my hair is still air drying. i plan on flat ironing a little later. i don't see how i can use this without deep conditioning to give my hair more slip and moisture.

so far, i'm not impressed. and i am disappointed. oh but my hair smells good.... i will see how things go until my next wash day.

@shortdub78 I'm sorry you didn't like the 613 :-(. I can imagine the disappointment after spending so much money. I realized when using WEN 613 my hair is super clean but never feels stripped. Maybe your hair is cleansed after the first round and the second one is overkill for your hair. Do you use all natural products in your hair? If you clarified recently then this could be why your hair felt stripped as well.

Last edited:

Evolving78

@shortdub78 I'm sorry you didn't like the 613 :-(. I can imagine the disappointment after spending so much money. I realized when using WEN 613 my hair is super clean but never feels stripped. Maybe your hair is cleansed after the first round and the second one is overkill for your hair. Do you use all natural products in your hair? If you clarified recently then this could be why your hair felt stripped as well.

KiWiStyle
i did clarify before i used it. i used keracare 1st lather. i used it as directed. (wen) i don't think i will just use it as a shampoo. or i will just use it and not repeat. i wash my hair twice a week. i wanted to use it for a cowash, but it seems to work like a shampoo.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
KiWiStyle
i did clarify before i used it. i used keracare 1st lather. i used it as directed. (wen) i don't think i will just use it as a shampoo. or i will just use it and not repeat. i wash my hair twice a week. i wanted to use it for a cowash, but it seems to work like a shampoo.

shortdub78
Sounds like you washed your hair 4 times in one week. You Said you wash twice a week so I'm assuming you washed earlier this week, that's once. You clarified prior to using WEN, that's twice. Then cleansed as directed with the 613, that's another two. Your hair seemed stripped because it was. WEN should definitely be used to replace your shampoo. I literally see more product on my tub floor after using 613 than when using any other product, including clarifying shampoos. Let us know how your next wash day goes.

sunnieb

Awww man! shortdub78 I was looking forward to you becoming a Wen Head with us! I hope it works out for you, but don't push it. I believe Wen doesn't agree with divachyk's hair either.

Sent from my android tablet using LHCF App

Evolving78

Awww man! shortdub78 I was looking forward to you becoming a Wen Head with us! I hope it works out for you, but don't push it. I believe Wen doesn't agree with divachyk's hair either.

we are both low porosity too! but i am going to try it again. like Kiwi mentioned, my hair might have been too clean? i did clarify, since i thought the product would be able to work better. i am going to use it again Monday or Tuesday. i really did enjoy it in the shower. it feel so good and moisturizing!

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Keep me posted shortdub78 -- not sure if it didn't work for me because of low porosity or silicones. Don't cause yourself a setback with trying to make WEN work. I'm sure someone would purchase it off of you if you put it in the exchange forum.

Nat1984

So they've finally started selling the different versions of WEN here in the UK (yay!) and after seeing all the love for it in this thread I am very tempted to try it out! However I don't co-wash my hair, so will I see any benefits from WEN by using it instead of a shampoo, and then dcing as I normally would?

jayjaycurlz

Just ordered the 613 kit + Vanilla Mint from QVC - I hope these work for my hair...

I also noticed that there will be a WEN show in January, do they have sale items or show stoppers during the live shows? I might need to stock up! :grin:

25Nona

Something that I have been doing and noticing good results from is that I started adding the splash of water and working the product in down through the ends of my hair,I wasn't doing that b/4. I did the splash of water but concentrated that action only on the roots, doing it all the way down really makes me feel like my hair ends up being clean and moisturized.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

sunnieb

Something that I have been doing and noticing good results from is that I started adding the splash of water and working the product in down through the ends of my hair,I wasn't doing that b/4. I did the splash of water but concentrated that action only on the roots, doing it all the way down really makes me feel like my hair ends up being clean and moisturized.

This is exactly how I do it. :yep:

I read all the instruction manuals and watched the video. I think it was suggested in there somewhere as well.

Also, after I splash water and work through, I add about 4 more pumps of product and comb.

Sent from my Comet using LHCF

25Nona

I read all the instruction manuals and watched the video. I think it was suggested in there somewhere as well.

Also, after I splash water and work through, I add about 4 more pumps of product and comb.

Ohhhhh man I am going to try that. Now that I am 10 wks post I was in sections and my back left section usually takes work to detangle so hopefully this helps......thanks for this tip!

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie

Yep me too. I'm a by the book kind if girl, I ready instruction manuals from cover to cover.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Chrismiss

I used Fall Ginger Pumpkin last night for the first time. Off top, when I pumped it into my hand, it felt thicker and richer than the WVM. Then distributing it through my hair, it seemed to melt my 12 weeks of new growth. Don't get me wrong, WVM is wonderful. FGP just seemed to have an extra umph. Smell wise, I prefer WVM.

Hairroots

sunnieb have you used Wen as a DC'er under a hooded dryer or steamer? I use it as a cowash. But I was thinking about sitting under my steamer with it for about an hour???

sunnieb

Hairroots - I've never sat under my dryer with it on. I did leave it on for about 2 hours one time under a plastic cap. I didn't really see a difference.

I've been meaning to dc with Wen Fig just to see how it would do. Let me know how you like it.

Hairroots

Hairroots - I've never sat under my dryer with it on. I did leave it on for about 2 hours one time under a plastic cap. I didn't really see a difference.

I've been meaning to dc with Wen Fig just to see how it would do. Let me know how you like it.

Ok, I'm going to steam with it. I'll keep you posted.

tenderheaded

My hair still loves Fall Ginger Pumpkin the best! It smooths and sooths my scalp. But with the 5 pack and the 32 oz seasonals coming, I've got to develop more love for the others!

sunnieb

Hairroots - Did you steam? How'd it turn out?

Wen is spoiling my hair and making me dc-lazy. I haven't dc'd since my relaxer day. :look:

I cowashed with my Fig last night, but I'm going to commit to doing a good old fashioned clarify, shampoo, and dc w/heat tomorrow. THEN - go back to my Wen diet. :)

Hairroots

Hairroots - Did you steam? How'd it turn out?

Wen is spoiling my hair and making me dc-lazy. I haven't dc'd since my relaxer day. :look:

I cowashed with my Fig last night, but I'm going to commit to doing a good old fashioned clarify, shampoo, and dc w/heat tomorrow. THEN - go back to my Wen diet. :)
sunnieb I steamed with Wen...It turned out normal. I think i will save the steaming for my dcing and use the Wen for co-washing. I'm going to have to use it a few more times to give a good review. I have the huge 128 fl oz tub with the pump. (Pomegranate) I love the smell.

sunnieb

Hairroots - I think that's pretty much the way I felt after leaving it on for a few hours. I get wonderful results with cowashing that it's unnecessary to do anything else.

ArrrBeee

sunnieb and everyone else:grin:

What other products do you use besides Wen and how? I just ordered the 613 and I'm looking forward to getting my hair back right. I've had major setbacks.:nono:

tomnikids3

sunnieb and everyone else:grin:

What other products do you use besides Wen and how? I just ordered the 613 and I'm looking forward to getting my hair back right. I've had major setbacks.:nono:

You will love the 613, its amazing stuff. I mix it with the Silkdreams Vanilla Conditioner and deep condition under the steamer for an hour. My hair drinks this up. If you are interested in checking out Silk Dreams they are also very good hair products, here is the website. www.silkdreams.com

sunnieb

ArrrBeee -Sorry to hear about your setbacks. Hope you are well on your way to a comeback!

From what I hear, you're gonna love the 613! I just cowashed with my Wen Fig tonight.

Besides all shades of Wen, I use:

-ORS Carrot Oil and NTM daily for moisture

-Nexxus Therrappe for moisture shampoo

-Suave Daily Clarifying shampoo

-Castor Oil for my edges and ends

-Rusk Smoother to smooth my hair for airdrying

-Mane n Tail Detangler when detangling becomes my wet hair becomes difficult

Be sure you check out the other relaxed threads for more info. :yep:

onelockatatime

Forgive me, if this was already raised in this thread...just to lazy to read through right now...but any complaints about Wen and hair loss. I have been thinking about trying the Wen...googled it and a lot of complaints about hair loss. Has anyone experienced this? :eh:

tomnikids3

Forgive me, if this was already raised in this thread...just to lazy to read through right now...but any complaints about Wen and hair loss. I have been thinking about trying the Wen...googled it and a lot of complaints about hair loss. Has anyone experienced this? :eh:

Quite the opposite, i have not been losing hair at all. Been using WEN for a couple of years and actually had less hair loss.