Any Ghee Updates???

davisbr88

Hi, ladies:
I was thinking of using ghee as a weekly treatment to help manage tangling at the demarcation line. I've read a couple of threads from a few years ago about people using ghee and getting really soft, moisturized and shiny hair (here's looking at you DLewis :grin:). I'm not all that pressed about shine, but am always on the market for soft and moisturized hair, especially during detangling sessions. I was wondering if people are still using it and wouldn't mind sharing results/process.
What brand do you buy?
How exactly do you use it?
Is your hair natural, relaxed, or transitioning?

krissyprissy

I'm relaxed and I bought some ghee about 2 years ago but I didn't stick with it because I have a product commitment problem. lol It did leave my hair soft, a little oily, and shiny. The only thing I didnt like was the buttered popcorn scent but it wore off after a while.

Guitarhero

When I was using it, my hair was very dark and moisturized and thicker. But it stinks so I stopped lol. Now, I'm going to the Indian market to get some Pakistani ghee right now. I'll try it again. I can't seem to find the right balance between Indian Herbal Oils and Ghee...both stink!!!

greenandchic

I used it as a prepoo treatment once. Didn't do anything that coconut oil doesn't do. I ended up cooking with it. :lick: :eat:

I got mine from a local Indian store.

AwesomelyNappy

i've always wanted to try it but could never find it locally and didn't want to order online. but if its no different than coconut oil, i'll just stick to coconut oil.