A dusting was all that was needed huh?!

SimpleKomplexity

Ever since I got a light trim, my hair is super soft, and my ends feel super moisturized. It just has that SWANG now! It's shiny, and it's easy to maintain right now since all I have to do is KEEP it moisturized not try to get it moisturized. So to those ladies who are wrestling with hard to manage and tangling hair...you might just need a slight dusting! I know i did!

Edited 2 Add Photo:

DSC00016.jpg

Last edited:
Boy a dusting can do wonders. I need to stay away from the scissors because I STAY dusting my hair. I love the feeling of fresh ends.

I totally agree with you. I did that like 3 months ago when I was having tangling problems. Once I dusted my hair it stopped acting up!!!

That sounds fantastic. I have actually had people ask me if my hair grew after a dusting because I guess the hair looks over all healthier.

I totally agree, I had about an 1 inch cut off 2 weeks ago and my hair is so moisturized and healthy. I will continue to cut every 3-4 months. I've stop caring about length.

I dusted in the beginning of this month because single strand knots took over.

I will not hesitate to dust my hair if I need it again. I'm back to having very little knots. I believe it saved me a lot of length and heartache.

A blowdrier and some shears always does the trick for me. ALWAYS! Especially after 5 or 6 weeks post when my new growth starts to get crazy.

Ever since I got a light trim, my hair is super soft, and my ends feel super moisturized. It just has that SWANG now! It's shiny, and it's easy to maintain right now since all I have to do is KEEP it moisturized not try to get it moisturized. So to those ladies who are wrestling with hard to manage and tangling hair...you might just need a slight dusting! I know i did!

:needpics:

I NEED A NEW CAMERA YOU GUYS!! :cry: All of a sudden my battery has died. I think I'm going to go to Walmart and try to buy a battery and see if that is all that is needed.

I agree!! I just got my layers trimmed(which I haven't done in over a year) and about a 1/4 inch trim all over, and my hair behaves way better...Got that swang...its still super thick, and its so much softer! I may move my trims to every 4 mos instead of 6 as I was doing before.

Your hair looks great!!!! My ends are giving me the absolute blues..trying to hold out until November...don't know if I will be able to stand it!

Your hair looks healthy. I think I should bite the bullet and trim about an inch off. My last real trim was in March and I'm feeling the urge to use some heat for my b-day.

Your hair looks healthy. I think I should bite the bullet and trim about an inch off. My last real trim was in March and I'm feeling the urge to use some heat for my b-day.

I feel ya. I hadn't had a trim in a year. I dusted off about a half of an inch this summer though. I'm trying to limit trimming to twice a year but now that I'm apl and my ultimate goal is bsl, I'm tryna focus more on health. BSL will come in time.

your hair looks gorgeous! it's so thick and healthy looking!:grin:
OT/slightly silly question: do you ever feel weird taking progress/general hair pics in a dorm setting? i don't know why, but my roomie was in my room the other day, and i just feel silly taking pics of my hair. :ohwell:

Nah, I thought a trim would change the feel of my hair and cure breakage. It didn't, still had breakage and my hair tangled the same. It was a .5-1 inch trim. Sometimes it works sometimes not. All I needed was more moisture and a leave in conditioner.

everytime my hair starts to tangle at the ends and when combing or brushing I know it's time, normally I try to ignore it's time to trim lol!!!! but eventually do it anyway.

wow your hair looks great op!
i am in DIRE need of a trim...i'm craving one...but my hair isn't tangly and i dont have splits so i'm trying to staaay away from the sissors...sheesh scissor happines is a disease.

Just seeing this thread, but wanted to chime in to say that your hair looks BEAUTIFUL...

Dusting has made a drastic difference! :yep:

Just seeing this thread, but wanted to chime in to say that your hair looks BEAUTIFUL...

Dusting has made a drastic difference! :yep:

THANX!!! Yeah it did look a lil raggedy before but I was HOLDIN ON to dear life to that length :( lol. I just wanted to wait until I was at least an inch past apl to trim

WOW! I've been following your hair journey for a year now. It looks soooo wonderful...so healthy. Congrats on the growth and the retention.

cj

Back