Plz Don't Sleep on Butter!

bklynLadee

Ghee Butter is the TRUTH!!!

I read somewhere on the web that you can put unsalted butter to your hair for moisture. I thought oohhh boy another one! considered it for a second but just let it marinate in the back of my head.

So one day I was in the organic store and I saw the Ghee butter, I stopped dead in my tracks :blush:. Without a thought i put it in my cart and bought it.

Well on new years I decided that I would do a nice curly hairstyle using IC wheatgerm gel which doesn't leave all that crust like the infamous black gel. It came out real cute, it was like a curly mohawk with a curly french bun in the back..needless to say after about two days in that style my hair was DRRYY as usual.

I decided to give my hair a quick clarify and basic conditioner (It was too late to deep condition). Then I whipped out that Ghee butter and applied a little bit to each section and I was able to detangle with EASE!!! I don't know my hair type but i am transitioning and it is a :wallbash: to deal with both textures.

I really recommend Ghee butter to naturals, permed, esp transitioners like myself.

The next day, My hair was soft supple, beautiful I cannot believe that BUTTER made my hair feel so great. NO product has made my hair feel moisturized without that greasy feeling.

Don't knock it!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
There is a thread on this some where on the board. You can also use unsalted butter. The more adventurous ones will use Crisco... yes the grease.:rolleyes: I liked it when I was natural and a daily washer.

kweenameena

I agree...there is a long thread that you could read for more ideas. I use this on my daughter's hair...I hate the smell though:nono: