And That's What I Get For Stealing

leona2025

After seeing this post http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=630587&highlight=blue+magic I was like I gotta get me some Blue Magic, but since I'm cheap and didn't want a jar of something I might not use I went to my sister's room and took her jar.

I've been using about 2 weeks. SO I ask her if she realized it was gone and she :lachen:and said I been looking for it, but you know it's not just the grease right? I'm like:ohwell: what's in it. She says pine tar. Now I have no ideal what pine tar is or what it does, but I know my face has been breaking out since I've been using this grease. From my chin to my cheeks I have a bumpy itchy rash from where my hair touched my face:nono:.

I'm trying to ride it out and hope my skin gets used to the grease because I really like it on my hair, but the itching is killing me. What the heck is pine tar?

manter26

You didn't ask her why the pine tar was in there? I wanna know too.
I'm thinking twice about taking products from my sister now... :perplexed

leona2025

manter26 I did. She said some lady at her job uses it and that the women mixed it up for her.:ohwell: Everybody at her job has broken off ate up hair.:perplexed

pookaloo83 Thanks pook about to read that thread.

Honey Bee

Haha, I remember you saying you took your sister's Blue Magic. That's :lol: and :ohwell: at the same damn time.

leona2025

Hmmmm. Did you ever ask her where she got the pine tar from or why she was using it ?

I did. My sister has pretty thick hair. It has so much potential, but she is busy and lazy about her hair care so she only wants things that can be left in:look:.

The lady at her job brought her a jar of this grease already mixed up. I really hate that I don't know exactly what it is. She could have put pee in that jar for all I know.:sad:

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
i am sooooooo sorry that stuff is breaking you out! your hair is beautiful, so i hope no damage occurs. i would stop using it if i were you.

(but i did have to laugh at you stealing from your sis. LOL) :)

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
As far as I know, pine tar and coal tar are used to treat scalp conditions like dandruff, sebhoric dermatitis, eczema, and psoriasis. I don't know how well it works, but thats what they use it for.

leona2025

MrsJaiDiva said:
As far as I know, pine tar and coal tar are used to treat scalp conditions like dandruff, sebhoric dermatitis, eczema, and psoriasis. I don't know how well it works, but thats what they use it for.

Thanks. I definitely don't have any of the above problems. I was hoping it was for thickness or something.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Pine tar is good for hair growth according to old school hair practices. My mother would use this on me as a child after she hot combed my hair and slicked it in a pony tail. My grandma would mix it up and on Saturday, we'd all get our hair done. Of course, the ingredients weren't on the healthy hair list. I think I will revisit this though, since I am doing protective styling until the end of the year.

leona2025

*CherryPie* said:
Girl, go and by yourself a new jar. That "riding it out" is ridiculous.:lol:

Lol girl I think it's the coconut oil. I'm allergic to every oil I ever put in my hair and they break out my face. The rash is mostly gone and doesn't itch.

leona2025

DDTexlaxed said:
Pine tar is good for hair growth according to old school hair practices. My mother would use this on me as a child after she hot combed my hair and slicked it in a pony tail. My grandma would mix it up and on Saturday, we'd all get our hair done. Of course, the ingredients weren't on the healthy hair list. I think I will revisit this though, since I am doing protective styling until the end of the year.

How did they use it? Did they grease the scalp or something? I will see how it goes.

cutenss

I remember when Blue Magic mixed with Vaseline Intensive Care Lotion (the old yellow one) was my staple when I lived in FL, in HS. I remember that I would curl my hair almost every day. I had the longest, thickest, healthiest hair. I also use to wash almost every day. But I did that was because all of my friends were white, and that is what they did. I was relaxed then, too. I miss that hair :ohwell:

FoxxyLocs

My mom used to grease my scalp with Dax w/pine tar when I had dandruff. I hated the smell.

Sent from my HTC Evo

Iluvsmuhgrass

Pine tar was the absolute business back in the day. It made my hair grow like wildfire but it stunk to high heaven. It's hard to get close to your SO when your hair smells like a box full of hawt dayum. :look: :lachen:

LadyMacgyver

OK you said you was cheap the reason why you took her jar.. OK now how cheap are u because I thought Blue Magic was cheap...:grin: Please go get u a new jar especially if you are itching a lot.. :nono:

JayAnn0513

I make 30 look good!
LadyMacgyver said:
OK you said you was cheap the reason why you took her jar.. OK now how cheap are u because I thought Blue Magic was cheap...:grin: Please go get u a new jar especially if you are itching a lot.. :nono:

It's like $2-3 for a huge jar, lol

leona2025

LadyMacgyver said:

Lol it's not just that I'm cheap. I didn't want an extra jar of something I wouldn't use so I wanted to try it out first. Idk where you ladies get your products. When I went to the bss the jar was $7. Lol. That's not expensive, but if I can try before I buy it makes me happier.

LadyMacgyver

Lol it's not just that I'm cheap. I didn't want an extra jar of something I wouldn't use so I wanted to try it out first. Idk where you ladies get your products. When I went to the bss the jar was $7. Lol. That's not expensive, but if I can try before I buy it makes me happier.

OK.. Now I understand..:grin: $7 is a lot for Blue Magic.. Maybe its the store or area that choose to charge that much.. I wonder too if they charge $7 being that is becoming more popular like it was back in the day.. I got the leave in conditioner and I think that was $4 or $5.