An Ode to Oyin Handmade:

chebaby

im glad this thread was started too because ever since i purchased the whipped pudding i have been in love.
also you all should watch scandalousbeauty youtube videos on oyin. thats how i decided to take that hour long drive to the store. she's also the one that got me started on spritsing my hair damp before moisturizing.

jamyla should make a hair oil. or can i use the bath oil as a hair oil??

PhonyBaloney500

Hold up there's a store now? Uh oh! Its probably upstate I bet!

Anyway love Oyin! I've been using it for years!

I love: whipped pudding, greg juice, shine & define (guess I'm the only one!), the lipbalms (the best!), the after-bath oil, the candy bar (lotion in "deoderant" type packaging), and funk butter.

So-so for me were the honey hemp conditioner and burnt sugar pomadé (super greasy but perhaps I will try it to seal like some ladies here are doing). I used the poo bar years ago and it was fine from what I recall.

sydwrites

I love Oyin's stuff too, I drove to the store to save on shipping and time. The prices are the same as on the site, although they have coupon codes for the site sometimes. I have the whipped pudding, the juices and berries, the burnt sugar pomade, the shine and define and the honey hemp conditioner. They all smell wonderful and I have done reviews of most of them on my blog.

Morenita

Thank you OP for starting this thread. I am a huuuge oyin fan! I mostly use her bath and body products such as the honeysticks, soaps, body bars and especially the afterbath oil!
I can't live without it!!
I use the Whipped pudding on my face too and it is a wonderful body butter.
Some of her hair products such as the juices,the conditioner have orange oil so i can't use it..
but I like using the burnt sugar pomade from time to time...

im glad this thread was started too because ever since i purchased the whipped pudding i have been in love.
also you all should watch scandalousbeauty youtube videos on oyin. thats how i decided to take that hour long drive to the store. she's also the one that got me started on spritsing my hair damp before moisturizing.

jamyla should make a hair oil. or can i use the bath oil as a hair oil??

You're welcome! Hey, I do what I can :drunk: I will check out that You Tube video! I am itching to try the bath/body products as well, especially after hearing that they are just as good.

Jhuidah

For the person upthread who said they have sticky issues with the Greg Juice: try mixing it with spring or distilled water. I do half and half, but try different mixes to see what works for you. I find that when it's diluted it keeps the detangling properties, but it's not at all sticky no matter how much I spray on. And you have the bonus of two bottles for the price of one--a great bonus for those of us who are heavy handed or budget conscious (I am both).

La Colocha

For the person upthread who said they have sticky issues with the Greg Juice: try mixing it with spring or distilled water. I do half and half, but try different mixes to see what works for you. I find that when it's diluted it keeps the detangling properties, but it's not at all sticky no matter how much I spray on. And you have the bonus of two bottles for the price of one--a great bonus for those of us who are heavy handed or budget conscious (I am both).

This is a wonderful idea, does adding water affect the shelf life of the product and do you have to keep it in the fridge or will it be ok? Doing it this way will last me forever. Me and my little one share these and between the both of us its going fast.

Jhuidah

This is a wonderful idea, does adding water affect the shelf life of the product and do you have to keep it in the fridge or will it be ok? Doing it this way will last me forever. Me and my little one share these and between the both of us its going fast.

You know, I can't say that I have seen a difference in the shelf-life. To be on the safe side, I keep the bottle I am not using in the fridge. I've seen somewhere (on the Oyin site?) that she recommends keeping things in the fridge if you're going to have them longer than a 6-month period. But nothing I've had that's lasted longer than 6 months has gone bad, so...who's to say?

tkj25

Oyin is a wonderful product. All of the products are awesome.

i agree. tried them several years ago (greg juice & whipped pudding) love them & their ingredients! i think the only reason i didn't keep purchasing was because of the small sizes -- i got a lotta hair that drinks up a lotta product, which gets real expensive, real quick :) ... and around this time i got into making my own stuff from wholesale ... but they are definitely a good, solid hair care line.

chebaby

yall should order from curlmart if you want faster shipping. when i want to try the body products then i will order from oyin because curlmart only sale certain products by them.

Morenita

Gee Thanks Morenita For the Big Nudge: I think it would be My Appointed Duty to check it Out!:rolleyes:

Especially the way Ya'll are going on & on. I looked at the site a coupla' weeks ago and slowly........backed out.:look:

:grin:

yall should order from curlmart if you want faster shipping. when i want to try the body products then i will order from oyin because curlmart only sale certain products by them.

I agree :arrowup:

chebaby

i moisturized my hair last night with the whipped pudding before putting on my night cap and woke up to soft hair. i really love this stuff.
tomorrow in the morning i will use the whipped pudding on wet hair and seal with burnt sugar pomade. i love that stuff. sometimes i go into fits where i cant stop smelling the stuff. i love it all.

chebaby

im still using and loving the honey hemp conditioner. as a co wash its good but as a deep conditioner my hair is sooooooo in love when i rinse it out. my curl just pop all over the place.

and about adding water to the juices. this really is your best bet becuase i still have two full bottles because i added water to my first bottle. my first bottle is almost empty and when it is im going to do half and half on the greg juice to make 2 bottles and i will still have a full juices and berries. and imo it works better with the added water.

sydwrites

I'm still loving the whipped pudding and i'm starting to love the burnt sugar pomade. I originally thought the pomade would be for slicking down my hair, but since its more of an oil thats solid like someone said that wasnt it's strong point for these naps. Its good for the skin as well. I've used it to dry twist and moisturize my hair in straight styles; the smell and shine is great! I love it now. I used the shine and define on twists and it did well, the twist out looked really cute and it smells great but it does have a funny consistency. I got the 2oz which is really generous, but im sure whether or not ill repurchase. Whipped pudding is really nice; thick and creamy and my hair is moist and soft after applying; a staple. I like the juices and berries spray as well; they gave me a little tester but ill have to purchase this. The honey hemp conditioner was just so-so as a conditioner; more of a nice leave-in for me, but the smell is amazing.

BrooklynSouth

My Oyin sample pack is so great. I love the FRANK JUICE for detangling. The HONEY/HEMP CONDITIONER is so good for softening my hair. I applied it to wet hair then waited an hour before rinsing it out. Frank juice then the WHIPPED PUDDING followed by a litttle bit of SHINE/DEFINE to my twists. My natural curl is prominent, tangle free and smells so, so good. My natural hair may not need anything else again...I know I'll still be using other things due to the cost of the Oyin products...but the OYIN products are guaranteed results.

Kimiche

I've heard good things about Oyin.
I just placed an order for:

Juices & Berries
Whipped Pudding
Honey Hemp Conditioner

I hope these products work out for me.

spritex

I am a fan of the juices and berries spray leave-in. It's so convenient and though a bit sticky, smells awesome.
I like the whipped pudding for my skin - my hair is not a fan of shea butter containing products. Shine and define gives a nice twist out.
If I were to re-purchase 1 item it would be the juices and berries.

chebaby

i just fell back in love with the burnt sugar pomade. that stuff lays the front of my hair down and keeps it soft and shiny all day long.

isabella09

I've also heard good things about Oyin and have placed an order for the Honey Hemp Conditioner. I like how versatile the product sounds but plan on using at a leave-in because i'm so in need of one.

Keedah

Bumping cause I originally went to the site to order the Honey Hemp Condish but my cart is full of over $60 in products now.

empressri

I love their entire line. When I twist my hair, I have moisture for DAYS. I use the shampoo bar first, then the honeywash, then condition with the honey hemp. To twist I use dabs of whipped pudding mixed with shine and define, and put the pomade at the roots and ends. I spritz with one of the juices throughout the week. When I take the twists out, my hair is soooo moisturized I can leave my hair out for another week.

Don't get me started on their body products too!! Their coco mango bar and candy bar are the only moisturizers I can use on my face for the fall and winter (respectively). Sometimes I used the after bath oil or their whipped shea on my face at night in the winter as well. I wish they would bring back that black soap!!! The fizzy bath stuff is great as well, smells yummy and leaves your skin HELLA soft!

msa

And they have the nerve to start making the Honey Hemp in a 32oz size...I need to buy my sister some and send it to her in France.