All-Time Best Hair Grower: LEAVE IT ALONE!

caliscurls

[QUOTE="faithVA, post: 21901583, member: 292332"

I'm hoping as my hair grows out I can just braid it up and wash in braids and keep that style for a month. That could be a win win.[/QUOTE]

This is basically what I'm doing now and my hair is thriving. My hair is in twists 24/7 including when washed. Its helping me get over a retention slump I was in and I find it easier to maintain even though it takes several hours to redo the twists. Low manipulation (including on wash day) is a winner.

HappyAtLast

Simplicity & Peacefulness
My hair likes to be left alone but my scalp lives water. When I was younger I was able to just keep the same style for a while and leave it alone. Over time my scalp dehydrated and my hair thinner.

Now trying to find a healthy balance between the two. My scalp is winning out right now needing at least a wash once a week but I keep it in flat twist in between washes.

I'm hoping as my hair grows out I can just braid it up and wash in braids and keep that style for a month. That could be a win win.
@faithVA your hair looks really nice and healthy in your avatar. I think I remember reading a while back that you discovered the cause of a setback after you had a Komaza evaluation. Your hair looks great!

faithVA

@faithVA your hair looks really nice and healthy in your avatar. I think I remember reading a while back that you discovered the cause of a setback after you had a Komaza evaluation. Your hair looks great!
Thank you. It has definitely gotten better. It likes regular doses of water.

Yeah the Komaza analysis revealed I had heat damage so I had to start all over. Hopefully in 6 months I will be back to where I was before I bug chopped.