All I wanted for my Bday was a Nano-titanium flat iron and a heat pass :D Pic

sheba1

So! I'm hiding my hair til March, on a mission to get to BSB. My hair has been in cornrows for the last 5 weeks or so and I've been cowashing and applying growth aides daily. So far, so good... but then it happened. It may have actually been several things:

1) I saw Fab's hair in her Dreamhair BKT reveal :spinning:; this caused an extreme need to own a nano-titanium flat iron. I did some research and decided on a Croc2 that I ordered from ebay.

2) The Croc2 ARRIVED :yep:

3) This is my birthday weekend

All of these things caused me to HAVE TO flat iron my hair. There was no fighting it. I detangled my hair, shampooed and DC'd with John Freida clear shine glaze mixed with color showers black and Rusk Smoothing Keratin treatment (Fab.... again :rolleyes:)

Pic below. I definitely needed a trim but was too tired to do it last night. I did it this morning before washing my hair in preparation to braid it back up til March. Well, hopefully. Might sneak one more heat pass in there. :lol:

I'm excited. This is officially the longest and healthiest my hair has ever been. And I :heart2: my new flat iron. Yawl can have that Runway for umpteen hundred dollars... I'll take my $85 Croc :yep:

Last edited:

AnitaTheLengths

WOW! You'll reach your goal waaaaay before March! Your hair looks fab! I love the color and the shine.

It's my birthday weekend too! Happy Birthday Libra!

AtlantaJJ

Get it girl, your hair is blangin' :bling:

You will be past your goal by March, after your trim you'll be dead on!

I thought I told you about Cellophanes, I swear by them, and they make my grays look like funky highlights!! :yay: Sheba!!

Dak

Wow, your hair looks great! So shiny & thick. The first time straightening natural hair can be such a surprise, all that length you didn't know you had!

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :birthday2

sheba1

Thank you, ladies!

WOW! You'll reach your goal waaaaay before March! Your hair looks fab! I love the color and the shine.

It's my birthday weekend too! Happy Birthday Libra!

Oooh happy birthday, ATL!! :party: Thank you for the kind words. I'm so excited. Looks like I'm closer than I thought!

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Fab'll do it everytime. LOL!

Your hair looks great, Sheba and Happy Blessed Birthday to ya! What a great way to celebrate with all that gorgeous healthy hair. You are awesome, Girlie. Really you are.

{{{BIG BIRTHDAY HUG}}}

now tell me more about that Croc...

Dove56

Sheba,

Happy B-day lady!!!! Your hair looks gorgeous! It's really growing and so thick!!! I might need to try those cellophanes, since I dyed my hair back black!

isabella09

:dance7: Happy Birthday! You did a great job, your hair looks beautiful :clapping:.
:yep: I saw Fab’s hair in her Dreamhair BKT reveal it was beautiful.

lwilliams1922

WOW!

My first thought was to say why not leave it out for your bday.
... then I realized you must be on to something, so keep doing what you are doing.

Tafa01

I saw it now. It is beautiful!!! WOW!
So shiny and healthy. I have no doubt you will reach your goal. You are almost there already.

sheba1

Get it girl, your hair is blangin' :bling:

You will be past your goal by March, after your trim you'll be dead on!

I thought I told you about Cellophanes, I swear by them, and they make my grays look like funky highlights!! :yay: Sheba!!

Girl, if you told me, I my ears must have been acting up. I'm listening now, dog on it! I loves it!!

Wow, your hair looks great! So shiny & thick. The first time straightening natural hair can be such a surprise, all that length you didn't know you had!

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :birthday2

Thank you, Dak!! Your hair is so awesome!

Fab'll do it everytime. LOL!

:yep:

Your hair looks great, Sheba and Happy Blessed Birthday to ya! What a great way to celebrate with all that gorgeous healthy hair. You are awesome, Girlie. Really you are.

{{{BIG BIRTHDAY HUG}}}

Awww thank you so much, Bronze! You are the best.

now tell me more about that Croc...

Girl! That Croc2 is a beast! The plates are so smooth, shiny and reflective, like mirrors.

It's supposed to be some hot new thing in some salons. There is one naturally curly girl on youtube that swears by it because her stylist uses it and she says it makes her hair look naturally straight as opposed to a straightened curly girl; if that makes any sense?

All I know is one swipe at 400 is all I need to get my hair the smoothest it's ever been. I can't wait to use it to do my BKT reveal in March! I'm getting worked up just thinking about it. :lol:

Sheba,

Happy B-day lady!!!! Your hair looks gorgeous! It's really growing and so thick!!! I might need to try those cellophanes, since I dyed my hair back black!

Thank you, Veejee!!! Go for it! Although I don't see how your hair could need any more bling or shine :spinning:

I can't see the pic :-(
Happy bday girl...Mine is tomorrow!!

So is mine, Taf!!! We have the same birthday! :birthday2: Happy birthday to you!!!!

morehairplease

Happy birthday to you sweetie! I am so happy that the croc 2 worked well for you b/c I was looking to purchase it for Christmas this year. I wish I knew of someone that did the bkt treatment here in Memphis b/c you & fab's hair look awesome!

sheba1

Thank you everyone :wiggle: You girls really no how to make a hair lover feel good. Sigh... You know I'm only 10 months into my hair care journey. By year two, I'm gonna have some slammin hair. That's all I'm sayin! :D

Happy birthday to you sweetie! I am so happy that the croc 2 worked well for you b/c I was looking to purchase it for Christmas this year. I wish I knew of someone that did the bkt treatment here in Memphis b/c you & fab's hair look awesome!

Thank you, Morehairplease!!!

Girl, get you one!! And use Fab's idea to get you an extra 5 to 10%. :yep: Go to bing.com and do a search for "camera". Click on the link to get cash back at ebay and then click on the supplier of your choice and pay with paypal. You can get $8 or more cash back!

*fabulosity*

OMG Sheba!!! Look how LONG it is!! Gorgeous girl!!! It is soooo shiny... You gonna send me on the mission for some John Frieda color glaze....

We are kindred Libran spirits!! I'm so glad you love the Rusk (isn't it just Fab??? :love:)

Mystic

Had to stop by and say my my. Your hair has grown extremely well in such a short time with the BKT. It looks healthy, has a lot of body, and straightens beautifully with lots of shine. I am so proud of you for the wonderful progress you are making with your hair.

Stella B.

Happy birthday, Sheba!!!!! :grin: You and your birthday hair are looking great! Now that you've done your length check for this year, and used your one heat pass, put the new, shiny, sleek nano titanium flat iron away before you get too happy with it! :spinning: Your hair is growing like crazy-you'll reach your next goal in no time!

cutenss

Hey :sunshine:
:eek:WWWHHHOOOAAA!!! Your hair looks GORGEOUS!!! I was not expecting all that! You goal is staring right back at ya. I am so happy for you :yahoo:, and Happy Birthday. Libras are the best(my mommy is one :yep:) I hope that you have the best birthday EVER. You and BKT should marry because yall are a match made in hair-ven. :wave: