air dry then flat iron?

LiLi

Although, I don't flat iron very often anymore. I always air-dried my hair before flat ironing. The key is not to put too many products on your hair if you want your hair to come out light and w/movement. I wash/condition put Loreal Smooth-Intense Serum all throughout my hair (I like this serum because no matter how much you put on it never weighs the hair down) air-dry or sit under the dryer with my hair in two side ponytails (if I need my hair to dry faster) and then I flat iron. I always got excellent results doing this.

hOnii

yep, this is what i do. i flat iron since my hair's underprocessed, so to just get it straight. once a week.

kombov_dymond

Everytime I flat-ironed I did it like this. I washed, then applied my products, and wet-wrapped. When it finished drying, I FI'ed. It always turned out sleek when I finished.

KinksnCurlz

ever since i got my maxiglide that's how i do it. they actually recommend u do it that way. anyhoo, i do this probably once every 6 weeks.

L

lkg4healthyhair

When I used heat I used to do this. I would wet wrap my hair and let it air dry like that. This made my fine hair very thick looking and almost straight. Then I would use a warm flat iron..It would look a lot thicker.

Angelicus

I used to do this. But my hair wasn't getting straight and extra smooth unless I flat ironed all the way down the hair shaft. I rollerset now, sit under the dryer, then flat iron my new growth only (weather permitting).

Shatani

CaramelHonee said:
ever since i got my maxiglide that's how i do it. they actually recommend u do it that way. anyhoo, i do this probably once every 6 weeks.
same here!

Champagne_Wishes

A broke graduate
Well I don't flat iron my hair that much anymore but I used to sit under a hood dryer on the medium cool setting and then flat iron my hair. Personally I am trying to get used to my hair in its relaxed state. It's a whole set of rules that just doesn't apply.

Tru_Mind

I air dry then flat iron too. I tie a satin scarf around my damp hair and let it hair dry during the day/night. However, I have to use a blow drier for about 30sec to 1min and blow out my hair or else my hair will be stuck to my head.