Relaxed Ladies Who Flat Iron...please chime in!

What do you do prior to flat-ironing?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KhandiB

I usually airdry to about 80% with Mane N Tail Leave in
I blowdry on low heat with no comb
After dry I use Amika Moroccan Oil Serum
Separate hair into 6 sections and flat iron small sections
I finish with Motions Crème Hairdress and Oil Sheen.

And I get this

Poopiedo

I apply Aphogee Leave in and Green Tea Recon then Kera Care Foam Wrap and Chi Silk Infusion. I comb my hair straight down and get under my dryer. Once dry, I flat iron with my FHI parting small sections at a time. I do not apply any additional oils or sprays.

bbdgirl

I always air dry and then flat iron. I dont flatiron often but when I do I use the chi which doesnt have temp control...and it's hot! And besides it gets my hair super straight as it is.

Pink Pearls

I usually apply my serum (Kerastase Oleo-Relax) to damp hair, apply my leave in's (Kerastase Sublimateur Jour and Nectar Thermique), air dry or roller set two ponytails, and flat iron.

outspokenwallflower

I'm transitioning now...but my routine is pretty simple. I basically wash it in the shower. I then do a DC under the dryer for 30 mins or I just leave it on for an hour or so without going under the dryer. I rinse it out in the shower again. After that I comb it out, add some John Freida heat protectant, then I add his frizz ease serum, then I add some setting lotion and comb my hair straight down. I then spray on a little more heat protectant and frizz ease serum. I get under the hooded dryer for an hour. My hair is still normally wet bc it takes FOREVER to dry. I then re-situate my hair so the damp places can get heat and dry faster. After that I either flat iron it immediately orrrr just go to sleep and flat iron the next day.

I've found that flat ironing the next day gives a better result bc the hair has had time to marinate and get fully dry. Otherwise, flat ironing right out of the dryer goes well...but it normally looks better the morning after as well.

But when it comes down to actually flat ironing my hair, I just add some oil sheen and get to it...lol. Last time I used Argon oil and oil sheen together for the first time ever, and that worked nicely as well. I don't brush my hair...only comb it and it looks fine after. I then wrap my hair with a silk scarf until it is time for me to get dressed or go out in public.

I am going to try the bolded this weekend. I've never waited the next day after blowdrying/air drying to flat iron my hair but I think it makes sense to have it cool down or marinate before using the iron. That way, the day I will be out and about, my hair will be freshly styled anyway:grin: