Which is Healther: Air Dry/Hotter Flat Iron or Roller Set/Cooler Flat Iron?

NYLegalNewbie

Next week, I'm due for a dusting as well as a flat ironing to check length.

For about a month, I have only been air drying. So far, my hair likes it. It does not dry crunchy but is nice and soft. However, because my ends are poofy, it requires a bit more heat from a flat iron to get them straight (now, I just bought a Solia flat iron which I will be using for the first time Saturday). Also, note that I don't flat iron more than once a month nowadays.

I've noticed that when I roller set (I use the low/warm heat setting, not high...unfortunately the dry only has two heat settings), I can get away with using a cooler temperature when I flat iron.

So which is probably better for the hair:

Air drying and then using a fairly hot flat iron (only passing over the hair once)?

Or roller setting and using a cooler flat iron (possibly having to pass over the hair about 2 times)?

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I would say roller setting first because your hair will already be semi-straight due to the set so therefore you won't have to have a really hot flat iron and you shouldn't have to pass the iron down but one quick pass.

When I straighten my hair I plan to do a roller set and silk wrap then flat iron. By doing the silk wrap my hair should be pretty much straight w/o using direct heat so when I flat iron it it won't take much to get it bone straight.