Affirm who??? Phytospecific relaxer results!!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
MonaLisa said:
Co-signing...looking good DSD!!!:D (had to add - I love the blingyness *that dayum word won't die!) of the hair!!!!! It looks so good girl. I feel proud!

..and @ DSD I'm LMBO on 92387329th person who has said how great their hair felt. I think I was 92387323!
Thank you, thank you!!:D

There was no way I was going to put my hair up in a bun so soon after the fabulous results I got! I wore it down on Saturday and Sunday.:look:

Oh, that comment from Dreemsold was hilarious!! Immo have to use that one sometimes!! :lachen:

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
CandiceC said:
lol @ **Somebody pass the phyto collection plate around** :laugh:

Thanks for the info DSD and MonaLisa! My relaxer did arrive and I'll be applying it tonight. I'm just going to mix half and see how far that gets me. I'm so excited. I'll be back to update everyone- with pics. :grin:

I can't wait to hear your results!! Good Luck!!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
natalied said:
Some more questions for you DSD:

1) Did you use a leave-in after conditioning? If so, what?
2) Did you blow-dry before flat ironing? If so, did you use a serum/heat protectant?

Thanks.
1)I used Pantene detangling spray. That's it!
2)Yes I did blowdry before flatironing. That's a must for me. I used just a little Lotion Motion #9 and Elucence Silk Hydrating Elixer(this is a wonderful heat protectant and it doesn't weigh my hair down)

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
vickiepickles said:
You all, I am soooo excited. I have a box I just got yesterday that I will use later, but I don't have the guts to put it on myself, so I have a salon appointment in New Orleans on Saturday!
Good Luck!!

Nova

DSD - Great results. Your progress encourages me to stay on track with my regime whenever I get lazy. Keep inspiring us!

Lena_1961

February 10, 2005

Hello All!

I am new to this website as of today :)

I just wanted to know IF anyone knows IF Phytospecific products can be used on short hair approx 2" in length or shorter? Also can this product grow your hair out? I don't necessarily want to grow my hair long, just give it the same length over all and for it to be healthy! I also have different types of textures of hair, and want my hair to be ONE texture....if possible...

And finally, does anyone KNOW if Phytospecific products can be used to give your hair a texturized or wavy look, and IF there are any products in the product line that can accommodate a curly look or style? I also do NOT want to have to use heat implements either. Just wash 'n wear hair IF possible ;)

I am SO very enthusiastic about using the Phytospecific products, because as an African-American woman, I have read MANY glowing reports about the use of Phytospecific products by women of color on THIS website and other websites, and how this particular product is very gentle and NOT harsh as the 'traditional' relaxers were that we ladies HAD to use..... :)

ANY information anyone here could give to me would be GREATLY appreciated.

God Bless you all ~

Lena :Rose:

oglorious1

Mixologist
You're hair looks amazing, I'm almost tempted to buy the stuff and become relaxed again, after more than 10 years being natural...

RUBY

dontspeakdefeat,

You have a really excellent photo album, very imformative, well done.

dreemssold

:lol: @Mo. Thanks, ArabianPrincess and DSD for answering...I think I gotcha ;). DSD, yes, your ends do look great, too...thanks for sharing :up:!

kitchen_tician

WOW!!! Your hair looks awesome!!! Your hair is making great progress. I'm glad you had a great experience with the Phyto. I thought about it, but No-Lye relaxers and I just don't get along in the end. :( Keep up the good work DSD!!! :)

alibi

hair bored
Ahem...you heffas need to keep it down in this Phyto thread! :look: Ya'll are so loud up in here that I heard you all the way from the Entertainment board and had to come in too see what all the fuss was about! :lol: DSD, you're hair does look wonderful! :up: But can ya'll please calm it down a bit...there are those of me - I mean us - that just transitioned to natural that have a day or three where we remember outr relaxed tresses and would at least like to see what all the Phyto fuss is about! :look:

sengschick

The Bun Master
ayanapooh said:
Ahem...you heffas need to keep it down in this Phyto thread! :look: Ya'll are so loud up in here that I heard you all the way from the Entertainment board and had to come in too see what all the fuss was about! :lol: DSD, you're hair does look wonderful! :up: But can ya'll please calm it down a bit...there are those of me - I mean us - that just transitioned to natural that have a day or three where we remember outr relaxed tresses and would at least like to see what all the Phyto fuss is about! :look:
:lachen: @ Ayana. I've even stopped opening all the Phyto treads and I'm a user!!! Phyto's great and all but it ain't the second coming!!! :lol:

Congrats DSD! Happy it worked out so well. I touched up last Wednesday night and I never wear my hair down, but I have for the last two days now b/c I went ahead and ironed it out. It's so pretty if I may say so myself! ;) Your results are fabulous. :yep:

@Lena: I'm not sure why your hair length would matter. If it's already relaxed you may want wait until u have more new growth to make sure you don't overlap. But other than that I think you're okay. I use the product to texturize my hair. There's some pics in my album of a wash n' wear. But the end result depends heavily on techinque and timing. I use Index 1 to make sure I don't release too much curl, but if you work it too much (depending on hair type) you could still lose it. So it's in the application. Same thing w/evening up textures. You'd have to monitor those differing areas for differing results that might make it more uniform. The relaxer is going to do it's thing, it doesn't sense differing hair types and adjust, only you can attempt to control that in application and rinsing time. As far as making your hair grow... no relaxer does that either. It can be a step in your healthy hair practices that lead you to healthier, longer hair.

pebbles

ayanapooh said:

LOL! You are crazy! :lachen:

aqualung

UmSumayyah said:
I'm trying to hold out until 17 weeks but all these phyto threads are making it very hard.
I'm at 8 weeks and holding too. I need to wash and rollerset my hair this weekend -- I've been stalling for a while.

I'll probably halve the Phytorelaxer to get 2 touchups out of one box.

My last 2 attempts at self-relaxing were disappointing, but maybe Phytorelaxer will be more forgiving.

DSD, I am also inspired by your success story!

sengschick

The Bun Master
Oh yeah, I meant to add that. I've only self relaxed twice now and I'm sure it's my lack of skill but I take a whole box of relaxer to touch-up. I would have had extra left, but not enough for a second application. I used the access to correct, I think in the future it'll just be lost product. Maybe on third box I'll have enuff saved for an actual touch up. :ohwell:

kytrona

DSD,
Your hair looks lovely as always...You're great for sharing your wonderful progress with us :kiss: I'ts very inspiring :)

Bee6

Truly Outrageous
Your hair...:notworthy I'll be relaxing after my braid challenge and I'll definitely be trying this. Where's the best place to order?

Armyqt

dreemssold said:
Ooooo, it came out really pretty, DSD :clap:! I planned to use mine next Wednesday, but once it gets here, I can't make any promises to wait :D. I have a question, though, but it's pretty dumb. You are now the 92387329th person who has said how great their hair felts...why is all the hair feeling different when it just goes on the root? I KNOW this is a dumb question, because I know how different my whole head feels when I get a relaxer, too, but I am hoping someone will have an answer I can wrap my head around, because I assume all the hair is feeling better not only than what it felt pre-relaxer but also than post any other relaxer. Shoot, I hope this makes sense. Anyway, your hair looks great, and I see great progress, too! Brastrap, here we come :D!

Dreems, the reason why your whole head looks different after a relaxer is because the relaxer cream passes through the length of the hair during the rinse/neutralize process. If you factor in the time it takes your hair to be neutralized, it's been on those strands a few minutes. THat's why it's important to protect the previously relaxed hair with conditioner or oil or something. With the Phyto, my whole head was also looking better. BUt it has a more conditioned look and feel. I LOVE it :up:

sharee

DSD's hair is amazing...now I have to run out of this thread and go chant...sharee will keep transitioning....keep transitioning....stop looking at the phyto people...

KAddy

Your hair looks fabulous DSD.

the Shine!

GO PHYTORELAXER!!

onepraying

Healthy Hair Quest..
Armyqt said:
Dreems, the reason why your whole head looks different after a relaxer is because the relaxer cream passes through the length of the hair during the rinse/neutralize process. If you factor in the time it takes your hair to be neutralized, it's been on those strands a few minutes. THat's why it's important to protect the previously relaxed hair with conditioner or oil or something. With the Phyto, my whole head was also looking better. BUt it has a more conditioned look and feel. I LOVE it :up:

You mentioned that one should protect the previously relaxed hair when touching up. However, the Phyto gave your whole head a conditioned look and feel. Is this because you didn't protect the hair? Meaning, you allowed the Phyto to pass through your previously relaxed hair unprotected, thus giving you these new results?

~op~