Important relaxer question regarding Phytospecific

Unknown

Hello everyone,
I have recently heard about Phytospecific Index 2 relaxer
and I read very good reviews about it, my hair is very curley. I have relaxed my hair once about 2 months ago with
Glatt-0 naturalizing relaxer and my hair became straight but very dry and wavy once it got dry. My questions are:
-Is the phytospecific relaxer really good and is it better then the Glatt-0 relaxer(for anyone that heard about it)
-Can I use it on my hair even though I relaxed my hair 2 months ago, because I don't want to wait for my hair to grow natural again and than use the relaxer

Please help!
Thank you very much

SherryLove

I really cannot say because I have never used Glatt 0....You should be okay using Phytorelaxer for your next touch up as long as Glatt 0 is not a thio based relaxer.

HTH

patience

Like Sherrylove, I've never used this relaxer. However, I would suggest that you wait and apply it only to your new growth. From reading your post, it sounds as though you want to apply it to hair that is already relaxed. Doing this could REALLY result in you having some serious damage.

As for the dryness, drinking adequate water and deep conditioning (with heat) should help with that. If you want your hair to dry straight instead of wavy, you may want to try setting it on large rollers and then wrapping it once it is completely dry.

However, I would strongly suggest that you NOT relax relaxed hair...that could be a really good pathway to trouble.

patience

You should wait until you have adequate new growth...maybe about an inch or two. You probably should let a professional apply it. Memory serving me correctly about relaxers, you DON'T want to put a hydroxide based relaxer over a thio relaxer. The two don't mix well at all and can do some serious damage if not handled properly AND carefully.

SherryLove

[ QUOTE ]
patience said:
You should wait until you have adequate new growth...maybe about an inch or two. You probably should let a professional apply it. Memory serving me correctly about relaxers, you DON'T want to put a hydroxide based relaxer over a thio relaxer. The two don't mix well at all and can do some serious damage if not handled properly AND carefully.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even though Phytorelaxer is not hydroxide-based, they still recommend YOU DO NOT USE IT AFTER A THIO-BASED RELAXER. Let the thio-based relaxer grow out or you can cut it out and then use Phytorelaxer. This way you will not risk serious hair damage and breakage....