Affirm who??? Phytospecific relaxer results!!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Hi everyone!! :wave:

I finally got a chance to use the phyto relaxer index 2 on last Friday!! :trampolin:

I was so scurred to try this relaxer because it is no lye and I was afraid that if I used it my hair would starting breaking off at the newgrowth...yada yada ya. I went through the the whole "if it ain't broke don't fix it phase" and the "I just spent 40 bucks on this affirm 2 months ago and I need to use it phase"

But after finally convincing myself that it can't be that bad I went ahead and did it. Before relaxing, I took a deep breath and jumped right in. Well you can already guess what the results are.....amazing!!

This relaxer is absolutely amazing. It left my newly relaxed hair soft, moisturized and silky. It is a huge difference in the phyto relaxed hair and the affirm relaxed hair. Somehow though, my entire head of hair is bouncy and shiny and I actually wore my hair down for 2 days because I was in love with the way it looked. I got so many compliments from family and friends.

Well all I have to say is.....Phyto for Life!!

I have pics in my album if you want to take a looksy!!

Take care,

DSD

UmSumayyah

Let me be the first to congratulate you!

I just got my PHYTO in the mail a few minutes ago. So DSD, how much unstretched newgrowth did you have, and did you have any problems having enough? Do you have thick hair?

TIA.

Oh yeah: The PHYTOPUSHA strikes again! :lachen:

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
UmSumayyah said:

I just got my PHYTO in the mail a few minutes ago. So DSD, how much unstretched newgrowth did you have, and did you have any problems having enough? Do you have thick hair?

TIA.

Oh yeah: The PHYTOPUSHA strikes again! :lachen:

Thanks!!

I think I had about 3/4 in of unstretched newgrowth. I had plenty of relaxer left. I used some it to go over some underprocessed areas from my last relaxer It was still a hefty amount left. I was like "shoot next time I am gonna use half!!

That's great, DSD! My phytorelaxer should be delivered to my parent's house today. I plan to relax this evening. I've never relaxed my hair properly. With the tips I've gathered here and this great product I should get some excellent results. You said you're going to use half next time. Is that possible? Although it would be great way to cut costs I'd be afraid to mix it wrong.

L

lkg4healthyhair

Ok so now I have to get it for my next relaxer :)

Glad it worked out for you!

aqualung

DSD,
Any issues with tangling or excessive shedding during/after the Phytorelaxer Index 2 application?

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
CandiceC said:
That's great, DSD! My phytorelaxer should be delivered to my parent's house today. I plan to relax this evening. I've never relaxed my hair properly. With the tips I've gathered here and this great product I should get some excellent results. You said you're going to use half next time. Is that possible? Although it would be great way to cut costs I'd be afraid to mix it wrong.
This relaxer expands like the dickens when mixed. The jar was almost full! I have used no lye before and it is not an exact science with the mixing. You just have to follow the guides the best you can and everything will work out.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
megonw said:
DSD,
Any issues with tangling or excessive shedding during/after the Phytorelaxer Index 2 application?

I detangled my hair first with my new detangling comb and that made the application go really smooth. I lost the most hair during the initial detangling.

During the process I had no tangling or shedding. I had no tangling after but a little shedding. I think throughout the process I may have lost about 50-75 hairs. That's not too bad IMO!

dontspeakdefeat said:
This relaxer expands like the dickens when mixed. The jar was almost full! I have used no lye before and it is not an exact science with the mixing. You just have to follow the guides the best you can and everything will work out.

Thanks for sharing. I may try to split it in half and ask my mom to mix up the rest if it looks like I'm going to run out. I don't know how to gauge it since I've got 16 weeks of new growth. I've never gotten relaxed with this much new growth before. Did you use a separate container to mix the relaxer? What kind? Hope that's not a silly question. I'm not at my folks' house yet so I haven't had a chance to look at the kit.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
CandiceC said:
Thanks for sharing. I may try to split it in half and ask my mom to mix up the rest if it looks like I'm going to run out. I don't know how to gauge it since I've got 16 weeks of new growth. I've never gotten relaxed with this much new growth before. Did you use a separate container to mix the relaxer? What kind? Hope that's not a silly question. I'm not at my folks' house yet so I haven't had a chance to look at the kit.
You will need to use a plastic container to mix the relaxer if you seperate it. You can mix it in the container provided if you don't. If you have that much newgrowth you may want to consider mixing the entire jar.

MonaLisa

UmSumayyah said:

Hi UmSumayyah....May I ask how long your hair is....I didn't have any pics to refer to. I gather that your hair is thick...how long post last touch up are you that you need to open two boxes of the relaxer???

My pics are in my siggy if needed....my hair is not flowing down my back...but my stylist had more than enough left over after it was mixed.

U said u mix in halves...do u do one half one day...then the other half the next? If only one box is actually needed... I'm thinking...mix the whole thing up...use one half. Use the remainder the next day...I'm sure it would keep for 24 hrs.

MonaLisa

CandiceC said:
I don't know how to gauge it since I've got 16 weeks of new growth. I've never gotten relaxed with this much new growth before.

I got touched up at 14 weeks...and I know there had to be at least more than half left in the jar (already mixed) when my stylist was done applying.

dreemssold

Ooooo, it came out really pretty, DSD :clap:! I planned to use mine next Wednesday, but once it gets here, I can't make any promises to wait :D. I have a question, though, but it's pretty dumb. You are now the 92387329th person who has said how great their hair felts...why is all the hair feeling different when it just goes on the root? I KNOW this is a dumb question, because I know how different my whole head feels when I get a relaxer, too, but I am hoping someone will have an answer I can wrap my head around, because I assume all the hair is feeling better not only than what it felt pre-relaxer but also than post any other relaxer. Shoot, I hope this makes sense. Anyway, your hair looks great, and I see great progress, too! Brastrap, here we come :D!

MonaLisa

dreemssold said:
Ooooo, it came out really pretty, DSD :clap:! You are now the 92387329th person who has said how great their hair felts.... Anyway, your hair looks great, and I see great progress, too! Brastrap, here we come :D!

Co-signing...looking good DSD!!!:D (had to add - I love the blingyness *that dayum word won't die!) of the hair!!!!! It looks so good girl. I feel proud!

..and @ DSD I'm LMBO on 92387329th person who has said how great their hair felt. I think I was 92387323!

Last edited:

Solti

dreemssold said:
You are now the 92387329th person who has said how great their hair felts...why is all the hair feeling different when it just goes on the root?

I think it has something to do with the rinse out neutralizing process and milky reconstructor...I know one things for sure its no lie...After relaxing with phyto it feels like you just deep conditioned your hair. Its weird. And a black woman invented it...you gotta love phyto.

MonaLisa

Arabianprincess said:
I think it has something to do with the rinse out neutralizing process and milky reconstructor...I know one things for sure its no lie...After relaxing with phyto it feels like you just deep conditioned your hair. Its weird. And a black woman invented it...you gotta love phyto.

Go on and tell it Arabianprincess!! Preach it! Preach!!!!

**Somebody pass the phyto collection plate around**

lol @ **Somebody pass the phyto collection plate around** :laugh:

Thanks for the info DSD and MonaLisa! My relaxer did arrive and I'll be applying it tonight. I'm just going to mix half and see how far that gets me. I'm so excited. I'll be back to update everyone- with pics. :grin:

MonaLisa

CandiceC said:
lol @ **Somebody pass the phyto collection plate around** :laugh:

Thanks for the info DSD and MonaLisa! My relaxer did arrive and I'll be applying it tonight. I'm just going to mix half and see how far that gets me. I'm so excited. I'll be back to update everyone- with pics. :grin:

LOL...yw CandiceC. Happy Phytoing to you!!!:)

MomofThreeBoys

Some more questions for you DSD:

1) Did you use a leave-in after conditioning? If so, what?
2) Did you blow-dry before flat ironing? If so, did you use a serum/heat protectant?

Thanks.

Lena_1961

February 9, 2005

Hello All!

I am new to this forum as of today :)

I just wanted to know IF anyone knows IF you can use the Phytospecific products on hair that is very short, about 2" in length in the top and sided and about 1" in the back to grow it out? I don't necessarily want longer hair, just healthier hair with more uniform length, and I DON'T want to use ANY heat styling tools either anymore...a more naturaly curly style is what I am after IF I can attain it with the Phyto products...

I do not want to use the 'traditional' type of relaxers on my hair because I have combination type of hair (soft in some areas, hard or frizzy in other areas) in other words 'good/bad hair,' and don't want the 'bone straight' style either which would damage my hair ever further....

And lastly, I also want to know IF anyone knows if you can use any other type of products or even Phyto products on your hair to make it wavy or give it a more natural curl style? As a woman of color, I am VERY encouraged about Phytospecific, because of ALL of the glowing reports you ladies of color and other ladies of color have given to this product here, and on other websites :)

Any information anyone has about Phytospecific products as it relates to my questions would be greatly appreciated..

Lena_1961 :Rose:

Carlie

Your hair looks great DSD! I'm glad you're happy w. your new relaxer! :yep: .Oh, and your growth is absolutely amazing! :D

vickiepickles

All About Me!
You all, I am soooo excited. I have a box I just got yesterday that I will use later, but I don't have the guts to put it on myself, so I have a salon appointment in New Orleans on Saturday!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
dreemssold said:
Ooooo, it came out really pretty, DSD :clap:! I planned to use mine next Wednesday, but once it gets here, I can't make any promises to wait :D. I have a question, though, but it's pretty dumb. You are now the 92387329th person who has said how great their hair felts...why is all the hair feeling different when it just goes on the root? I KNOW this is a dumb question, because I know how different my whole head feels when I get a relaxer, too, but I am hoping someone will have an answer I can wrap my head around, because I assume all the hair is feeling better not only than what it felt pre-relaxer but also than post any other relaxer. Shoot, I hope this makes sense. Anyway, your hair looks great, and I see great progress, too! Brastrap, here we come :D!

Thanks!! :D

It one of those unexplainable phenomenons. The only thing I can narrow that down to is the reconstructor. That's the only thing I used on my entire head. Oh my, my ends feel fabulous and they were kinda dry feeling before hand.