Affirm Relaxer in Houston (Long)

nicki6

Ladies,ladies,
My search is over!!!
I have heard so many wonderful things about this relaxer and have been hunting for it for over 2 months now
I have been reluctant to order from sheldeez.com as there have been mixed reviews on their shipping issues.

Anyhoo.....I found the 4lb tub of Affirm lye conditioning relaxer (Normal strength)with 4oz bottle of Protecto for 29.99. The 5 in 1 Reconstructor (16oz) for 21.99 and the Normalizing shampoo (32oz) for 17.99. They also had the no lye version (Normal strength) in individual containers and Fiberguard in the 4lb tub for 34.99.

The beauty supply (Jolla Bella) is located in Southeast Houston (da hood). Address is 5939 Scott St. Suite C, Houston, TX 77021. (713)842-9550.

I am ECSTATIC to have found this product where I can get my PJ hands on it!!

Mocha1111

lol...it was me...below is a copy of the email I sent and their response.

Sent : Wednesday, May 5, 2004 6:03 PM
To : <--->
CC : "Lenora Redmond" <[email protected]>, "Florine Newell" <[email protected]>
Subject : RE: Email from avlon.com

Hi {---},
According to our Lab Administrator, there is no required expiration date for relaxers. However, to assure optimum performance, we recommend that the product is used within three years of production.

Thanks for your inquiry. If we can assist you further, don't hesitate to contact us. I can also be reached at 708/563-0363, Ext. 641.

Pat Edwards

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2004 1:36 PM
To: [email protected]
Cc: P Edwards
Subject: Email from avlon.com

What is the shelf life of your Affirm Conditioning Relaxer once opened?

nicolemc71

Thank you nicki6 for posting this information. I am in Austin and have been trying to find a place in Texas that sells Affirm products. I'm going to call them and hopefully they can ship.

nicki6

Nicolemc71,
You are most certainly welcome!!! When I walked in and found it, I almost broke out Cabbage Patching and the Running Man!!
I could tell from the look on the Asian lady's face that she was not expecting me to squeal when she pointed out the products.
They also had the Bigen hair color that I've been hearing raves on AND I picked up a K cutter comb (its the bomb). My hair is very kinky right now and it combed through with no snags

I'm perming tonight and will report back on my results.

nicki6

OK,
I just finished relaxing and here's the skinny.

Pro: My hair is feels very sleek and moisturized. I loss VERY little hair during combout. Most unusual for me.

Con; My hair is perhaps 70% straight.

Is this the norm for lye relaxer? Affirm users let me know. I am accustomed to bone straight hair. At this rate, I'd be relaxing every 4-6 weeks