Affirm Fiberguard HELP - Activator?

terica

Hey all!

I don't usually post since I can always find my answer using the search feature. Anyway, I have successfully relaxed before but for the first time I ordered "Affirm FiberGuard Step 2 Normal Creme Relaxer" from Sheldeez and it came with NO activator liquid. Was it suppose to? or does this mean it is the lye version?

The last time I relaxed with Affirm I bought if from the BSS back home and they gave me the 1oz liquid for each individual container I bought (small town - I got lucky). I need to relax badly this weekend (12 wks post). I have everything else (5 n 1, neutralizing etc).

Thanks for any help, you ladies have helped me come a very very long way.

Luv Ya!!!

It shouldn't have come with a liquid activator. It IS the lye version so no mix is required. Let us know what your results are.

Thank U - Thank U - Thank U

I will let everyone know. I haven't really taken more pictures in a while and I plan to take advantage of this long weekend and my new sports digital camera! I've come so far, the last thing I want is for all my hair to fall out.

yeah, Adrian is right. The one you bought at the BSS was definitely a no-lye version. Those always need activator--and most shops won't sell you a lye version of a professional relaxer brand like Affirm and Mizani unless you are a licensed cosmetologist. The only way you can get the lye version is usually from an online BSS.

Good luck!

Back