>< Affirm USERS, pretty please check IN ><

AnjelLuvs

ok, I decided to make that switch to lye and affirm being my choice.

I went to a BSS, and they had one Affirm, that had an activatior, and it said moisture plus, and it was in resistant.

I passed, because I was looking for Affirm Conditioning creme Lye relaxer - Mild or Normal

Are these the same thing?

I thought having an activator made it no-lye, please help me out, before I pruchase sumthing that will make me go bald, or sumthing that I really dont want!

Also if not the same does anyone know where in NY I can get this, if not I already know about sledeez, but dont wanna invest in a 4lb tub, when I dont know how my hair will react to it!

TIA

kitchen_tician

I may be wrong, but I think if it has an activator liquid with it, it's usually NO-LYE. Look at the ingredients and it will state whether it has sodium hydroxide (lye), calcium hydroxide (no lye) or guanidine hydroxide (no lye) etc.

Also check out Affirm's website to see if they include the details on the product. http://www.avlon.com/science/science.html

Oh yeah, I think the Affirm Lye only comes in the 4lb tubs. I also use Affirm Lye Mild Formula. If you lived here, you could have some of my relaxer.
It's also in the 4lb tub and I only perm 4 times per year.
I hope this helps.

AnjelLuvs

[ QUOTE ]
sithembile said:
How long does the tub last you, and it does it expire after a certain time period?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeh I would like to know the same thing!, also do u do it urself or have someone else help u out!

kitchen_tician

Sithembile and Angel LUB,
I only relax 4 times per year, so the tub will last well over that. I'm not sure about an expiration on the product. Hopefully, I'll be able to tell by the effectiveness of the perm. Yes, I self relax with no help.

bimbabe

I dunno

I am assuming a colour change or some mold. But right now it looks the same and has the dame consistency as when I bought it last year-and most importantly it straightens my hair!

Mocha1111

I sent Avlon an email regarding the expiration date of their relaxers. Here is a copy of the email and their response:

Hi,
According to our Lab Administrator, there is no required expiration date for relaxers. However, to assure optimum performance, we recommend that the product is used within three years of production.

Thanks for your inquiry. If we can assist you further, don't hesitate to contact us. I can also be reached at 708/563-0363, Ext. 641.

Pat Edwards

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2004 1:36 PM
To: [email protected]
Cc: P Edwards
Subject: Email from avlon.com

What is the shelf life of your Affirm Conditioning Relaxer once opened?

AnjelLuvs

Sorry, never said thank, THANKS, LOL

Does anyone know where to get Affirm Regular at a BS in NYC, if not a good beautician that can do perms, and uses Affirm!